Map to waypoint conversion ?

max22

50 minutes ago, Furiz said:

You can read the coordinates on the F10 map and create Waypoints in both Viper and Hornet:

Easy way = fast way, directly from the map. 

Edited by max22

9 minutes ago, max22 said:

No

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Do not expect a reply to any questions, 30.06.2021 - Silenced by Nineline

Depends. Some dude has made a mod that snaps a screenshot and then does some OCR, and enters it for you in the Hornet. Or something like that. Maybe it was for Voice Attack. Can't remember, haven't tried it.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

It would be nice if you could at least snapshot the lat/lon from the F10 map to the kneeboard so you could more easily type it into the UFC without swapping between F10 and cockpit several times. 

• Like 3

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

3 hours ago, Machalot said:

It would be nice if you could at least snapshot the lat/lon from the F10 map to the kneeboard so you could more easily type it into the UFC without swapping between F10 and cockpit several times. 

Specially in VR

• Like 2

20 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Depends. Some dude has made a mod that snaps a screenshot and then does some OCR, and enters it for you in the Hornet. Or something like that. Maybe it was for Voice Attack. Can't remember, haven't tried it.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

That is all cool,

but just my opinion on such programs or apps, whats the point of playing a sim and even paying for it when you don't want to enter the coords by yourself, like it happens in real life,  if you only want to fire missiles and watch explosions, there are other "sims" around.

23 hours ago, Machalot said:

Or simply Copy/Paste a  Lat/Long into the UFC

I wonder how difficult would be implemeting similar solution from Viggen to other modules with different catriges.

It has so many possibilities, from F10 map, outside apps, automatic generated plans etc. Especially for massive MP missions with dozens of useless waypoints.

If I remember correctly there is/was a plan to implement catriges for more modules but I didn't hear about it for some time.

@Wags  Is there any way to have something simillar with Viggen cartriges for Viper or Hornet?

5 hours ago, Biggus said:

If anyone isn't aware of it, there's a scratchpad mod that passes IC.  It's just a text box that you can add text to.  I use it quite a bit.  You can find it here.

Wow, this is awesome, I will trie it. Thank you! 

By the way, what is IC? 

• Like 2

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Nope. early access. have to use the f10 map and have some measurement tools on your desktop.

In regards to the people going "typing in coords is realistic" no. no it's not. (edit : atleast typing in coords from f10 map on the go)

Having to bring out a map, spend 5 minutes trying to figure out where you are because the INS still doesn't calibrate with GPS. then plotting an approximate steerpoint on some dirt road you see 7 clicks down off to your left. Then typing that into the UFC. all while you're using valuable fuel, getting shot at by SAMs, and have enemy interceptors on your ass in 15 minutes. is not realistic in a 21st century Jet Fighter that was made to search and destroy.

In our current model of the F-16. we should get the ability to autodesignate waypoints by aiming our plane at the ground, and trough TPOD (i think). along with SOI features on the HSD for waypoint creation and manipulation, much like how the viggen does it.

airfields should also be able to be preplotted on the HSD along with some other things. but that will probably be pending the complete data cartridge system for the falcon.

Edited by Errors2149
  • Like 2

On 5/3/2021 at 10:04 PM, Errors2149 said:

Nope. early access. have to use the f10 map and have some measurement tools on your desktop.

In regards to the people going "typing in coords is realistic" no. no it's not. (edit : atleast typing in coords from f10 map on the go)

Having to bring out a map, spend 5 minutes trying to figure out where you are because the INS still doesn't calibrate with GPS. then plotting an approximate steerpoint on some dirt road you see 7 clicks down off to your left. Then typing that into the UFC. all while you're using valuable fuel, getting shot at by SAMs, and have enemy interceptors on your ass in 15 minutes. is not realistic in a 21st century Jet Fighter that was made to search and destroy.

In our current model of the F-16. we should get the ability to autodesignate waypoints by aiming our plane at the ground, and trough TPOD (i think). along with SOI features on the HSD for waypoint creation and manipulation, much like how the viggen does it.

airfields should also be able to be preplotted on the HSD along with some other things. but that will probably be pending the complete data cartridge system for the falcon.

Realistic would be something like in Viggen, few auto created cartridges and possibility to make them from F10 map or 3rd party app.

