Airfields for upcoming Mosquito.

dogsbody59

Yes, with the lengths that Ugra have gone to with regards Syria, and its expansion, I feel this map is seriously underwhelming.
In a 190d it doesnt take long to fly from one end to the other.
So perhaps its time we looked towards an expansion/upgrade;
The French side of the map is sparse, perhaps we could look at a few more airfields?

Saint-Inglevert Airfield home of the Jagdgeschwader 51.
Audembert Airbase (A big one) home of the Jagdgeschwader 26 'Schlageter', this was the unit of Adolf Gallant, a German fighter ace, who later that year was promoted to command the entire Jagdgeschwader.
Rely Airfield this airfield would play a major role in the Battle of Britain because of its proximity to England.
Amiens – Glisy Aerodrome Wikipedia says later, it was liberated by the British Second Army in August 1944. RAF and RNZAF de Havilland Mosquito operated from this field from August to November 1944 as the allied armies pushed west.
Saint- Valery - Vittefleur (another big one), After the Battle of France, the Germans began to rebuild and expand the airfield. Besides building hardened taxi tracks and dispersal areas, they also began construction of a single concrete runway. For the foundation they used rubble from the town of St. Valery-en-Caux. They also installed electrical lightning for night flying.
Cramont Airfield with a V-1 site built only 3 kilometers to the northwest (the runway still might be there today from pictures).
St.Pol-Bryas Airfield home of JG2.
Its very important we add german airfields too. So that if the day comes we get more german bombers, they have a home too.
Are we really only going to have just Merville and abbevile for German bombers.

• Like 10

On 4/29/2021 at 2:45 PM, StevanJ said:

[snip]

Definitely agreed!

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 3 months later...
On 4/29/2021 at 6:10 PM, dogsbody59 said:

Hi

Would it be possible to consider two new airfields for the Mosquito please? These are Gravesend and West Malling.

These two would certainly add to the immersion with this great aircraft.

Thank you.

This would be wonderful. 

• Like 1

I think, if you look at this thread here

You can see just how small the map is when compared to others.
I dont think we'll see the map left 'as is', im sure ED are going to expand the map to the North East or South East, and we'll see a vast improvement made to the amount of airfields.
Giving us a much larger scope for intense 'deep' missions.

As ive previously mentioned, Ugra have set THE standard, and from now on, anything less than the quality of Syria, just wont be acceptable.
Im very sure ED know this and there is no way they will allow a 3rd party to 'set the bar', thats just bad business.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Reflected said:

I'm gonna use Manston for my upcoming campaign. You're going to appreciate the big concrete runway when coming back from night missions 😉

This is one campaign I'm really looking forward too.

• Like 1

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Why we would not consider to request to the devs a stuff like the farp.

But as a runway visible or not that we will able to put anywhere

And the ground could become flat all along the surface

Which we could change the size as like the rectangular trigger zones.?

Maybe an idea no?

And we will be able to put any base on the map.

Edited by cromhunt
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, cromhunt said:

Why we would not consider to request to the devs a stuff like the farp.

But as a runway visible or not that we will able to put anywhere

And the ground could become flat all along the surface

Which we could change the size as like the rectangular trigger zones.?

Maybe an idea no?

And we will be able to put any base on the map.

Already made Farps.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3316175/

Well i did an attempt🤨

Mission is noway because you can't use ground power and refuel /rearm.

To do that i already made a mission with farps invisible,to make ground crew working.

The only stuff that we need in fact is something to make flat ground any where we need.🧐

By this way we will be able to put the missing bases.

And this kind of new feature could be made like the rectangular trigger zones.

Just a wish😛

3 hours ago, cromhunt said:

Well i did an attempt🤨

Mission is noway because you can't use ground power and refuel /rearm.

To do that i already made a mission with farps invisible,to make ground crew working.

The only stuff that we need in fact is something to make flat ground any where we need.🧐

By this way we will be able to put the missing bases.

And this kind of new feature could be made like the rectangular trigger zones.

Just a wish😛

Sorry, on a side note, If you can break down the issues with the mission, ill fix it for you, did you try to taxi to the resupply area?
Ive refuelled and re-armed from the resupply area. If you arent near that, then yes- youll have issues.

EDIT: Put the feedback into the user files comment section, so we can keep this post on topic. Cheers

Edited by StevanJ