Adding the 3D model of NS430 on MB-339

6S.Duke

Adding the 3D model of NS430 on MB-339  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Several aircraft on DCS World integrated this system as 3D model with possibility to use it in cockpit. How much important is it for you? Would do you like to have the possibility to use it on the MB-339? (before answering, see the first message of this pool for further details)

• Yes, I would like to have it because I only use this module for navigation.
    • Indifferent. I usually prefer to use the built-in navigation system of my aircraft, but each new feature is well accepted.
    • No, I prefer to have my aircraft without this feature.

On real MB-339s, it is possible to install the GARMIN GPS Map 495 for navigation support during transfer flights. It is installed on the Gunsight support and, due to this, the GPS Map 495 and the Gunsight cannot coexist onboard during the same flight.

DCS World reproduces the NS430 Navigation System that, although it is not equal to the GPS Map 495, it could be a good compromise. As the implementation of this module on the MB-339 would be a fictional feature, it could be useful for simmers that are unfamiliar with traditional navigation systems but they want to make long navigation flights.

What do you think about it?

Please express your point of view on this pool.

As poof of the incompatibility of the "portable" navigation system and the gunsight, I attached below a pictures of the Garmin support on a MB-339A of Al Fursan aerobatic team.

Best regards,

Duke

NOTE: the NS430 already works on MB-339 for their owners as overlay window, the 3D model inside the cockpit would give you more immersion.

31h.jpg

• Like 3

I use it occasionally on planes that do not have intergrated GPS. I voted for INDIFFERENT only because YES was formulated as "only means of navigation used" which is not my case.

I would like to remark here my "please, provide NS430 caability and cockpit intergration!" 🙂

• Like 1

Having it available in the Special Option Menu or when arming the plane would be a nice realistic bonus. 

• Like 1
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

That will broke a bit the realism of the plane, but in th end why not? Just make sure to allow enable/disable the panel in the option->special menu' and/or mission editor menu as for all other NS-430 compatible modules.

• Like 1

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

My Blog (Italian): Notti a (Video)Giocare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/29/2021 at 5:19 AM, 6S.Duke said:

On real MB-339s, it is possible to install the GARMIN GPS Map 495 for navigation support during transfer flights. It is installed on the Gunsight support and, due to this, the GPS Map 495 and the Gunsight cannot coexist onboard during the same flight.

DCS World reproduces the NS430 Navigation System that, although it is not equal to the GPS Map 495, it could be a good compromise. As the implementation of this module on the MB-339 would be a fictional feature, it could be useful for simmers that are unfamiliar with traditional navigation systems but they want to make long navigation flights.

Voted indifferent but would happily accept (and pay for) the NS430 install. The actual GARMIN GPS Map 495 is interesting and would make far more sense for most DCS aircraft as a pop up since it is a portable unit in real life. https://www.garmin.com/en-US/p/14751

• 4 months later...

I am still not clear why would you need an extra GPS system when the plane already has a very complete GPS and a nav computer.

I think its a miss allocation of resources and development time for something completely superfluous...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

En 1/6/2022 a las 0:21, Baco dijo:

I am still not clear why would you need an extra GPS system when the plane already has a very complete GPS and a nav computer.

I think its a miss allocation of resources and development time for something completely superfluous...

Because it is available in DCS and it is possible to install it in the real plane 😉

Not fundamental but a nice addition

Edited by Tusky
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

The implementation of the NS430 would be great! Especially as a training aircraft more options for navigation are very welcome. And why not add it when it is already available. I would really like to see the nav system in the MB-339 😃

"Sometimes, flying feels too God-like to be attained by man. Sometimes, the world from above seems too beautiful, too wonderful, too distant for human eyes to see."

– Charles A. Lindbergh

• 4 months later...