Aerodrome Data and Frequencies - Updated 24 February 2024

Minsky

Thank you thank thank you!

It's probably one of the most well designed and comprehensive set of information currently available in user files.

I have two suggestions:

- Is it possible to include the airport's elevation in meters, as you did with Caucasus?

- Is it possible that the numbering on the left column (or adding an additional column) correspond to the FC3 airport IDs?

Kind regards

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Asus ROG Strix B550-F | Asus GeForce RTX 3080 | HyperX 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | SSD Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB M.2 NVMe | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S | Thrustmaster T16000M FCS Flight Pack

• Minsky changed the title to Aerodrome Data and Frequencies - Updated 22 July 2021

Hey folks!

The new version is up. First post updated.

22 July 2021
- All kneeboards updated for the latest OB 2.7.4.9632.
- Mariana Islands: elevations in meters added.
- Mariana Islands: sloped runway at Antonio B. Wont Pat flattened to 255 ft.
- Normandy: Ford AF renamed to Ford AB.
- Normandy: minor elevation changes (1-2 feet) at half of the airfields.
- Syria: elevations in meters added.
- Syria: multiple changes to navaids.
- Syria: moved all NDBs from the runway column to the navaids column. Meaning, they're no longer tied to a specific runway, but greatly improved readability should compensate for this drawback.
- Syria: note that one of the NDBs at Damascus (this time it's 342 DAL) is currently broken (reported).

@shu77 @Weegie

DCS 2.7.4.9632 Open Beta - 21.07.2021 - detailed maps changelog:

Caucasus, Nevada, Persian Gulf, The Channel:
- NO CHANGES

Mariana Islands:
- NO ATC CHANGES
- Antonio B. Won Pat Intl: elevation 282>255 ft; the runway is no longer sloped

Normandy:
- NO ATC CHANGES
- Ford AF renamed to Ford AB
- Beny-sur-Mer elev. 200>199 ft
- Beuzeville elev. 115>114 ft
- Biniville elev. 105>107 ft
- Cricqueville-en-Bessin elev. 82>81 ft
- Deux Jumeaux elev. 125>124 ft
- Lantheuil elev. 174>175 ft
- Lignerolles elev. 404>405 ft
- Longues-sur-Mer elev. 226>225 ft
- Maupertus elev. 440>441 ft
- Meautis elev. 82>83 ft
- Picauville elev. 72>73 ft
- Rucqueville elev. 194>193 ft
- Saint Pierre du Mont elev. 102>103 ft
- Sainte-Croix-sur-Mer elev. 161>160 ft
- Ford AB elev. 30>29 ft
- Funtington elev. 164>165 ft
- Tangmere elev. 49>48 ft

Syria:
- NO ATC CHANGES
- Akrotiri: VORTAC 116.00/107X downgraded to TACAN 107X (VOR removed; true to real-world data)
- Ercan: LOC 108.30 has been (very poorly) added to rwy29
- Ercan elev. 384>312 ft
- Damascus: NDB 264 ABD is now fixed
- Gazipasa: VORDME 114.20 removed (true to real-world data)
- Gazipasa: rwy08 ILS downgraded to LOC (G/S removed; true to real-world data)
- Hatay: rwy22 ILS removed (true to real-world data)
- Kingsfield elev. 69>276 ft
- Paphos: TACAN 79X added (true to real-world data)
Not related to my kneeboards, just FYI:
- VORDME 113.90 BAR (near Beirut) downgraded to plain VOR (no DME)
- Akrotiri: rwy32 texture changed to rwy28 (true to real-world data)
- Incirlik: rwy23 ILS DANM renamed to IDNA (true to real-world data)

New bugs:
- Damascus: NDB 342 DAL is now broken (reported)
- Ercan: newly added rwy29 ILS is misplaced and doesn't have glideslope (reported)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dima | My DCS uploads

On 7/19/2021 at 6:49 PM, tagomago said:

- Is it possible to include the airport's elevation in meters, as you did with Caucasus?

- Is it possible that the numbering on the left column (or adding an additional column) correspond to the FC3 airport IDs?

You are very welcome!

