small issue with ruler in ME 2.7

Maybe this bug was extant in earlier versions, but it I strongly noticed in the past few days when I was using the ruler tool repeatedly to get distances: the ruler works well and as expected only as long as you do not move or zoom the map. After that, you no longer can measure distances or radials unless you turn the ruler tool of and then back on. A small thing for sure, but I hope someone has the time to look into this.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Indeed, ruler became quite a bit less useful with some patch last year. After such a long time a fix for this would be really welcome. Having that fixed again will save us mission designers quite some time when editing missions.

Edited by D4n
DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

• 3 weeks later...

Ruler also when activated has some type of magnetic pull to any nearby trigger zones that are drawn.  Even if the mouse cursor is not over a Trigger zone, when using the ruler it will sometimes snap the zones and move them along with the ruler feature.  Very problematic sometimes.