Heatblur Update - Supersize Me & Public Roadmap

If the ac/dc video is really a hint it’s either “Thunder chief”  a very common misrepresentation of the lyrics or a model that was adopted for the war because it was “dirt cheap “ to produce or adapt.  Anything like that during the Vietnam era?
As for the F4. It may not be on everyone’s number 1 list but it absolutely is on everyone’s list somewhere in the top 3 so If they don’t, they’re dumb!!! 
An F4 would actually bring me back to flying. Still parked waiting for this 2.7/ VR/ 3090 nonsense to pass before I re engage!! 
F4 damn it!!!!  

Edited by Mr. Big.Biggs
  • Like 2

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

On 5/2/2021 at 1:12 AM, Cobra847 said:

we embark on a broad and ambitious roadmap, which includes three high fidelity DCS modules currently in development.

A-6E, F-111F and Tornado IDS confirmed. Sorry, no Half-Life 3 yet! dealwithit.png

• Like 1

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

F'sake, just deleted the important bit. Briefly: 

Thanks for the update @IronMike, and good luck to you and all at the new enlarged Heatblur. Maintaining focus and attention to detail, those hallmarks of HB modules, will be difficult; but the potential gains will be felt (and should be loudly praised) by the community. Each HB release raises the bar for immersion in a combat flight sim, and I look forward to seeing that trend continue over a long and profitable future.

Nicely done on the roadmap - clear, informative and plenty of pretty pictures 🙂

10 hours ago, Northstar98 said:

...even the Vulcan's EW suite is classified...

Well, it is the only EW suite to have successfully and comprehensively defeated US air defences. Twice from two attempts, sadly never invited back to make it a hat-trick...

Nah, I've only just met 'er...:pilotfly:

Heatblur... Viggen (Saab), F-14 and A-6 (Grumman)... Next Gen Fighter...

DCS GRIPEN C CONFIRMED!

• Like 4

Computer: Potato

Modules: FC3 | M2000C | A/V8B | Viggen | F-5E | F-14B | F-16C | F/A-18 | A-10C | Supercarrier :mad::mad: | UH-1 | MI-8 | Gazelle | KA-50

Good to see the current modules become complete, or at least out of their Early Access periods before firing the drafting tables up for the flyable A-6 plus two more now, as well as back to the original 4 carrier plans, just spread out over time/modules...thank you for the Saratoga in advance, last two models a SC-style paid DLC perhaps, with more era styling?

• Like 1

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

14 hours ago, N0430BM said:

The F-4J/S makes a lot of sense but also let's not forget the upcoming WWII Pacific Theater.  I think a Heatblur Hellcat would be incredible!

Nick Grey would like to have a chat with you... (he basically "announced" it already in an interview, think it was the GR one) dealwithit.png

11 hours ago, IronMike said:

Lastly: "Next Gen" means next generation of Heatblur module, rather then a next generation of fighter jet. I can see how this wording is a bit misleading. They will be fighters though, that is all we will admit for now. 😛

Expected that "next gen" thing to be something related to your workflow, tech and stuff. I wasn't wrong.

Will they be fighters or "fighters"? rainbowdashwink.png (thinking things like 111 or 117 here)

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Oooh, speculations. I'll have a seat here please.

1443279159_IMAG0469.jpg

• Like 3

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Great HB!

Love the work you guys do and looking really forward to the future.

My guess next to the A6E we will see the Saab JAS39 Gripen A or C and i hope either the PANAVIA Tornado or the SEPECAT Jaguar

g8PjVMw.png

My hope for the next Heatblur module is the F-4... Why?

Although "Next Generation" could also indicate a new 4th Gen aircraft, such as potentially a Saab Gripen (given their Viggen module) or even the Draken (in which case "Next Generation", considering the aircraft already in DCS, makes less sense), I believe "Next Generation" in this instance refers to the technology, scope and ambition required of their next module. Considering the initial "Cold War" influence on aircraft developed for DCS, I fear the continual push for the addition of bleeding edge (with the last 2-3 decades) aircraft will adversely affect development of period-relevant aircraft (IMHO) as users demand more and more complex/capable (read: long range fire and forget guided weapons capability) aircraft.

Heatblur already have set a precedence toward multi-variant modules with their F-14. This could, at least in theory, be applied to the A-6 (flyable KA-6, perhaps? Or potentially an EA-6 to evolve DCS World's EW capabilities - though unlikely) as well as the F-4. The F-4 is too iconic to just do *one* variant. You *need* one of the gunless variants for carrier operations (an F-4N/S) - which could, coincidentally, operate off of Forrestal-class carriers. However the F-4E is just as, if not more so, iconic and utilised by multiple air forces around the world - and satisfies land-based aviation. A doubtful, but completely welcome addition would be an F-4K and/or F-4M.

The reason I consistently focus on the addition of the F-4K/M (Phantom FG.1/FGR.2) is that despite being one of, if not the most, famous air forces *in the world*, the RAF (and by extension the Royal Navy's Fleet Air Arm) is woefully under-represented in DCS with almost no Cold-War era (or even jet-powered) airframes (AI or otherwise) either being developed (aside from True Grit's Eurofighter Typhoon which will be focused on the German variant initially, and the English Electric Lightning in development by RAZBAM, both of which are still a long way off), released or active in DCS. It would also (with a suitable RN carrier - aka the HMS Ark Royal) tie in very well with the South Atlantic map being developed by RAZBAM. (Caveat: I am not from the UK so I have no particularly loyalty to the British Armed Forces - so this is not a "My armed forces is better than yours" argument, just an - I feel accurate - observation). While the EE Lightning (from a "rival" 3rd Party) is a step in the right direction, given the similarities between airframes (while there are obvious differences), if Heatblur were to invest time and energy into an F-4 module, it would take less time and energy to develop an F-4K/M module based on the development of the "American" modules. Where it would likely fall down is the UK MODs almost-Kremlin-levels of secrecy and unwillingness to declassify, or cooperate in providing, the required military information regarding the UK-specific F-4s and their weapons (mainly the Sky Flash MR SARH AAM).

Heatblur also have experience with two-seat aircraft and AI assistance (again, F-14) however the Jester AI could also, at least theoretically, be adapted to other Heatblur multi-crew modules (such as the A-6 and a potential F-4 module - both of which *require* a backseater, AI or otherwise). Seeing as Jester is their technology, and they've already invested the time and effort into developing an AI "backseater", they could quite easily have cornered the market on AI assistants - which currently is clear as RAZBAM have indicated they are not, and will not, develop an AI WSO for the F-15E Strike Eagle module (which then also leaves the IA-58 Pucara in question as it is also a two-seater). Unless ED's Petrovich can be adapted to be a "plug and play" backseater for any two-seat aircraft module (including the C-101 and L-39, as examples), Heatblur may have a literal ace up their sleeve when it comes to 2 (or even more) seater aircraft.

Even if my above rambling is merely a link-chart of crazy, I look forward to Heatblur's future. I'm looking forward to my VF-1 Wolfpack livery to match my T-Shirt from when F-14 first released... And facing off against (or perhaps being) an Iranian Tomcat over Bandar Abbas...

Edited by cailean_556
  • Like 4

Well, the F-4 is pretty much on the top of many wish lists. Doesn't ED already have the F-4 started? It was on their roadmap a couple years ago and then put on hold. I remember it being the Cobra and F-4 which short term became the Apache and Hind. Love these speculative threads!

Edited by Fusedspine33
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, cailean_556 said:

My hope for the next Heatblur module is the F-4... Why?

Although "Next Generation" could also indicate a new 4th Gen aircraft, such as potentially a Saab Gripen (given their Viggen module) or even the Draken (in which case "Next Generation", considering the aircraft already in DCS, makes less sense), I believe "Next Generation" in this instance refers to the technology, scope and ambition required of their next module. Considering the initial "Cold War" influence on aircraft developed for DCS, I fear the continual push for the addition of bleeding edge (with the last 2-3 decades) aircraft will adversely affect development of period-relevant aircraft (IMHO) as users demand more and more complex/capable (read: long range fire and forget guided weapons capability) aircraft.

Heatblur already have set a precedence toward multi-variant modules with their F-14. This could, at least in theory, be applied to the A-6 (flyable KA-6, perhaps? Or potentially an EA-6 to evolve DCS World's EW capabilities - though unlikely) as well as the F-4. The F-4 is too iconic to just do *one* variant. You *need* one of the gunless variants for carrier operations (an F-4N/S) - which could, coincidentally, operate off of Forrestal-class carriers. However the F-4E is just as, if not more so, iconic and utilised by multiple air forces around the world - and satisfies land-based aviation. A doubtful, but completely welcome addition would be an F-4K and/or F-4M.

The reason I consistently focus on the addition of the F-4K/M (Phantom FG.1/FGR.2) is that despite being one of, if not the most, famous air forces *in the world*, the RAF (and by extension the Royal Navy's Fleet Air Arm) is woefully under-represented in DCS with almost no Cold-War era (or even jet-powered) airframes (AI or otherwise) either being developed (aside from True Grit's Eurofighter Typhoon which will be focused on the German variant initially, and the English Electric Lightning in development by RAZBAM, both of which are still a long way off), released or active in DCS. It would also (with a suitable RN carrier - aka the HMS Ark Royal) tie in very well with the South Atlantic map being developed by RAZBAM. (Caveat: I am not from the UK so I have no particularly loyalty to the British Armed Forces - so this is not a "My armed forces is better than yours" argument, just an - I feel accurate - observation). While the EE Lightning (from a "rival" 3rd Party) is a step in the right direction, given the similarities between airframes (while there are obvious differences), if Heatblur were to invest time and energy into an F-4 module, it would take less time and energy to develop an F-4K/M module based on the development of the "American" modules. Where it would likely fall down is the UK MODs almost-Kremlin-levels of secrecy and unwillingness to declassify, or cooperate in providing, the required military information regarding the UK-specific F-4s and their weapons (mainly the Sky Flash MR SARH AAM).

Heatblur also have experience with two-seat aircraft and AI assistance (again, F-14) however the Jester AI could also, at least theoretically, be adapted to other Heatblur multi-crew modules (such as the A-6 and a potential F-4 module - both of which *require* a backseater, AI or otherwise). Seeing as Jester is their technology, and they've already invested the time and effort into developing an AI "backseater", they could quite easily have cornered the market on AI assistants - which currently is clear as RAZBAM have indicated they are not, and will not, develop an AI WSO for the F-15E Strike Eagle module (which then also leaves the IA-58 Pucara in question as it is also a two-seater). Unless ED's Petrovich can be adapted to be a "plug and play" backseater for any two-seat aircraft module (including the C-101 and L-39, as examples), Heatblur may have a literal ace up their sleeve when it comes to 2 (or even more) seater aircraft.

Even if my above rambling is merely a link-chart of crazy, I look forward to Heatblur's future. I'm looking forward to my VF-1 Wolfpack livery to match my T-Shirt from when F-14 first released... And facing off against (or perhaps being) an Iranian Tomcat over Bandar Abbas...

There is one other aircraft that is already in DCS that is technically British, the AV-8B Harrier. Plus the Sea Harrier FRS.1 is also in the pipeline by RAZBAM to go along with the upcoming Falklands map. But I do understand what you are trying to say through. There is little British representation in DCS at the moment. But slowing but surly they will come. From what I understand the RAF F-4 differ significantly to the other American and export versions. So I can understand why it would be good for another 3rd party to do those.

I for one would like to see a Blackburn Buckaneer. It was the last combat aircraft engineered and built entirely by the British.

Blackburn-Buccaneer.jpg

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Badger1-1 said:

Whats holding you from telling us what the next modules will be?

Honest question I really would like to know

Several things, Badger. For one we do not want to raise your hype too early, the A6 for example was an extremely early announcement by exception, simply because you all are very clever, can piece one and two together and we thought it wouldn't be fair to take you for fools. But otherwise, a lot of things can happen between the very start of development and the announcement: you can potentially run into issues that simply make the project impossible, whatever nature they are, be it lack of information or technical difficulties, and I mean that in the most general way. None of it is expected, of course, but not to account for it anyway, would be simply not prudent. Then, imagine you had something announcend, folks are looking forward to it and you would have to spill the news: nah, sorry, ain't happening. Again, this situation is extremely unlikely, but still, best not to challenge fate, so to speak. The other reason is breathing room: we can work more calmly on stuff, if it is not yet fully in the interest of your eye. While we do appreciate the attention we get, it can get distracting sometimes, simply because there is so much passion in the community. So it is much easier to present certain things in a state that is, well, presentable, than to invite everyone indirectly to form wishes for themselves, which ultimately, again, might get disappointed. And lastly, also to allow ourselves to prepare for a proper reveal, for a good marketing strategy and again, for a presentable entry of a new product into the customer's attention. Not only so we can sell more (which ofc would be dishonest to claim that it isn't a goal at all, every business needs to keep that in mind), but also that you have less wait and more enjoyment during the time from reveal to release. In short, we also try to manage the customer experience, and maybe, as a cherry on top, it is also a fun time of guessing and speculating and in a way we get to know each other better, we see what you dream of, what appeals to you, what you hope for. Things we very much like to see, in order to remember them at a later point maybe, when the time is ripe and fresh for new ideas again. 🙂 I hope that makes sense.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 10

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

25 minutes ago, IronMike said:

Several things, Badger. For one we do not want to raise your hype too early, the A6 for example was an extremely early announcement by exception, simply because you all are very clever, can piece one and two together and we thought it wouldn't be fair to take you for fools. But otherwise, a lot of things can happen between the very start of development and the announcement: you can potentially run into issues that simply make the project impossible, whatever nature they are, be it lack of information or technical difficulties, and I mean that in the most general way. None of it is expected, of course, but not to account for it anyway, would be simply not prudent. Then, imagine you had something announcend, folks are looking forward to it and you would have to spill the news: nah, sorry, ain't happening. Again, this situation is extremely unlikely, but still, best not to challenge fate, so to speak. The other reason is breathing room: we can work more calmly on stuff, if it is not yet fully in the interest of your eye. While we do appreciate the attention we get, it can get distracting sometimes, simply because there is so much passion in the community. So it is much easier to present certain things in a state that is, well, presentable, than to invite everyone indirectly to form wishes for themselves, which ultimately, again, might get disappointed. And lastly, also to allow ourselves to prepare for a proper reveal, for a good marketing strategy and again, for a presentable entry of a new product into the customer's attention. Not only so we can sell more (which ofc would be dishonest to claim that it isn't a goal at all, every business needs to keep that in mind), but also that you have less wait and more enjoyment during the time from reveal to release. In short, we also try to manage the customer experience, and maybe, as a cherry on top, it is also a fun time of guessing and speculating and in a way we get to know each other better, we see what you dream of, what appeals to you, what you hope for. Things we very much like to see, in order to remember them at a later point maybe, when the time is ripe and fresh for new ideas again. 🙂 I hope that makes sense.

Man... a very honest answer, thank you... thats why I love Heatblur...

• Like 5

Computer: Potato

Modules: FC3 | M2000C | A/V8B | Viggen | F-5E | F-14B | F-16C | F/A-18 | A-10C | Supercarrier :mad::mad: | UH-1 | MI-8 | Gazelle | KA-50

1 hour ago, Evoman said:

It was the last combat aircraft engineered and built entirely by the British.

Blackburn-Buccaneer.jpg

Great pic. Man I would want a Buccaneer so much. It's probably too British and esoteric for the majority of US and European customers though. At least all the work on 'JESTER' LANTIRN would be put to good use on AI 'NIGEL's' PAVE SPIKE features....

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'm listening to the Meteor Soundtrack currently and just want to say Thank You for the F-14A/B (Jester Lantirn:) ). In my opinion the best Module in this Simulator. Absolutly sexy. Thanks for the great Work you all have done. I also have the Viggen, but i can only read english, hopefully there will be an official mod by you guys, if not I'll learn it somehow in another way. Also i like the style of your Roadmap, short and midtime is keepin it clear, what will happen next time. Very Good Job overall !

A satisfied Customer.

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 64GB DDR4-3600 MHz, Gigabyte Aorus Pro-P B550M, Zotac RTX 3090, Varjo Aero

I love the update, but some feedback on the presentation: while I think using boards is great (I use Trello all the time as a Software Dev), the presentation here isn't really that great. I get that this is supposed to be a public facing thing and you probably want to keep it simple and easy to understand, but I think a kanban board with "Planned", "In Development", "Released", and then maybe color coded by what product (AJS-37, F-14, Sekret Module, DCS Core, etc) would have been better. Not trying to complain too much, always appreciate the update posts, but wanted to throw in my 2¢.

• Like 1

Modules: FC3, A-10C, M2000C, MiG-21bis, F-86F, AV-8B NA, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, F-16C, F-15E, F-4E, A-29, Eurofighter Typhoon, A-6E, MiG-23MLA, Nevada, Persian Gulf, South Atlantic, Syria, Afghanistan

Specs: Intel i7 2600K, Nvidea GTX 980, 16GB RAM, NVMe SSD, Saitek X-55, TrackIR 5, Samsung Odyssey VR

3 hours ago, IronMike said:

Awesome thanks. 

I wish some other Devs would see it the same way....

• Like 2

Good explanation. Im my case, Unless you go way off the reservation, I will buy Phantoms, Jaguars, Avdarks or Drakens...

I leave it to you to decide when t to make them happen 😉 😛

• Like 1

I would pay full price for an F-14D just throwing it out there lol.
F-4 would be amazing and a day 1 purchase.
I wouldn't buy the Gripen, haven't bought the Viggen.
Not sure about the A-6, will have to see when the time comes.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1