AFN-2

Hi guys,

These days I am starting to fly with the BF-109. I saw that there is some kind of ADF, but I didn't understand exactly how to configure it. I saw that in the ME there is a setting for the AFN-2. Exactly what frequency should I enter? The frequency of the tower would be fine, but I exclude it from that. Once the frequency has been entered and the mission started, technically it is enough to put the radio switch on ABST, but which channel should I put the switch on?

I must admit that these planes are truly fascinating ...

Thank you!

Snakeice

Little OT: Can anyone point me to a multiplayer server on Caucasus / Gulf / Syria that has warbirds? Thank you

Nemo me impune Laecessit

• 4 weeks later...

Chuck's guide pdf page 56 has the simplest description.

-AFN-2 freq must be set in Mission Editor (Kobuleti 111500 and Batumi 110300)

-Fug 16ZY switch on

-Channel II

-Select "Y-ZF"

On Mission Editor map there's white lines in rwy extension and ILS frequencies. Kobuleti 111.5 and Batumi 110.3. In game, F10 map, clicking airport will only show ILS frequencies.

Bf 109 freq in DCS are settable between 38.4M - 156M. In real life it could be set between 38.4 - 42.4 MHz. A compromise (?), there's no modern beacons using these freq., but by stretching range a little, it's usable in DCS.

I don't know how real to life it works.  Hmm I don't recognize it exactly (maybe I imagine it worked differently pre 2.7).

Distance needle horizontal. Direction needle vertical ... flips to either side depending on left or right of beacon, a beeping tone is heard synchronized with needle flip (steady tone on course). Amplitude of flip proportional to how much off course. Needle not flipping means straight on. The lamp will blink slowly on passing "outer marker"(?) and blink faster passing "inner marker"(?) (just on threshold).

Knowing the runway direction I think the trick is to fly runway direction after being centered, ie 70 degrees for Kobuleti 07.

Bf 109 homing AFN2.trk

Edited by -0303-

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))