Saitek Throttle Quadrant Axes "Jumpy"

So my throttle quadrant worked great until the new patch yesterday.  I was flying the P-47D Wolfpack campaign and after takeoff when I was lowering my engine RPM the engine kept revving and lowering.  I thought I had an issue with the engine, but I noticed my RPM lever jumping back and forth.

I Googled the issue, took my controller apart, cleaned the pots, went to the Logitech website and re-calibrated the controller and still no joy.  I verified that I cleared all the controllers assignments and after trying them one at a time still had the issue.  I checked everything I could, but have no joy.  

I am pretty confident all the axes on my controller did not die at once, so I am leaning towards some bug in DCS that is giving me the issue.  Since the only change from yesterday to today was the DCS update.

Thoughts?

Try rename  your saved games config input folder, I had a strange problem with the spit, that was due to a change I had made to one the joystick files, it costs you a few mins to check.

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Have you checked the Axis in windows, Settings, Devices, Devices and Printers and right click on your throttle and click game controller settings, there you can check your axis input in widows.

I don't think its a DCS issue tbh.

• 3 weeks later...

Still having the issues.  It is doing it in the windows "setup USB game controllers" calibration page as well.

I am pretty sure something changed in windows that messed it up or the controller went bad.  Let's see what Logitech can do for it.

• 3 weeks later...

Any thoughts?  I went to Logitech and they gave me a list of things to do.  None of them worked.  They sent me a new throttle quadrant, and I still have the issues.  I have disabled each different USB human interface device (HID), unplugged each device, and still this is happening.  Anyone have any other thoughts?

I had that same problem of jumpy axis since day one, 4 years ago - after some extensive DIY/forum researches, it seems that the "Saitek Throttle Quadrant" uses very cheap potentiometers in order to economize probably 0.67$, so best thing is to ask for a refund. Such Saitek products should simply be avoided... 

Edited by ZnarF
  • Like 1

ZnarF, thanks for your thought, but those still do not help me solve this problem.  The first one worked fine until some update and now there is a conflict in Windows with the drivers of it.  I need help solving that problem.

Thanks.

Sorry bud, the product is simply faulty due to cheap parts and construction.  All your pots appear to be jittering which suggests it's the board itself that's picking up noise.

DCS is very unlikely to have made any changes to your drivers.  Even if it did, it would likely stop working altogether.  This happening just after an update is just a coincidence.