1. Sure. Already added meters to Marianas and Syria with today's update. PG and Nevada will follow a bit later.

2. No hard promises, but I'll see what can be done.

• Like 1

Dima | My DCS uploads

• Minsky changed the title to Aerodrome Data and Frequencies - Updated 25 July 2021 (Now with aerodrome IDs)

The changelog is short, but this update took me the whole weekend to prepare😄  Enjoy!

25 July 2021
- All kneeboards: aerodrome numbers replaced with their IDs (for the Su-25T and certain Flaming Cliffs' planes).
- All kneeboards: elevations in meters added.
- The Channel: table kneeboard added.
- Caucasus and Persian Gulf: kneeboards refined to be cleaner and more informative.
- Numerous quality of life improvements across all kneeboards.

post-250721-2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

Dima | My DCS uploads

Damn, now THAT is public service! Many thanks once again!

Cheers!

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Asus ROG Strix B550-F | Asus GeForce RTX 3080 | HyperX 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | SSD Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB M.2 NVMe | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S | Thrustmaster T16000M FCS Flight Pack

• 1 month later...

Thanks a lot for this.  However, I can't get them to work in Syria and Mariana Islands.  I drop them into the usual place, e.g. E:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\terrains\MarianaIslands\Kneeboard, but nothing shows.  The 5 other maps work OK.

Any ideas?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

There was a problem with the Syria map and the user sheets not showing up a while back, I don't know if this has been resolved yet and havn't tried the Marianas to check it.

Have you tried inserting another another user sheet to see if the fault lies not with the Minsky's sheets but with the Region?

Just a thought

Thanks. It’s an issue with the Syria and Mariana maps apparently. 
Been reported as bugs in both cases. 
I’m not holding my breath in the case of Ugra!

• Like 2

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

neither have had the kneeboard folder implemented yet, as mentioned above its been reported and its quite annoying.  The workarounds are to post it in the airtcraft folder or embed in a mission file. 

• Like 1

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

• Minsky changed the title to Aerodrome Data and Frequencies - Updated 23 September 2021
  • 3 weeks later...

@Minsky Thank you for your outstanding work. Your kneeboard pages are great and helpful.

• Like 1

Helis: UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2+NS430 | Ka-50 III | SA342 | Mi-24P | AH-64D, Planes: F/A-18C | F-14 | Supercarrier | MiG-21bis | AJS37 | F-5E | AV-8B | M2000C | F-16C | L-39C+NS430 | C-101 | F-86F | MiG-15 | MiG-19 | FC3 | A-10C II, WWII: P-51D | Bf-109 | Fw-190 D9 | Mosquito FB VI | P-47D | WWII pack, GA: Yak-52 | Christen Eagle II, Maps: Nevada | Normandy 2.0 | Persian Gulf | Syria | The Channel

PC: 7800x3D, RTX 4090, 64 GB RAM, VR: HP Reverb G2.

• Minsky changed the title to Aerodrome Data and Frequencies - Updated 20 October 2021

20 October 2021
- Mariana Islands: Kneeboard reworked for the latest Open Beta 2.7.7.14727.

Nine new islands added, along with the small grass airstrip on Pagan island.

Preview (download links are in the first post):

preview-201021-2.jpg

Other maps haven't changed at all, as far as I can tell.

Edited by Minsky
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Dima | My DCS uploads

Great work here, Minsky. If only we could use the data in kneeboards in Syria and Marianas!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I was looking for Airdrome charts so I could use them for the Viper without having to write them down from the f10 map. I like what you did here, but I dont think I can use this info as the Viper takes the coordinates in a different format. The last numbers being 3 digit. Can someone point me to the right place? Thanks,

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

1 hour ago, Fakum said:

I like what you did here, but I dont think I can use this info as the Viper takes the coordinates in a different format. The last numbers being 3 digit.

Try punching them in as is and adding trailing zeros.

E.g. N45°05'13" E38°56'25" > N45°05.130' E038°56.250' (Krasnodar-Center)

Can't guarantee this will work for every airfield. But in theory it should guide you pretty close to your destination (within one mile).

Screenshot - Wed 17 Nov 21 , 20_00_23.jpg

Edited by Minsky
  • Like 1

Dima | My DCS uploads

• 1 month later...
On 11/17/2021 at 6:14 PM, Minsky said:

Try punching them in as is and adding trailing zeros.

