Mission 1 Inconsistencies

Radio recording on permission to taxi describes right on alpha, left on echo, which is in conflict with mission briefing doc, and does not appear to work.

Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro | AMD Ryzen 7 5600X | 64GB 3200 | PowerColor AXRX 6800XT | VKB Gladiator | Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 | HP Reverb G2 |TrackIR

43 minutes ago, -Quetzalcoatl- said:

Radio recording on permission to taxi describes right on alpha, left on echo, which is in conflict with mission briefing doc, and does not appear to work.

You sure?  Instruction is turn right onto Alpha (the long taxiway), left onto Echo (the connecting angled spur), hold short runway 13L.  From the starting position, briefing pic below is in agreement with what you said?

Just checked it and all working ok on taxi Echo (Foxtrot should work as well), assume you are ok now with the radios after the last query you had?

Please let me know if I can be anymore help!

AuUdk4vK9AJ8Z2DWxnMfUmrjLtYIDuDQgM9SeS0SScreen_210426_222406.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

ATC comms has been wonky for quite some time, so I don't see why it was made so integral to this campaign.  

Do startup and taxi through the F10 AND F5 menus?

I just ran mission 3 through the mission editor so I could do externals and labels, finished the crew in the orchard, and was told that I finished all the objectives, but an ATC

mis-match of some time was preventing me from getting a mission completion.

Fail...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A tale of 2 hogs

22 minutes ago, Spectre_USA said:

ATC comms has been wonky for quite some time, so I don't see why it was made so integral to this campaign.  

Do startup and taxi through the F10 AND F5 menus?

I just ran mission 3 through the mission editor so I could do externals and labels, finished the crew in the orchard, and was told that I finished all the objectives, but an ATC

mis-match of some time was preventing me from getting a mission completion.

Fail...

Just use the F10 menu, the campaign doesn't use any of the default ATC through the F5 menu.  All you need is permission to land, once you've landed at Al Minhad you will get the mission complete message.

Well, I am now trying to fly mission 5 through the editor to get my prefferred settings, and I cannot get a response to the F10 menu, request start-up.  

I am using the automated startup sequence, and transmitting as soon as the APU generator is on.

No reply.

So, if I get the "you are screwed" message like above, but fly home, ask permission to land withing 10 miles, it will credit the mission?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A tale of 2 hogs

4 hours ago, Spectre_USA said:

Well, I am now trying to fly mission 5 through the editor to get my prefferred settings, and I cannot get a response to the F10 menu, request start-up.  

I am using the automated startup sequence, and transmitting as soon as the APU generator is on.

No reply.

So, if I get the "you are screwed" message like above, but fly home, ask permission to land withing 10 miles, it will credit the mission?

No if you got the failure message then you won't be able to proceed.  If you're not getting a response to the F10 menu then it will be because the radio is set incorrectly, without seeing it I can't say what the issue is but common issues are:

Using the wrong radio, ATC is on the VHF AM (front radio in the stack).

Setting the wrong frequency, the correct frequency is in the kneeboard/ PDF briefing, don't use the settings from the F10 map as the campaign uses custom freqs and comms throughout.

Last time I checked the presets were bugged in the A-10 radios so recommend you use manual settings and avoid presets channels.

Also make sure easy comms are off.

Apologies if you already know any of that but they're the most common issues I've come across.

If you still have trouble after that then if possible link me a track or send me a photo of your radio panel and I should be able to advise further.

• Like 1

That's it!

Even through Easy comms "enforce" was not checked, I did have it on universally.

Once unchecked, start up & taxi permissions were given by the F10 menu. 

I was able to take off, no dings.

Of course, with no Labels or map icons, I will not be flying it as campaign, but there are some very well laid out missions I'll fly with my own settings.

It is just a shame I cannot same them and fly them my way in a campaign...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A tale of 2 hogs

1 hour ago, Spectre_USA said:

That's it!

Even through Easy comms "enforce" was not checked, I did have it on universally.

Once unchecked, start up & taxi permissions were given by the F10 menu. 

I was able to take off, no dings.

Of course, with no Labels or map icons, I will not be flying it as campaign, but there are some very well laid out missions I'll fly with my own settings.

It is just a shame I cannot same them and fly them my way in a campaign...

Great stuff, glad you got it sorted.