One eye turns black until i change the view

5ephir0th

While playing, single or multiplayer mission, a black stain appears outside the cockpit on one eye and start to grow until it cover the outside of the cockpit on one eye but you cant see without problem the cockpit.

If you change to a external view (witch looks ok) and come back to cockpit it fixes it and if, while the stain is growing, before it fill the screen you look around it fixed to, but its a matter of time that it happen again.

This was on a Quest 2 via AirLink, but other users has reported it happen on Link to, i don´t know if this happen to others headsets.

NZXT H9 Flow Black | Intel Core i5 13600KF OCed P5.6 E4.4 | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB C30 OCed 6600 C32 | nVidia GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition |  Western Digital SN770 2TB | Gigabyte GP-UD1000GM PG5 ATX 3.0 1000W | SteelSeries Apex 7 | Razer Viper Mini | SteelSeries Artics Nova 7 | LG OLED42C2 | Xiaomi P1 55"

Virpil T-50 CM2 Base + Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | WinWing Orion 2 F16EX Viper Throttle  | WinWing ICP | 3 x Thrustmaster MFD | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Oculus Quest 2

DCS World | Persian Gulf | Syria | Flaming Cliff 3 | P-51D Mustang | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Fw-109 A-8 | A-10C II Tank Killer | F/A-18C Hornet | F-14B Tomcat | F-16C Viper | F-15E Strike Eagle | M2000C | Ka-50 BlackShark III | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | SuperCarrier

2 minutes ago, 5ephir0th said:

While playing, single or multiplayer mission, a black stain appears outside the cockpit on one eye and start to grow until it cover the outside of the cockpit on one eye but you cant see without problem the cockpit.

If you change to a external view (witch looks ok) and come back to cockpit it fixes it and if, while the stain is growing, before it fill the screen you look around it fixed to, but its a matter of time that it happen again.

This was on a Quest 2 via AirLink, but other users has reported it happen on Link to, i don´t know if this happen to others headsets.

I have also had this happen once since 2.7.

(Haven't been able to reproduce so I didn't report here)

I was flying the Hornet over Caucasus

- clouds broken

- time 19.00

- about 12.000ft

Could be just coincidence, but when I flipped open/on my mirrors, a black "stain" started smearing in my Reverbs right eye until, after about half a minute, everything in that lens was black.

Well... not everything actually. The entire cockpit was still visible, but everything outside the cockpit went completely black.

No issues in the left lens 

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

It's not just VR apparently: there are people seeing them in pancake mode as well.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

• 2 months later...

Hey everyone!

I am using the G2 and had the same problem while there are either many static objects (on a carrier or even with ai aircraft being nearby). I only had the black "stain" on the right eye of the G2...

This issue seems to disappear for me when I dial up the render scale in STEAM VR to or above the render pixels of the G2. Right now I dialed it up to 120% render scale and the problem seems to disappear...

When running into performance issues you could dial down the pixel density in DCS on the VR tab...