fresh install

hi need help doing a fresh reinstall on to a new 1tb hard drive my internet speed is 30mps but the download speed for 2.7 is no more than 3.5 mps how can i speed up the install
Just copy over the old installation, update shortcuts to new location and do a repair. No need to install/download again.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

I found this thread relating to my issue. I did a fresh install as well and copied over my config files and all works fine except that when I want to do a repair/cleanup (using Skate Zilla's DCS Updater / Launcher GUI tool), it tells me "cleanup has found some extra files not belonging to the vanilla game install:" (see attached screenshot)

So I clicked "Move to backup" but apparently all these files were the aircraft, tech and terrain modules that I reinstalled in DCS after the fresh install. So now I went back to vanilla install and had to put all these files back.

Is there any way to avoid this message??

Thanks

extra files.jpg

My rig:

My YouTube Channel: https://goo.gl/mWdlQk

PC Specs: Intel i7-3770k 3.5GHz | GeForce RTX 2060Super 8GB | Iiyama Black Hawk G-Master 75Hz dual monitors |16 GB RAM | ASUS Z77 Sabertooth mobo | Saitek PRO Combat Rudder Pedals | TM HOTAS Cougar | TrackIR5 | Win10x64

SOLVED - no more extra files after updating DCS OpenBeta

I had a support ticket on this as well and they told me to wait for the next update and that all files would be checked.

So I have updated to 2.7.0.5659 using Skate Zilla's DCS Updater / Launcher GUI.
I then did a REPAIR and ticked the option to search for extra files. It then informed me again of those same extra files and I clicked "Backup".
It then removed a few unnecessary files but also 2 modules: A-10C and Ka-50. So I thought, OK this time it didn't delete my terrains which took me ages to re-download a week ago so I started DCS World and re-downloaded those 2 modules which didn't take too long. Exited DCS World after double-checking all modules were there.
Finally, I did another REPAIR and also a CLEANUP just to be sure no extra files were found this time. And it didn't find extra files so that's great.

My rig:

PC Specs: Intel i7-3770k 3.5GHz | GeForce RTX 2060Super 8GB | Iiyama Black Hawk G-Master 75Hz dual monitors |16 GB RAM | ASUS Z77 Sabertooth mobo | Saitek PRO Combat Rudder Pedals | TM HOTAS Cougar | TrackIR5 | Win10x64

Use the steam version as it is faster downloads and validating files are easy as well. 

Perhaps that might be an option yes but I have too many issues with this:
1. Are all DCS modules also available on Steam?
2. Can you transfer everything from DCS standalone to Steam without extra purchase or do you need to buy everything again on Steam?
3. Can you then still use the standalone version besides the Steam version as well or are you not allowed to have duplicate licenses, one for the standalone version and one for the Steam version?
4. I've read posts and watched YouTube videos and it seems there is a general preference for non-Steam installs. Even Grim Reapers in one of their videos says to get rid of the Steam version if you have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My rig:

Perhaps that might be an option yes but I have too many issues with this:
1. Are all DCS modules also available on Steam?
2. Can you transfer everything from DCS standalone to Steam without extra purchase or do you need to buy everything again on Steam?
3. Can you then still use the standalone version besides the Steam version as well or are you not allowed to have duplicate licenses, one for the standalone version and one for the Steam version?
4. I've read posts and watched YouTube videos and it seems there is a general preference for non-Steam installs. Even Grim Reapers in one of their videos says to get rid of the Steam version if you have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. Yes, (well, sort of)
2. No, only from Steam to Standalone
3. Yes, but why bother
4. That's a matter of opinion, but ED gets more of your money when you purchase directly from them.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk