Heatblur Update - Supersize Me & Public Roadmap

Two more modules other than the A-6, uh...if I had to guess, the one with the "2022" tag is the Draken (or riot!) because it's going to be simpler to code than the A-6. The third one is anyone's guess though!

• Like 4

So glad to see that the AI Draken is still on the RoadMap 👍 .. love to see Heatblur still going strong, I have purchased every single one of your DCS products (including the MiG-21) and will continue to do so in the future. Wish you the best. :thumbup:

• Like 16

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

#LONGLIVE_HEATBLUR ;D

*Photo credit:

Top. My own screenshot: Tomcat over Nevada | Heatblur F-14B | VF-31 Tomcatters.

Bottom. Playseat from wife; bottom panel with personalized and trimmed vinyl stickers representing GE F110, PW TF-30, Grumman Aerospace Corporation, VF-31 Tomcatters, and the iconic F-14.

U45c8EC.png

IMG_20210501_191406422~2.jpg

Edited by Pally
  • Like 4

Good stuff and great to see that you guys are taking the needed steps for a bright future ahead. The mention of the two new jets planned or in the works does indeed spark the interest in most I would say. 😄 I'll be the first to say it here but bet is a naval F-4 and perhaps an F-111.

Needless to say I can't wair for the Forrestal and judging by what is mentioned in the roadmap will USS Saratoga be included as well since it won't require large adaptations or re-modeling?

• Like 1

You guys have got some good stuff going on. The Forrestals will be nice to have, my father served on the USS Ranger(CV-61) from '63-'66 so I'm hoping she might be one of the options(edit: just noticed the Ranger is going to be one of the variants according to the Variants roadmap tile, awesome!). I'm definitely looking forward to snagging the A-6E as well, going to have a lot of fun flying it.
Those two additional flyable aircraft panels on the roadmap has me curious as hell. Whatever they are though, I bet they're going to be great.

Also, more music from Meteor is always a good thing. He makes some damn fine music.

All in all, keep it up Heatblur! I've been very satisfied with your products, here's to more of that to come.

Edited by PiratexCore
Noticed the Ranger is going to be one of the variants down the line
  • Like 5

Purchased: FC3 | CA | M2000C | F-5E | C-101 | Mig-21bis | AV-8B NA | L-39 | F-14 | UH-1H | Mi-24P | F-16C | F/A-18C | F1 | MB-339 | F-4E

Maps: Caucasus | Persian Gulf | Syria | Marianas

Comp Specs: i7 13700k, 32gb 3200mhz DDR4, RTX 2070 Super 8gb, 2tb P5 Plus NVME

Peripherals: Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle

I've got to hand it to you guys.  You've never failed to surprise me.

Admittedly, I've been away from the forums for a bit, but I was under the impression that only one early F-14A was being delivered.  Now, I return and discover that, not only are we getting the -135, but it seems that at some point you've also decided to give us the -95 as well!

And...

When you first told us way back when that you were working on an aircraft other than the F-14, and then announced the A-6 as a flyable module sometime down the road, I thought, "Ok, that follows.  It will dovetail nicely with the Tomcat and the Forrestal carrier."  Now it appears you're building ANOTHER toy for our amusement.  My imagination is swimming with what it could possibly be.

Well done, Heatblur.  I salute you.

• Like 4

Can't pretend fly as well as you can.

Hmm... an aircraft that is secret, but apparently going to ship in 2022.... hmm... with a year and a half to get that one out the door, I would have to assume that either A: it's something that we already know they can work on, such as a variation of the Viggen (such as the Air-to-Air or Recon versions) or the Super Tomcat, or B: it's something completely new that they've been keeping very close to the chest for a while. I'm going to lean on the former, since they have the external assets for the most part, and are already working to improve those modules. As for what they could be working on in secret, well, let's look at the evidence:

1. They developed an AI that can work the rear-seat controls in the F-14

2. They seem to have a thing for carrier based, or short-take-off (and very short-stopping) capable jets

3. They're developing the Forestall, and her sisters, which are Vietnam era carriers that saw service well into the 80s and 90s.

