Screen going randomly black

Da Madcat

@Da Madcat i posted another topic for what seems like same thing. for you does it eventually go away? when i see the issue, its like majority of image is covered with black. and i think, when i change view, the image of the sim returns.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

21 minutes ago, silverdevil said:

@Da Madcat i posted another topic for what seems like same thing. for you does it eventually go away? when i see the issue, its like majority of image is covered with black. and i think, when i change view, the image of the sim returns.

Generally it does, although my last attempt at making a video (using replay) I had to completely abandon as the black screen wouldn't go away (which as you can imagine totally ruined the video) and then I had to force exit dcs altogether as I couldn't get the screen back at all. 

hmm. in my case my computer was able to stay in DCS. i did just fly a little and it did not happen. i disabled my xbox game bar. i believe i have read here on the forums that this could cause issues.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

6 minutes ago, silverdevil said:

hmm. in my case my computer was able to stay in DCS. i did just fly a little and it did not happen. i disabled my xbox game bar. i believe i have read here on the forums that this could cause issues.

Ok cool. I'll give that a shot. Cheers!

10 hours ago, silverdevil said:

Nope, sadly that did not work. Problem persists!

Hi,

I'm not sure, but judging your short video it seems you're using mods? I can't remember F117 is already available as a module. So,

assuming I might be on the right track, I'd suggest:

- deactivate all installed mods first, at least for the moment (some mods might not be compatible with 2.7)

- use only official modules and test again

- try a scenario without clouds, then use a cloud set step by step - maybe there is an issue with the new clouds?

- try the use a clean graphic card setup (NVidia control panel f.ex. or analogue to AMD), so no crazy settings / OC etc.

Cheerio

Ok, I tried the same flight in the Su 25T and still the same problem (so it is not an issue with the F-117 Mod).
Next I did the same flight again (back in the F-117) but this time without clouds enabled and there was no screen blackout.
Conclusion: it is an issue with the new cloud system.

However, I will do further investigation to see if the problem occurs with all the different cloud settings or if it is just some of them.

im experiencing the same issue whenever cars of civilian traffic at nearest LOD on the channel map come into view.

once i look away, or the car drives away so its LOD decreases, the black screen goes away.

usually the whole screen is black, but rarely only horizontally part is, as if a large black rectangle is over the screen.

amd rx 580

Edited by dorianR666

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have just started having this issue as well. I was playing the Raven One campaign mission 2 and when I turned my head behind me as it was getting dark, I would randomly get a large black screen pop up in front of me. This black screen, which did not fit the entire screen but a large portion of it, would turn with me as I turn my head with Track IR. It would be sporadic and then go away after a few seconds or if I changed the position of my head by quite a few degrees.

I am running DCS 2.7 with the latest update which came out this week. I have validated all files and they are correct- no issues there. My graphics driver is up to date and I am running no mods. Xbox Gamebar is switched off. Is anyone else experiencing this bug? Is it something to do with the last update?

If anyone can help I would much appreciate it. 

(RTX 3080, 5600x,  32GB Ram, 1 TB SSD, TrackIR)

• Like 1

Further to add-  The video above which shows the black screen is also the exact same lighting conditions in which I'm getting the same bug. Maybe this is something to do with the new beta? With certain lighting conditions and clouds, this bug happens? Just a thought.

• 2 weeks later...

I have this isue too. Black square taking about 2/3 of the screen. When I turn my head the square stays at the same place and eventually everything goes back to normal. Having the issue since 2.7.

:Ryzen 5800X | RTX3090 | 32Gb RAM | Nvme SSD Gen.4 | Reverb G2 | Virpil WarBrd Base | Constellation Alpha Grip / Virpil CM3 Throttle

• ED Team

this is reported and I have tested a fix ready for the next open beta 

thanks

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 7 months later...