Heatblur Update - Supersize Me & Public Roadmap

38 minutes ago, AvroLanc said:

So best guesses for the two next gen jets?

It's got to be something relatively well known and popular with a certain 'Heatblur' character that we know from the Tomcat and Viggen. All the while not stepping on ED's or other 3rd parties toes. I.e. it's probably not going to be another clinical 4th gen MFD driven jet. The list to guess from is likely not huge.....

My guesses in order of likelihood:

1) F-4S/J

2) F-111A/E/F

3) Tornado Gr.1

4) F-14B(U) or D (maybe they found the docs they need)

5) Buccaneer S.2

6) Jaguar Gr.1 / 1a

I'm personally hoping for a Phantom II (best bet is probably the F-4J or F-4S) and the F-111F circa mid 80s to early 90s, and I think they are the most likely candidates.

I'd like every one of the British aircraft you mentioned, but the problem with them is that the British are notorious for restricting and classifying information, even on systems that are out of service (by decades) and superseded (often several times).

Out of all of them, I'm most interested in stuff from the early 80s, to the early/mid 90s.

As for the F-14B(U) or D, if it was a separate module, it would kinda be an own goal for the current HB Tomcat, so I don't think it's likely.

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 2

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

I too am hoping for the F-14D, but know it's a long shot.

The F-4J/S makes a lot of sense but also let's not forget the upcoming WWII Pacific Theater.  I think a Heatblur Hellcat would be incredible!

• Like 3

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

14 minutes ago, Northstar98 said:

I'm personally hoping for a Phantom II (best bet is probably the F-4J or F-4S) and the F-111F circa mid 80s to early 90s, and I think they are the most likely candidates.

I'd like every one of the British aircraft you mentioned, but the problem with them is that the British are notorious for restricting and classifying information, even on systems that are out of service (by decades) and superseded (often several times).

Out of all of them, I'm most interested in stuff from the early 80s, to the early/mid 90s.

As for the F-14B(U) or D, if it was a separate module, it would kinda be an own goal for the current HB Tomcat, so I don't think it's likely.

Personally I think the F-111 has Heatblur written all over it;

Swing wing - check

TF30 Engines - check

Multicrew / WSO AI - check

Awesome cold war era low level attack i.e A-6 / Viggen - check check

If I were Cobra it would be an absolute no brainer......easiest and most obvious dev decision ever.

If you book an appointment and pop along to the RAF Musuem at Hendon, you can find quite detailed flight manual's that describe early Jaguar and Tornado avionics in depth. Buccaneer weapons manuals are available online. Just saying.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, AvroLanc said:

Personally I think the F-111 has Heatblur written all over it;

Swing wing - check

TF30 Engines - check

Multicrew / WSO AI - check

Awesome cold war era low level attack i.e A-6 / Viggen - check check

If I were Cobra it would be an absolute no brainer......easiest and most obvious dev decision ever.

I could not agree more. Just so long as its feasible.

10 minutes ago, AvroLanc said:

If you book an appointment and pop along to the RAF Musuem at Hendon, you can find quite detailed flight manual's that describe early Jaguar and Tornado avionics in depth.

Buccaneer weapons manuals are available online. Just saying.

The RWR, RADAR and ECM equipment AFAIK is more of a hurdle here (even for the RAZBAM FRS.1, the RADAR is still restricted). But if that isn't the case, then yes, I would love to see them.

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

@N0430BMUnfortunately HB don't and won't have access to the F-14D's manuals so it won't happen at this time. The US government isn't going to release a bunch of info that could potentially allow a certain operator to upgrade their aged F-14A's. I'd love to see it too but it's not a realistic desire at this stage.

• Like 1

My money is on a naval F-4. It makes sense for the following reasons:

• HB will release Forrestal class carriers, an AI A-6 followed by a fully flyable module and an AI KA-6;
  • FlyingIron will release a flyable A-7;
  • Leatherneck a flyable F-8;
  • we already have the F-14 and AI E-2 & S-3

The F-4 is the missing piece to simulate a comprehensive Forrestal air group in the 60s and 70s.

i am not completely comfortable with them calling it a next gen fighter jet though, this would indicate their next flyable module would  render an aircraft more recent than the F-14B.

in this case, the possibilities are pretty limited since we need to exclude last gen aircraft for lack to accessible data:

• Tornado GR.1 (1990s version)
  • Some late version of the F-111
  • JA-37 
  • F-14D or an early version of the Rafale or Gripen (very unlikely)
  • Late version of the F-4 like Kurnass 2000 or japanese EJ (very unlikely)

Edited by Leviathan667
  • Like 4

Wishlist: Tornado ADV/IDS, Blackburn Buccaneer, Super Mystère B2, Saab J 35 Draken,

55 minutes ago, Northstar98 said:

I could not agree more. Just so long as its feasible.

