Challenger Campaign Mission 2 - Extremely difficult due to new 2.7 clouds?

Migo

Hey everyone, I have trouble to complete the second mission of the Challenger campaign because of the new clouds. They are so low and thick that I cannot see any targets at all. I am lucky to see the ground from time to time due to some holes in the cloud layer.

I have just watched someone flying this mission before 2.7 on YouTube. It's a whole different thing there and you can actually see the ground targets which you are supposed to attack.

So my question is: Has anyone of you been able to complete this mission with the new clouds in place? Are more missions or campaigns broken/extremely difficult because of the new clouds and will they get updated? How are you handling this situation?

Best regards,

Migo

Thanks for your answer pete, but I don't think that's possible as the clouds are hanging almost as low as the trees, if not even lower. So if you penetrate the clouds you will crash into trees or the ground.

I think I have to switch to another campaign and hope to not run into the same cloud situation.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Migo said:

Thanks for your answer pete, but I don't think that's possible as the clouds are hanging almost as low as the trees, if not even lower. So if you penetrate the clouds you will crash into trees or the ground.

I think I have to switch to another campaign and hope to not run into the same cloud situation.

clouds  should  not  be  that  low  any  way,  not  at  tree  level:)

I have noticed clouds are much lower in 2.7 as well.

• Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

On 5/2/2021 at 2:14 PM, Migo said:

I tried it also, the campaign needs update for new weather effects; if you watch the original intended weather on mission 2 on yt for example it's totally clear - some clouds, but not a foggy mess where you should do CCIP... impossible.

Edited by Docsnuggles

Hey Migo!

I don't have the Challenger campaign, so I might be saying some stupid, but... have you tried with ground radar and JDAMs? You should be able to change your loadout, don't know if you can pick the targets up with A2G radar, but maybe it's worth a try. Otherwise, the only other solution I see, right now, is to edit the mission file and change the weather (yeah, new clouds broke a lot of missions/campaigns).

This is the same deal with countless other campaigns.  I keep saying this, but it seems like ED needs to change something on their end so that weather settings are being displayed as intended in 2.7.  It shouldn't be that every single campaign creator has to go back and change all of this stuff.

• Like 1

You can always go into the mission editor, open the pre-2.7 missions and campaign missions, change the weather setting to something other than "Nothing", resave it and you will be set.  That is what I have been doing rather than waiting for all the various mission makers and ED to do it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I managed to solve this. I moved this mission from Campaign to Mission folder where I could edit it in ME. There I changed cloud preset for Broken 4 (I like this one). Then I put this file back to campaign folder and now clouds don't look like a fog on the ground only like clouds. 🙂 And finally I can pass this mission 🙂

• 3 weeks later...

I was gonna make a post about this, 
I watched several videoes of the mission on youtube, and the clouds are just fine, but there the carrier starts inside a cloud, and even when I tried to duck under it for the bombings mission, it was impossible, I was at like 250 feet, I could spot the red smoke, but that was it, and at that level I would hit any bumb in the terrain. So I gave up.

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Low level cloud… is a thing… and can have a practical base as low as 0 feet

… 

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/learn-about/weather/types-of-weather/clouds/low-level-clouds/stratus

that said, it does make some missions a right pain.

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg