BFM, and VR rear arc of view v's real pit.

Fish

On 4/28/2021 at 4:43 PM, Mover said:

And the Reverb G2 (Valve index is a little better) feels like fighting using NVGs.  

Damn, and here I was thinking the G2 was the way to go. I assume the Index has your seal of approval? Or are you using something else? I’m still using an Oculus CV-1. 

8 hours ago, Teleblaster said:

Damn, and here I was thinking the G2 was the way to go. I assume the Index has your seal of approval? Or are you using something else? I’m still using an Oculus CV-1. 

I really like the G2.  It has great clarity and performance.  The FOV is just not great.  I ordered an aftermarket face gasket which I hope will help.

4 hours ago, Mover said:

I really like the G2.  It has great clarity and performance.  The FOV is just not great.  I ordered an aftermarket face gasket which I hope will help.

Let us know how this gasket works out. So basically it brings the lenses a bit closer?

On 4/29/2021 at 11:53 PM, SharpeXB said:

Pretty much this. 

Nice find for that. Tried to search for it but couldn't find it because I was looking it as F-16 one.

At 0:55 part to check the six.

Screenshot_20210502-004402-01.jpeg

Need to twist body pretty much to get eyes on the rear. 

The nice thing is that they have the canopy and cockpit to take support and pull them around and get to rest their head there.

I don't need to do that kind twist to get to see past my six in Rift S. But i don't either has that nice support to lay my hand and back. 

Maybe I should add those as it would definitely come in use in some cases.

I just removed the headrest part as I kept colliding my HMD on it when looking to rear. But having something on the shoulder level could be very nice addition!

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I tried one of these for my G2, it was too thin, the lenses ended up almost on my eyes and it did not really seem to help as a result...I used the soft VR gasket, if this is what you are talking about ( The frankenFOV??) There is a 3d printed less deep plastic section you can also get from thingyverse I believe?  

It also does not help that the sweetspot on the G" is quite small - I dont know why this is either, is it much more costly or something to make the lenses so you get the same clarity all over ? 

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Virpil CM3 base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Thanks for all the posts. Interesting perspectives. 

Here's another video displaying what real pilots do.... 

Edited by Fish

Fish's Flight Sim Videos

[sIGPIC]I13700k, RTX4090, 64gb ram @ 3600, superUltraWide 5120x1440, 2560x1440, 1920x1080, Warthog, Tusba TQS, Reverb VR1000, Pico 4, Wifi6 router, 360/36 internet[/sIGPIC]

On 5/5/2021 at 4:36 PM, Mover said:

This is what I got.  Seems to add about 5 degrees to the FOV.  Still comfortable.  Fits perfectly.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08R729SLC/

Cheers, will give it a go

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Virpil CM3 base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit.