Disabling Tacview = Huge FPS boost

I found out that Tacview recording degrades performance significantly proportionally to the amount of units in any given session. Has anyone noticed this? And is it something that can be made aware to RAIA Software?

Disable tac view in special options and join any multiplayer server such as Hoggit or TTI and check it out for yourself. 

• Like 6

It's a known feature of TACVIEW, i suggest you bug it with them 

• Like 3

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

On 5/1/2021 at 9:44 AM, AirborneZed said:

I found out that Tacview recording degrades performance significantly proportionally to the amount of units in any given session. Has anyone noticed this? And is it something that can be made aware to RAIA Software?

Disable tac view in special options and join any multiplayer server such as Hoggit or TTI and check it out for yourself. 

going to test. MP. went full on hot garbage recently and i’m thinking that’s when i downloaded TAC - will let you know 

I7 3770k, GTX 780ti Classified SLI, Asus Maximus Extreme V, 32GB G. Skill Sniper Gaming Series, 1500w Corsair Master Silent Pro M2 PSU, EXPC Raystorm EX280watercooling, Dell U3014 2560x1600 30in

On 5/1/2021 at 9:44 AM, AirborneZed said:

***FIXED***

Solution: Disabled TACVIEW -18-23 FPS back to 65-70 FPS in MP and DCS LIB

Edited by Kybosh
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I7 3770k, GTX 780ti Classified SLI, Asus Maximus Extreme V, 32GB G. Skill Sniper Gaming Series, 1500w Corsair Master Silent Pro M2 PSU, EXPC Raystorm EX280watercooling, Dell U3014 2560x1600 30in

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, o2r_basti said:

is there any workaround yet? tacview halfs my fps...

Simply disable tacview in game when you don't need it, also tacview developers have to fix the performance issues since it's a third party mod and there isn't any solution other than uninstalling/disabling it.

• Like 1

honestly i believe the problem is the recording of the tracks. taking away from system resources like disk or RAM or even CPU. i see a quick hesitation when i start or stop a recording of a flight. tacview only tracks telemetry so much less usage as opposed to a 4K video.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

tracks arent really videos either, they are just telemetry...

• Like 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

On 5/25/2021 at 5:58 PM, speed-of-heat said:

tracks arent really videos either, they are just telemetry...

exactly as i had stated. in some form or fashion it is taking resources that DCS needs.

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

I just tried disabling Tacview in Options-Special. It is unchecked, but still saves acmi files, and they work! Rebooted DCS and PC, double checked everything. Wtf? 1.8.6 Starter and latest OB...

12900KF@5.4, 32GB DDR4@4000cl14g1, 4090, M.2, W10 Pro, Warthog HOTAS, ButtKicker, Reverb G2/OpenXR

interesting. i took a look. when i migrated everything to a new computer, i did not install TACVIEW. i copied my Saved Games from old to new. when i looked at my ACMI files, every flight i have taken on the new rig show in the folder. hah. but i cannot look at them because i do not have TACVIEW installed.

interesting. i took a look. when i migrated everything to a new computer, i did not install TACVIEW. i copied my Saved Games from old to new. when i looked at my ACMI files, every flight i have taken on the new rig show in the folder. hah. but i cannot look at them because i do not have TACVIEW installed.
I suspect you still have tacview entries in the Export.lua file in the scripts folder inside saved games

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

found a workaround that sometimes help.

create a file in saved games->dcs open beta-> config called autoexec.cfg. works for me from time to time. couldnt find the reason why it not always working so... it normally does after a restart of my pc.

image.png

14 minutes ago, codenamepanzer said:

I guess the line "disable_write_track = true" prevent DCS from recording track files for replays, not tacview files.

correct you will still need to disable tacview 

• 6 months later...