Those three things, along with the fact that ED has stated that they are not going to work on it, leads me to think that they may be developing an F-4 variant of some sort. If I'm wrong, I'll own it, but the evidence is strong that they're working on something that's at least a two-seater, and there aren't that many out there.

• Like 2

No word on the arcadish trap-model physics?.....it's not on the roadmap anymore?

Forget about the A-6 if it's going to glue itself on traps like the F-14!

• Like 4

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

So happy that you have not forgotten about the AI Draken. Of course I will always hope for a full fidelity release of that plane.
*nudges Heatblur with a very long stick*

Also, Dynamic numbers for the Viggen will be a godsend. I did not look forward to having to include eight different skins in my next Viggen Campaign Project.

• Like 6

signature.png

1 minute ago, JonathanRL said:

So happy that you have not forgotten about the AI Draken. Of course I will always hope for a full fidelity release of that plane.
*nudges Heatblur with a very long stick*

Also, Dynamic numbers for the Viggen will be a godsend. I did not look forward to having to include eight different skins in my next Viggen Campaign Project.

funnily enough, I prefer doing that with my skins, since they tend to have something unique about them anyway, for example:

20210430162035_1.jpg

Note my Tomcat in the lead (BN916), with a anthro dragon on the nose. My wingman has my units 'base' skin, and will eventually get his own.

Thanks for the update guys - hearing that you've doubled the size of the studio is incredible news. You guys have the reputation for being the best third party dev for DCS, and it looks like it's set to continue. And thank you for the hundreds of hours of utter pleasure that I've had in the Tomcat. ❤️

1 hour ago, CoBlue said:

No word on the arcadish trap-model physics?.....it's not on the roadmap anymore?

Forget about the A-6 if it's going to glue itself on traps like the F-14!

I would love to see this improved too, but it feels like there's some showstopper of an issue HB hasn't made public that hasn't made more realistic traps possible. 

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

Great move, thank you!

|AMD 7800x3D | 64GB DDR5-3600| GTX 4090 | Virpil Stick, Collectiv, WW MIP, WW Throttle, MFG Crosswind V2 | Windows 11 64-bit | SSD Samsung | 4K LG Oled 48 | Oculus Q3 | Simlab based Cockpit

Thanks for the detailed roadmap.
Sadly no dynamic numbers for the F-14.
1 GB of SDD for 5 liveries with different modex. 1 GB sharing almost all files!

Interesting two. New aircrafts in the oven...

1. J35J Draken
2. F-4J Phantom II

Sent from my Moto G (5S) using Tapatalk

• Like 1

:megalol:

22 hours ago, Skysurfer said:

Needless to say I can't wair for the Forrestal and judging by what is mentioned in the roadmap will USS Saratoga be included as well since it won't require large adaptations or re-modeling?

In the roadmap it said that all 4 of them are coming, with the Forrestal and Saratoga coming first, and Independence and Ranger coming later in the more distant future.

We will introduce the USS Saratoga (CV-60) as a variant to the Forrestal class carriers with the further two (Independence & Ranger) requiring larger reworks and relegated to the more distant future.

15 hours ago, Sonoda Umi said:

Off topic:

I saw "DCS Next-Generation Jet" on your roadmap.

I would be extremely happy if you decided to develop DCS F/A-18F Rhino(Block 1) some day! 

I doubt anyone will introduce a aircraft that will make ED's Hornet basically obsolete. 

As for the next modules, I'm really hoping for an F-4J/S or an F-111F.

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 7

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

phantom ?

• Like 6

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

So best guesses for the two next gen jets?

It's got to be something relatively well known and popular with a certain 'Heatblur' character that we know from the Tomcat and Viggen. All the while not stepping on ED's or other 3rd parties toes. I.e. it's probably not going to be another clinical 4th gen MFD driven jet. The list to guess from is likely not huge.....

My guesses in order of likelihood:

1) F-4S/J

2) F-111A/E/F

3) Tornado Gr.1

4) F-14B(U) or D (maybe they found the docs they need)

5) Buccaneer S.2

6) Jaguar Gr.1 / 1a

• Like 3