2nd thing would be like making Markpoints from Hog using TPOD, HMS, Velocity vector, or picking targets from HARM from Viper's map.

• Like 2

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Agrrregat:

Realistic would be something like in Viggen, few auto created cartridges and possibility to make them from F10 map or 3rd party app.

2nd thing would be like making Markpoints from Hog using TPOD, HMS, Velocity vector, or picking targets from HARM from Viper's map.

Besides the HARM not being able to extract markpoints, every other sensor can do markpoints. 

Just not yet implemented. Same goes with the data catridge which is just not there yet, but comparable to that of the viggen.

However, it is never a bad idea to map the keypad to the ICP... I'm used to putting in points in the ICP, and it's faster than copypasting something around somewhere.
We do that on-the-fly in multiplayer ops with AWACS or GCI calls. Even Link 16 has no clipboard.

Edited by TobiasA
  • Like 1

I think it would be a great stopgap to be able to plot out a flightplan in the F10 and import it into the viper/hornet etc, with the limitation that this has to be done on the ground.

Simply because we are still missing the mission planner for MP flights. Additionally I would appreciate an option to import txt coordinates to use waypoints out of CombatFlite.

Typing in coordinates prepared on a Mission Data Card is simple and quick, but having to switch to Laggy F10 all the time is just stupid. Especially in VR.

• Like 2

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

Does anyone know a website to convert between the different coordinates types?

AV8B / Viper / Hornet all use different formats, the Buddy Spike Blue Flag server website map has coordinates that are not compatible with the AV8B and the Viper. I figured out a way to crudely convert the coordinates but I was wondering if someone knew of a better website or method of converting between the three.

I just know that one is decimal minutes and on is decimal seconds, not sure what the third set of coordinates are called. 

1 hour ago, SmoglessPanic said:

Does anyone know a website to convert between the different coordinates types?

AV8B / Viper / Hornet all use different formats, the Buddy Spike Blue Flag server website map has coordinates that are not compatible with the AV8B and the Viper. I figured out a way to crudely convert the coordinates but I was wondering if someone knew of a better website or method of converting between the three.

I just know that one is decimal minutes and on is decimal seconds, not sure what the third set of coordinates are called. 

I think the key bind is LAlt+Y to switch coordinate formats on the F10 map. Not exactly what you asked for but it should help with finding and setting waypoints. 

• Like 1

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

19 hours ago, Machalot said:

I think the key bind is LAlt+Y to switch coordinate formats on the F10 map. Not exactly what you asked for but it should help with finding and setting waypoints. 

I can switch coordinates on the map in DCS but Blue Flag has it's onw map showing assets etc. 

http://gadget.buddyspike.net/

I want to be able to convert the coordinates from this map (if you hover over a base or Farp) to the correct format for the Viper, Hornet, and AV8B. 

I found the website below but it's not always 100% accurate. 

http://legallandconverter.com/p50.html

It's a long shot but I figured I would ask, I would like to add the converted coordinates to my kneeboard this way I can add/edit waypoints on the fly without having to look at the F10 map or the Buddy Spike / Blue Flag website gadget. 

1 hour ago, SmoglessPanic said:

I can switch coordinates on the map in DCS but Blue Flag has it's onw map showing assets etc. 

http://gadget.buddyspike.net/

I want to be able to convert the coordinates from this map (if you hover over a base or Farp) to the correct format for the Viper, Hornet, and AV8B. 

I found the website below but it's not always 100% accurate. 

http://legallandconverter.com/p50.html

It's a long shot but I figured I would ask, I would like to add the converted coordinates to my kneeboard this way I can add/edit waypoints on the fly without having to look at the F10 map or the Buddy Spike / Blue Flag website gadget. 

You can do the conversions using native functions in Excel and, I presume, Google docs spreadsheets. I would be happy to set it up for you. 

Here's an very simple spreadsheet with the formulas for conversion. No special formatting or protection, so be careful editing it. You just input whatever format you have in the relevant input box, and it produces the other two formats. 

Edit: I just realized the shared Google doc reveals my real name and there's no way to hide it, so I have converted it to an Excel file and uploaded it here.

DMS Calculator.xlsx

Edited by Machalot
protect privacy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1