Heatblur Update - Supersize Me & Public Roadmap

11 minutes ago, Skysurfer said:

Personally, I would *really* hope to see the Tomcat and Viggen both leave EA this year and tick all the marks as well as fix most major reported bugs and issues. There are still long ways to go with those modules before we even start talking about yet another in-house aircraft, no matter how shiny or highly demanded it might be.

I think Heatblur have commented frequently that this is exactly the plan that they are following. Only at the end of the early access period of the Tomcat and the Viggen will they consider releasing another module into early access. Just remember, that even when out of EA, this does not mean that the modules will be completely bug free. 

• Like 1

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

6 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I think Heatblur have commented frequently that this is exactly the plan that they are following. Only at the end of the early access period of the Tomcat and the Viggen will they consider releasing another module into early access. Just remember, that even when out of EA, this does not mean that the modules will be completely bug free. 

Have Heatblur ever stuck to what they said in the past? I wouldn't be surprised if that new fancy Typhoon model is the reason why the Forrestal is delayed and Tomcat is still missing textures to this day. I'm not expecting a completely bug free module, that does not exist but there are various WIP areas rn. which they have aknowledged and features that are on the list. 

33 minutes ago, Skysurfer said:

Personally, I would *really* hope to see the Tomcat and Viggen both leave EA this year and tick all the marks as well as fix most major reported bugs and issues. There are still long ways to go with those modules before we even start talking about yet another in-house aircraft, no matter how shiny or highly demanded it might be.

Fair point, but remember that there can be a lot of work done for new modules while programmers iron out the bugs.

On 8/9/2021 at 2:41 PM, Skysurfer said:

Have Heatblur ever stuck to what they said in the past? 

Apart from the missed dates (like every single developer out there) they have pretty much delivered what they promised on all counts in my book. Things are always subject to change, but why would they go ahead and state that they will not release the Typhoon into EA until the Tomcat and Viggen were out of EA? 

One other thing, what textures are missing in the Tomcat? 

• Like 4

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

One other thing, what textures are missing in the Tomcat? 

Additional LAU-7 launchers, the internals of the TCS are compeltely untextured - as well as some smaller model corrections here and there. And the wheel struts should have a metal shine to them, currently they are sort of beige and blend in with the rest of the strut.

Hey I found a chart of information as to what aircraft are in development, and I am not sure about if I want to post  it because it has some currently Unannounced modules that are "in development". Is there a way to reach out to make sure that I am not ruining anything or to fix this before it gets out to wider audiences so that things are not spoiled? 

Of course however if the data which everything else is accurate I am more worried of if I do post what I found, what happens next. If what I found is accurate but not official what does that mean moving forward? This is the reason for the previous post.

19 hours ago, Zpigman said:

Hey I found a chart of information as to what aircraft are in development, and I am not sure about if I want to post  it because it has some currently Unannounced modules that are "in development". Is there a way to reach out to make sure that I am not ruining anything or to fix this before it gets out to wider audiences so that things are not spoiled? 

And what exactly would be the benefit of you posting it? It will not make the modules release faster or whatever.

DCS has enough overblown hypetrains already.
Maybe just leave it to Heatblur to announce when they want to announce and in the way they want to announce.

Edited by Snappy
  • Like 1

If he’s referring to the trello board which HeatBlur shared, then it most certainly is publicly admitted to roadmap.if he’s got other data, it’s up to him to share it, but I take any “leaks” with a grain of salt until confirmed or denied by HB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, Snappy said:

And what exactly would be the benefit of you posting it? It will not make the modules release faster or whatever.

DCS has enough overblown hypetrains already.
Maybe just leave it to Heatblur to announce when they want to announce and in the way they want to announce.

13 minutes ago, ghostdog688 said:

If he’s referring to the trello board which HeatBlur shared, then it most certainly is publicly admitted to roadmap.if he’s got other data, it’s up to him to share it, but I take any “leaks” with a grain of salt until confirmed or denied by HB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These are the thoughts running through my head as well. The reason for this is that there were other data on the same table that showed all currently "Announced and In Development" content and was interesting how this showed in development but not announced. My intention was to get opinions and I do take it with a grain of salt. This data had all the modules mapped out as far as I can confirm. There are roughly 32 aircraft announced/in development right now. In example of the info, Razbam is included in 13 of them mostly announced. Heatblur is included on only known projects and this final item that is as above states in development but not announced. If it is accurate I want Heatblur to take their time with an awesome announcement and it not get spoiled as it is an aircraft that has been number one on my list for years.

• Like 1

On 8/19/2021 at 3:18 AM, Zpigman said:

If it's a website, and it's the website I'm thinking of, I wouldn't put much faith on what's listed there. Seen it some years ago, and was full of inaccuracies.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

So literally we are speculating about what the two unannounced aircraft will be but, you're not going to speculate because it will somehow "spoil" it for us? Ok yeah....sure. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, WinterH said:

If it's a website, and it's the website I'm thinking of, I wouldn't put much faith on what's listed there. Seen it some years ago, and was full of inaccuracies.

Probably not the website your thinking of, but I think I know the one you are talking about and yeah it is trash.

• 1 month later...
On 9/22/2021 at 4:07 PM, crow0827 said:

Hi, HB.

Could you update the roadmap?

You said you wanted to build a helicopter before, but I just want to know if you have any plans yet.

Thanks

It is an idea always on our minds, but likely more something for the distant future, so no current/immediate plans. We'll see, no promise for now. But we like to beat air into submission just like the next guy, hehe.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

7 hours ago, IronMike said:

It is an idea always on our minds, but likely more something for the distant future, so no current/immediate plans. We'll see, no promise for now. But we like to beat air into submission just like the next guy, hehe.

Ya know, with all the Helicopters that we're getting that have entered service, how would you guys feel about tackling one that could have entered service, but was canned because the Soviets suffered a critical existence failure...

RAH-66 Comanche STEALTH Helicopter - How it works | WHY Cancelled? - YouTube

• Like 2

Since we have the Hind and Hip, and soon the Kiowa, Longbow and BO-105 tank hunter... we could use something different:

Black Hawk, Sea Hawk, Knight Hawk...   Sea King, Chinook...  really we could use any of these...  

I'm not sure the Navy assets are really advanced enough yet to fully take advantage of ASW helos like SeaHawk and SeaKing... but modules like that could push the further dev of Naval warfare. Sea Hawk for the Super Carriers, and Sea King for the older carrier that HB is developing, and maybe too the Royal Navy ships that Raz is making for the South Atlantic. 

That said, Black HAwks and Chinooks are favorites of mine! 

• Like 2

On 9/25/2021 at 2:55 PM, Rick50 said:

Since we have the Hind and Hip, and soon the Kiowa, Longbow and BO-105 tank hunter... we could use something different:

Black Hawk, Sea Hawk, Knight Hawk...   Sea King, Chinook...  really we could use any of these...  

I'm not sure the Navy assets are really advanced enough yet to fully take advantage of ASW helos like SeaHawk and SeaKing... but modules like that could push the further dev of Naval warfare. Sea Hawk for the Super Carriers, and Sea King for the older carrier that HB is developing, and maybe too the Royal Navy ships that Raz is making for the South Atlantic. 

That said, Black HAwks and Chinooks are favorites of mine! 

I want the Alouette III bad.