2.7 Views and Controls

Wdigman

Maybe I am doing something wrong and this can be a simple fix.

Decided to drive around in some armor in DCS 2.7 on the Syria map to check out the scenery. To my surprise a lot of the controls that I used to have are now gone. 

The Drivers view is now under the vehicle see attached, and you cannot move the turret in the exterior view. Turret controls are only in the Gunners view.

I also cannot get key binds or axis commands assigned to the mouse.

Any advice would be helpful. I am afraid my combined arms module is not playable until an update. Vehicles are very difficult to drive and you almost have no situational awareness.

DCS Combined Arms Driver View.jpg

On 4/28/2021 at 9:07 PM, Wdigman said:

Maybe I am doing something wrong and this can be a simple fix.

Decided to drive around in some armor in DCS 2.7 on the Syria map to check out the scenery. To my surprise a lot of the controls that I used to have are now gone. 

The Drivers view is now under the vehicle see attached, and you cannot move the turret in the exterior view. Turret controls are only in the Gunners view.

That's odd, I thought that's how it always worked.

As for the driver's view being underneath (what looks to be a BTR-80/82A) that's already reported.

Isometric view, might be the better choice for driving around in external view. I use a joystick for turret movement and I can't reproduce the problem in external view (which I take it is F7).

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.