when release?

Fawaz_Q8

5 hours ago, SovietAce said:

Latest estimate was something like "before 2022", but given current progress I would expect it much later. 

Considering we haven't seen anything posted with it in a long time. I'm guessing 2023. Esspessially with all the system present in the Mudhen that they will have to constantly tweek

43 minutes ago, CrazyGman said:

Considering we haven't seen anything posted with it in a long time. I'm guessing 2023. Esspessially with all the system present in the Mudhen that they will have to constantly tweek

I wouldn't necessarily say one month is a long time...

49 minutes ago, razo+r said:

I wouldn't necessarily say one month is a long time...

I mean a laser scan of the cockpit, is pretty bare bones stuff, espesially when you compare it to 3 other projects that have updated with more info in the last month. That scan didn't even make the facebook page.

Edited by CrazyGman

We haven't even seen the thing flying in DCS (textures or not), and we know how much RB like teasing any time they make any amount of progress on any of their dozens of projects. The only statement we heard months ago is that coding was not happening on any new modules in order to complete the Mirage, Harrier and Farmer, and since then the only new thing we've seen are some screenshots of the Mudhen (plus improvements to existing modules).

All that points out to the Mig-23 not being remotely near release, so yeah I'd agree with 2023+. DCS projects take a long time, and this will take extra long if they try to are to complete their stuff and release the Mudhen first.

• Like 3

On 4/26/2021 at 4:55 PM, TLTeo said:

All that points out to the Mig-23 not being remotely near release, so yeah I'd agree with 2023+. DCS projects take a long time, and this will take extra long if they try to are to complete their stuff and release the Mudhen first.

The good news is with that being the last US teen fighter lacking major representation, it entering service greatly increases the odds of future modules being based on either European, Soviet, or early Cold War designs, maybe some more WWII stuff 😃

• Like 4

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

I just rediscovered DCS for my self and I am getting more and more into it.

Now I am aware that the “23” is in the making for years now - and that’s good since she is one of my all-time favorite fighter planes.

However I am slightly confused that despite the module being in development since a long the progress seems to be very limited.

Can the devs share their view on what the plans for this module are? 

Edited by 1MajorKoenig
  • Like 4

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Razbam got contract for F-15E more than 10 years ago.

You should be lucky as MIG-23 will be released without similar setback, in small part because F-15E sales will enable hiring more coders to work on new modules like MIG-23.

Razbam never set the MiG-23 project aside for the F-15E. MiG-23 was never meant to be ahead of F-15E in the first place. That was only in you mind. Again, a frustration issue due to highly unrealistic expectations.

Remember ED only sells modules for a simulator, they don't provide therapy for the buyers, mates. Expectations management, always.

• Like 3

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Razbam never set the MiG-23 project aside for the F-15E. MiG-23 was never meant to be ahead of F-15E in the first place. That was only in you mind. Again, a frustration issue due to highly unrealistic expectations.

Remember ED only sells modules for a simulator, they don't provide therapy for the buyers, mates. Expectations management, always.
Hmmm, maybe that's a lost business opportunity.
Therapy session modules, might sell if they're cheap enough.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Hmmm, maybe that's a lost business opportunity.
Therapy session modules, might sell if they're cheap enough.

Therapy sessions cheaper than modules? There might be something with that… 😄

• Like 1

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

• 4 weeks later...