Not working in 2.7

Hydrox

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bruce_D said:

Hi,

Do you use more then one monitor?

If yes, how many? Can you share your configuration?

Tks

Hi.

Right now, only one, but as you mention it, I will try with two monitors (my hardware maximum) and will compare. I will let you know rhe results and then share my config.

Saca111

3 hours ago, Bruce_D said:

Hi,

Do you use more then one monitor?

If yes, how many? Can you share your configuration?

Tks

Hi.

Right now, only one, but as you mention it, I will try with two monitors (my hardware maximum) and will compare. I will let you know rhe results and then share my config.

Saca111

Hello.

I set up my rig, with my Ipad as 2 monitor (usual for me) and:

1   NSR430 works ok on 1st monitor, but in certain planes (AV8, F-14, F-5...) the 2D screen of the NSR is reduced to the top bar. I can drag it to the 1st monitor and then it will look ok, but when back to 2nd monitor, only the top bar apears.

2   On planes that have "native" suport for the NSR (C-101 is the one I tested), the  NSR is ok in all monitors.

I attached the .lua file that I used for the test with this reply so you can check and see if it helps.

Nice to do this.

Saca111

SU25OnIpad.lua

Hi @Sacarino111,

Tks for your help! Your solution didn't work for me, but I've found the error.

I didn´t fix it, yet. The problem is with a shape named "ns430.edm" that can be found in \Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\NS430\Shapes

When you change the line 6 on the file "mainpanel_init.lua" from "-- parse_shape_to_render = false" to "parse_shape_to_render = false" you will see that the main frame for the NS430 is zoomed.

This file can be found in \Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\NS430\Cockpit\Scripts

I Will try to run a repair or copy the shape from an old DCS version and see the results.

I'm not sure if that is going to work!

Tks

Yup, mee too, with only one single monitor. The NS430 is only fully seen if you drag the window of the NS430 to the full monitor size ... which makes it rather big and quite useless 😞

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2021 at 8:16 AM, Wildross said:

Hello, i have the same problem with only one monitor.

On 6/17/2021 at 11:01 AM, dwm said:

Yup, mee too, with only one single monitor. The NS430 is only fully seen if you drag the window of the NS430 to the full monitor size ... which makes it rather big and quite useless 😞

Please attach your dxdiag logs (how to get one). I'm trying to reproduce  this bug with my single monitor but I cannot.

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• 2 weeks later...

I still cannot reproduce this issue. This means I need more data to report it.

I try to understand why even single monitor users can have this bug. I think the resolution ratio could cause this.

@WildrossWhat is the resolution of your screen? And what is your ingame resolution?

@dwmI see in your dxdiag log your have an ultra wide 3860 x 1600 monitor. Are you using the same resolution ingame? Could you please try to run a "standard" 16/9 or 16/10 resolution to see if the issue goes away.

Hi @Flappie,

just played around with it a bit...

- changed pc resolution to 1980x1080, ran DCS - no success,issue still there

- changed DCS resolution accordingly, switched off full screen ... no success, issue still there

😞

- changed back PC resolution to 3860x1600, ran DCS on only part of the screen ... no success, issue still there.

Ok.. I thought, back to my normal settings ...

- so DCS back to 3860x1600, full screen. Just for fun, changed shadows from "middle" to "Flat", switched cockpit from 1024 every image to 1024, shadow terrain objects also "flat". Tried again. ISSUE WENT AWAY!!!

🙂

- changed back to settings before (Shadows middle, 1024 every image, Shadows terrain obj. "standard". 

ISSUE NOT REPRODUCABLE.

This is how its now:

image.png

The good message is, I now have a working NS430. I tried also to drag and scale it, everything seems now like it should.

I really don't envy you to track down that one ... I can't find some direct relationship to one of the settings, but just fiddling around in the settings and one or two restarts seem to have fixed it?

TNX

Werner

16 minutes ago, dwm said:

I really don't envy you to track down that one ... I can't find some direct relationship to one of the settings, but just fiddling around in the settings and one or two restarts seem to have fixed it?

Thanks for your precious feedback! 😀

I think this is an issue within the options.lua file. Let's find out.

@Hydrox, @Wildross, @Bruce_D, please do this:

1. Backup your "Saved Games\DCS..._Config\options.lua" file by renaming it into "options.lua_backup",
  2. Launch DCS (it will create a brand new options.lua file, and you'll need to redo your graphcis and gameplay settings),
  3. Try to reproduce your NS430 issue,
  4. If the issue is fixed, please attach both "options.lua_backup" and "options.lua" files.

2 hours ago, Flappie said:

Thanks for your precious feedback! 😀

I think this is an issue within the options.lua file. Let's find out.

@Hydrox, @Wildross, @Bruce_D, please do this:

1. Backup your "Saved Games\DCS..._Config\options.lua" file by renaming it into "options.lua_backup",
  2. Launch DCS (it will create a brand new options.lua file, and you'll need to redo your graphcis and gameplay settings),
  3. Try to reproduce your NS430 issue,
  4. If the issue is fixed, please attach both "options.lua_backup" and "options.lua" files.

Hi Flappie,

The issue didn't fix for me...

Tks for the help!

• 1 month later...
On 8/22/2021 at 3:38 PM, Lvergara said:

Hi Bruce_D

I had the same problem with the GPS NS430 BUT i figured out that you need to deselect the option "MONITOR BLUR".

Please let me know if your problem was gone. 

Hi @Lvergara,

Sorry for the delay to answer you.

Your solution worked for me! Thank you!!!

@Flappie, could you check this, please!!!!

Tks

• Like 1