Toe brakes axis settings

CSL_Ondras

I do not know, if it is a bug and if it is happening only to me, but after the latest DCS update, toe brake axis, even when set as the slider, work as if set as normal axis and therefore, eventhough there is no imput from the controler, the brakes in aircraft are always half actuated and therefore the aicraft is permanently braking. This makes toe brakes on my pedals basically useless for all aicraft, which brake with toe brakes.

O.

If they are in the up position they should be at the edge of the axis, right? Not in the middle. Toe brakes usually need reversed axis afaik. Can you show some screenshots from axis control page and axis tune for toe brakes?

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

Will post screenshot when I get back home. I know what you mean, some modules require inverted settings. However now, regardless of setting - whether the axis are inverted or not, or set as the slider, they stay always in the middle. It is overall issue, not connetected to the specific module. The outcome is that if I assign wheel brake axis to the controller for any relevant module, the aircraft is permanently half-braking. I was using toe brakes without problems until the last update. I am curious whether anyone else have noticed this.

O.

Edited by CSL_Ondras

56 minutes ago, peachmonkey said:

the MFG Crosswinds I have don't exhibit this problem, the toe breaks work normally with the minimum position (0) in a non-pressed state. Maybe it's something to do with the pedal controller not recognized properly by 2.7?

I have checked the controler in Windows and it seems the issue was there. I have recently recalibrated my pedals and something went wrong.. So thanks for pointing me in this direction. I guess this thread can be closed as solved..

O.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi All

I'm having a problem with my MFG crosswind pedals that it sounds like some of you might recognise.

Pushing on the rudder pedal with my right foot (i.e. operating the Rx axis),  is causing the the right toe brake (Y axis) to respond. I am not moving the the brake pedal through its arc of movement & indeed I get the same response of i push on the rudder cross bars rather than the pedal!

There is obviously some sort of coupling occurring between the Rx axis & the Y axis, but I have no idea how to troubleshoot or resolve it, so any ideas or known solutions would be most welcome.

Just for completeness the Y axis appears to function normally when operated in isolation & the X axis ( left toe brake) works just fine. I have checked that the firmware is up to date & have run the MFG Configurator software as per the instructions in the manual but still no dice.

Thanks

Intel i7 12th gen 3.61 GHz, GTX 1080ti, 32gb Hyper X fury ddr5, Rift S

Ok so the previous post decided not to include my Text!

In the top picture the pedals at rest are shown by the top table & the screen shot at the bottom, the middle picture shows the axis tunings in DCS. And the bottom picture shows the involvement of the right pedal when right rudder is applied.

I hope that all makes sense  - assuming that this post isnt scrambled like the one above ;)

Many thanks

DCS settings look OK. Have you tried without the MFG software if the Windows game device test shows the same behavior? It would point to the hardware problem then. All axis should be independent. Otoh OP problem was solved by recalibration.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

Recalibration was my first thought, but it had no effect> Yes I have looked at the windows calibration tool & it does show the same coupled behaviour.

I also wondered whether the pcb in the pedals might be the cause & have emailed MFG to try & get an opinion from them. Happily,  having looked at the cost of a replacement board its not going to break the bank & might be the simplest way forward.

In the meantime I've just deselected the right brake pedal in the affected aircraft, or switched braking to the joystick brake lever.

Thanks for taking the time to help