E.g. N45°05'13" E38°56'25" > N45°05.130' E038°56.250' (Krasnodar-Center)

Can't guarantee this will work for every airfield. But in theory it should guide you pretty close to your destination (within one mile).

Screenshot - Wed 17 Nov 21 , 20_00_23.jpg

Found your kneeboard goodie, and absolutely loved it! The only hassle is its in the DMS - degrees minutes seconds (DD°MM'SS") format and F-16 i.e use the DDM - Degrees Decimal Minutes (DD°MM.MMM') format.

Just adding a zero to the DMS format isn't very reliable, as you gotta convert seconds to decimal minutes. 

I'd be willing to convert for you if I had the sheet/source, as my community would love to have a DDM version. PM if you're willing to share the source material, and we'll script the conversion and send it back for you to release.

Edited by Slopeh
  • Like 1

Hey guys!

Over the past months more than enough people asked if I could make these kneeboards with coordinates in decimals (DD°MM.mmm') instead of seconds (DD°MM'SS").

Since maintaining two sets of kneeboards will be a major PIA (and I would like to avoid this as much as possible), I'm thinking of simply replacing seconds with decimals, and calling it a day.

So if you're actively using seconds in the current kneeboards (emphasis on "actively"), I would like to hear your opinion on this.

To my knowledge, support of different coordinate systems in our modules stands as follows:

Decimals / 42°10.76'
Hornet (supports seconds as well)
A-10C
Viper
Ka-50
Upcoming Apache
Mirage (not sure about this one)
NS430 (not that it matters, but still)

Seconds / 42°10'46"
Harrier (entered in seconds, displayed in decimals?)
Tomcat
JF-17
Viggen

Edited by Minsky
  • Thanks 1

Dima | My DCS uploads

I know it’s a pain, but surely, as the major modules are split between the two, it would be good to have both. 

• Like 1

I'm Ok with just one, as part of the beauty of @Minsky s sheets is all the relevant data for all the bases are presented in one or two sheets.

If I was clever or inventive enough to have comeup with the format, I'd make duplicate sheets. One set with decimals co-ordinates and a second set with minutes and seconds. This way the format relevant to the module could be inserted into the kneeboard....................but that's an ideal case

At it's not too difficult to convert either format to the other, I'll settle for whatever Minsky decides and personally suits him

• Thanks 1

• Minsky changed the title to Aerodrome Data and Frequencies - Updated 24 December 2021 (should we switch to DD°MM.mmm' ?)
On 12/22/2021 at 11:09 AM, imacken said:

I know it’s a pain, but surely, as the major modules are split between the two, it would be good to have both. 

Yep, but it could very well be that the majority of folks just don't care about these coordinates at all.

If someone would say, "dude, me and my RIO -- we rely on them in every flight," that would be a good enough reason for me.

==============

Small update:

24 December 2021
- Nevada: Boulder City ATC added. Henderson ATC frequencies changed.

• Thanks 4

Dima | My DCS uploads

9 hours ago, Minsky said:

Yep, but it could very well be that the majority of folks just don't care about these coordinates at all.

If someone would say, "dude, me and my RIO -- we rely on them in every flight," that would be a good enough reason for me.

==============

Small update:

24 December 2021
- Nevada: Boulder City ATC added. Henderson ATC frequencies changed.

And let's not forget MGRS 🙂  ... What I find myself doing as of late (flying the Mirage a lot) is converting the magnetic headings of the runways back to true and makes me wonder if it would not be more useful to have the true headings instead of magnetic, making this fantastic set of kneeboards magvar agnostic (I've been thinking on creating a set of kneeboards with magvars per month/year/map)

Anyway, your work is very appreciated!

Merry Christmas!

I would really really appreciate getting a version of this that has the Viper format using the Decimal Degrees (I think that's what it's called).  

I would say rather than make 2 versions, just update these to show both the DMS and Decimal Degrees for each airfield et voila!  

I'd love it if you were willing to make that update for the community! 

Thank you for all the hard work you've already put into this, and for sharing with us all!