The RWR, RADAR and ECM equipment AFAIK is more of a hurdle here (even for the RAZBAM FRS.1, the RADAR is still restricted). But if that isn't the case, then yes, I would love to see them.

OK agree. RWR in particular could be a hurdle. Current DCS ECM can/will be hugely simplified anyway, and the RADAR could be guesstimated based on known capabilities and the video evidence out there. Although the modes and actual presentation on the NAV's radar display are all detailed in the available manuals. 

11 minutes ago, AvroLanc said:

OK agree. RWR in particular could be a hurdle. Current DCS ECM can/will be hugely simplified anyway.

Yeah, it's mostly the EW stuff that's a pain in the backside - AFAIK even the Vulcan's EW suite is classified despite that being an aircraft that was retired in the early 80s.

As for ECM being simplified, true - though it's much more preferable to actually have something with higher fidelity, even if it's baby steps. Unfortunately I would've thought it would mandate an update to basically every RADAR in DCS, especially with regards to multiple target repeaters.

The Hornet has taken a fairly decent step forward with its track breaking DECM system modelled (though pretty sure we should be using the ALQ-162), though it's still early steps.

RADAR could be guesstimated based on known capabilities and the video evidence out there.

I guess you could, though it's hardly ideal.

Although the modes and actual presentation on the NAV's radar display are all detailed in the available manuals. 

Hmm, it's looking to be more feasible than I thought.

System:

Next Gen = Gripen. 

A developer that made the Viggen and is in the process of delivering an AI Draken. Eurofighter is already "taken", and 6th gen is way too arcadey due to the utter lack of useful unclassfied information. Seems like a no-brainer.

Super Hornet is too close to ED's product.

Edit: Rafale could be a possibility, but given that HB seems to be very, err" Ikeaphile", I doubt that. 😄 😄 

Edited by Jayhawk1971
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Tank50us said:

funnily enough, I prefer doing that with my skins, since they tend to have something unique about them anyway, for example:

20210430162035_1.jpg

Note my Tomcat in the lead (BN916), with a anthro dragon on the nose. My wingman has my units 'base' skin, and will eventually get his own.

For a Campaign Maker, having to include 8 different skins when the planes otherwise look pretty much the same is alas not feasible.

signature.png

1 minute ago, JonathanRL said:

For a Campaign Maker, having to include 8 different skins when the planes otherwise look pretty much the same is alas not feasible.

How so? I'm legit curious, because I haven't run into that issue.

It is obviously draken and a6. 

so no need to hope something else

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Couple things to add, guys, since you asked:

Tarps and improved trap model are of course coming, we simply forgot to add them to the roadmap.

Small items and bugs will not be listed there, in general: the roadmap gives an overview of the most prominent and important features and improvements. So if some minor fix is missing, this does not mean that we are not working on it.

Lastly: "Next Gen" means next generation of Heatblur module, rather then a next generation of fighter jet. I can see how this wording is a bit misleading. They will be fighters though, that is all we will admit for now. 😛

Thank you for all your feedback, as always.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 4

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

1 minute ago, IronMike said:

Lastly: "Next Gen" means next generation of Heatblur module, rather then a next generation of fighter jet. I can see how this wording is a bit misleading. They will be fighters though, that is all we will admit for now. 😛

Very good to hear Aleks 

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

vor 8 Minuten schrieb IronMike:

So, will the "next gen soundtrack" be more "All along the Watchtower" or "Waterloo"-inspired? 😉

19 minutes ago, Jayhawk1971 said:

So, will the "next gen soundtrack" be more "All along the Watchtower" or "Waterloo"-inspired? 😉

No idea, but this is a great song for sundays. 😆

• Like 9

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Excellent! The AI J-35J Draken is still on the roadmap.  😍

The Draken is the only thing of interest to me from the list (given that we've hardly idea about the "next-gen HB module"). And hopefully that AI Draken will be converted to a flyable module one day.

• Like 4