Jester fiddling with the armament during carrier approach?

stingray77

I don't know if this is intended (realistic) or a bug, and/or related to 2.7 (I still have only limited experience in DCS - sorry):

on my carrier approach, Jester seems to fiddle around with the armament - like (most noticeable) activating Sidewinders. Then I hear the growling for a wile, which is "not really helpful" when concentrating on the approach... If I'm lucky, he switches to other stations, so I don't have the growling in my ear any more...

Now, IS that intended? Is it realistic? 🤔

Thanks for sharing your views/experience.

Edited by stingray77

Windows 10 64bit, Intel Core i7 10700KF CPU @ 3.8GHz, 16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 8GB. 1TB SSD, VKB Gunfighter III F-14 Stick, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Track IR 5 with Pro Clip, Logitech G510 Keyboard, Logitech Performance MX Mouse, Sony KD-55X8005C

Afaik RIO has no control to change A2A weapon - only the pilot does that from the stick. It's not Jester. Check your bindings. It might be yet another ghost input from your faulty stick.

Edited by draconus
  • Like 1

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

vor 24 Minuten schrieb draconus:

Afaik RIO has no control to change A2A weapon - only the pilot does that from the stick. It's not Jester. Check your bindings. It might be yet another ghost input from your faulty stick.

Thanks both of you - yeah, draconus, guess you are spot on......

IF it's a ghost input, then I should see the weapons selector switch on the stick moving....... Something to check! 🤔

Edited by stingray77
  • Like 2

Windows 10 64bit, Intel Core i7 10700KF CPU @ 3.8GHz, 16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 8GB. 1TB SSD, VKB Gunfighter III F-14 Stick, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Track IR 5 with Pro Clip, Logitech G510 Keyboard, Logitech Performance MX Mouse, Sony KD-55X8005C

1 minute ago, Snappy said:

The Trim hat is moving?

That probably not afair - but the buttons, trigger, switches, lever are animated last time I checked, including moving and pushing weapon selector.

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

Can confirm, too! Most prominently the weapons-selector switch DOES move between Off-Guns-SW-SP/PH!

So, coming back to my question: should I expect this switch to move following the ghost input? I tend to expect that...

7 minutes ago, stingray77 said:

should I expect this switch to move following the ghost input? I tend to expect that...

Yes. Ghost input is an elctronics short/signal that is not done by your action, it gets into the game as a normal input so it will be visible. It can come from faulty hardware, bad switch, too long cable, USB hubs, low power... etc.

Thanks for the confirmation and clarification... I will have a look for the switch moving without me touching it.

Short update:

On a quick hop (Case I) yesterday evening, I found Sidewinders miraculously becoming active on approach to the carrier - checked the "in-sim-stick" showing the weapons-selector in SW without me having touched it / without my "real-life-stick" having the weapons-selector in SW! - paused and switched to DevCfg running in backgound and the button was NOT active. I understand - as it is a switch and not a momentary button - that that one should light up in the testing, and not the "weapons off"-switch (as was the case)! That should suggest, my prob is more DCS-related than a VKB-thing!

I'll keep on testing...

Edited by stingray77