Can Anybody guide me how to set the Near & Far NDB Markers

Weegie

Thanks

That seems a little cunning, so if I'm reeading that right th3 2 presets now select Near Frequency range for the beacons

That's great and really appreciated it was driving me nuts, as I recall the MiG-19 has something akin to that where the frequency presets for near and far are on different sides of the cockpit

Apolgies for not finding these threads myself

23 hours ago, Weegie said:

I can set the frequency for the outer or far marker but when I try to set the inner by moving the Near/Far Switch to Near I can't change the frequency range on the ARK 5

What am I missing?

Unfortunately current setup or shall I say "Cockpit Setup" describes MiG-15A with only one ndb beacon possible to setup. In MiG 15bis. You could set up up to 3 "near" ndb. I have original instruction for ARK-5 (From polish Lim-2) written in Russian, there's a lot of electrical blueprints also. If somebody's interested i can share.

With my best regards

• Thanks 1

@303_Kermit yeah I see you were involved in the original thread explaining what went on and how the system doesn't really match the real thing according to the manuals you have, thank you for your input, it's appreciated.

Personally I'd like authenticity but not at the expense of it rendering the near beacon useless for most airfields.

I've just been trying it out with Kobuleti and is doesn't work, the near frequency is out by a long way making the whole fun of trying bad weather landing impossible.

If I understand the basis of the Near/Far beacon philosophy correctly you navigate to the Far beacon, but you can approach from any direction, so the Near is required to line you up on finals

So it's a bit disappointing that it can't be used.

It may or may not be realistic but all I know is it's useless as it stands

Edited by Weegie
  • Like 1

Well... I fly only L39 and MiG15 so ... I had more than enough time to figure out how to land MiG-15 in any weather condition. I'll try to prepare some film if someone is interested. One NDB is enough 😉

With my best regards

Edited by 303_Kermit
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, 303_Kermit said:

Well... I fly only L39 and MiG15 so ... I had more than enough time to figure out how to land MiG-15 in any weather condition. I'll try to prepare some film if someone is interested. One NDB is enough 😉

With my best regards

Sure @303_Kermit I'd be interested to take a look, I'm not saying its impossible but it seems a bit stupid to have a system built into the module that assists bad weather landings and then implement it in such a way that it's not compatible with the inner and outer markers as the maps stand.

Maybe it's just me, but why not just have the inner beacons hard coded via a lookup table to match the corresponding outer beacons for the airfields that have the beacons paired?

It's a minor thing I suppose but could so easily be fixed in the code, it reminds me of the flashlights not being available in a number of the warbirds for example when that was ludicruosly simple to add