How is the new Pandemic Campaign?

On 5/23/2021 at 7:21 PM, DisguisedGerbil said:

I’m having an annoying bug in the second mission. First run I got everything ok and got to shoot enemies, but ultimately died. Now, I don’t get any more permission to take off. Comms to start up is fine, I hear 61 getting to their area, but no matter how long I wait, I don’t get to take off. Without permission the mission ends straight away. Tried multiple times, restarted etc. anyone else with the same issue or ideas?

Do you start your helo in your own or auto start? Maybe you missed a system and the game does not flag you as "ready". Try auto engine start.

I'm disappointed ! Good idea but bad performance. Voice overs are just... crap, too scarce briefings... I finished the campaign but without much pleasure. That campaign should not be in sale by my opinion. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nazradu said:

I am starting to record Deployment and in my opinion it is the best Black Shark campaign after all.

That's what I've said. This campaign was so sexy even in 1.1.1.1

To take off in pandemic you'll have to be on the good frequency. I mainly set auto start, because something wasn't right for the script to detect my manual start. Didn't bother too long, win+home & 10x time compression for 3mn.

The clearance should be granted after wingmen takeoffs

No bugs detected though, if you do things the way it has been designed.

TASK / ROLES acronyms guide

Black Shark A.I. datalink guide illustrated (v1.2.4 Available on Wiki)

DCS World Codex 1.1 : full units list (Speed/Weapons/Armor thickness/Threat zone/Weapon damage...) (Oct 2013)

BlackShark 2 1.2.x Bug and glitches thread (v1.2.7)

20 hours ago, Erforce said:

That's what I've said. This campaign was so sexy even in 1.1.1.1

And it still is! Been doing mission 4 and 5 of Deployment and these night flights are so cool! Nothing comes close to this campaign in terms of atmosphere.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm surprised that Pandemic seems to be one of the less popular campaigns.  Having just finished it, I quite liked it.  You get to see the PG map up close in glorious detail, and the mission variety is outstanding.  Having also played Medvedev II and Deployment, I'd say Pandemic is my favorite.

• 2 weeks later...

The campaign has medium quality and difficulty level aporopriate for begginers. Which is no surprise considering its cost.

The main issue is that in many places missions "bugged by design." For example, in mission with convoy protection you need to destroy mortars, so convoy could continue moving. So you go and kill the mortars, evade MANPADs, which are defending them... and nothing happens. Mission is stuck with for no obvious reason. There is no threat to the convoy anymore but it just does not want to move. The answer is you need to kill MANPAD's and nearby truck to make the trigger work that make no sense whatsoever. That really spoils the impression and break the immersion.

• 6 months later...

Had 5 attempts at mission 2 now and between the combat director sometimes failing to give me flight clearance and the outpost and roadblock being cleared but dont trigger the hinds or su-24s im starting to feel like this campaign has issues. The awful machine voice is a major detriment, it completely sucks any sense of engagement out of it for me.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2021 at 8:25 PM, nazradu said:

I would at this point recommend to wait for a sale. I would not mind the quality of the voice acting but it's only the bare minimum. And that's not ok, If you compare that to other campaigns and consider the price point. Mission one is only a 15 minute flight through the dessert. There are two Mi-24 with you. Why No radio Chatter? Why no forced formation flight?

Trigger zones are set to small. In my first flight of mission one I landed inside the camp, nothing happened. Did shut down the engine. Nothing. OK. Exit the mission. Fail. WTF? So I had to this boring thing again. Mission two I have done three times now and every time some triggers did not happen. Today killed everything nothing happens. Did fly over the road block and camp. Everything dead. Nothing left on F10 map. OK RTB. In my way back by accident hit a trigger zone, air strike inbound. Fine. RTB, landed nothing happens. Shut down, exit, fail? m(

ATM very disappointed.

thats what I meant with technical cra** ermm, issues. in waypoints, the triggers are - different. But as some people like to fly the same mission 20 times to detect the trigger maybe its just me wondering if this is correct. As I said, the other campaigns are a bit harder imo, thats not what I say - its easy but boring to encounter technical bugs, designbugs.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I like the campaign but am only on mission 7.  I find that I'm in the middle of a battle and a 15 second time limit comes up and it's over with no winner.  I must be missing a trigger somewhere but not sure where.  In 7 I get to the top of the mountain range, I fire at the SAM and it's shooting at me and the 15 second warning comes up and game over right in the middle of the battle?  Anyone know what I'm doing wrong.  I watched someone else play it on YT but I'm obviously missing something.  Same thing happened on mission 6.  Finally just skipped it even though I was down to the last 3 tanks coming in.  Never mind...finally beat the mission!!

Edited by mla306
update

• 6 months later...

I enjoyed mission one and would like to enjoy mission 2, but if you do purchase this, make sure  you bring some popcorn, a pillow and a good book to read because if you take off too soon, you fail the mission and if you start up properly, radio on the correct station and can hear radio traffic, the wait is longer than I have been able to find out yet.  I let it sit for about 3 hours and it still wouldn't tell me to take off, so I'm guessing it's either a bug or there is a hidden trigger that isn't obvious like configuring the flares a certain way, choosing the correct livery or weapons set to man instead of auto.  Who knows.

Anyone else had this happen to them?