Heatblur Update - Supersize Me & Public Roadmap

btw, @IronMike , is this some kind of dark humour here

https://trello.com/c/5LRemVZc/63-shipped

to put a picture of a ship that was blocking a major world waterway for a week and have been seized for a few months, in the HB's "shipped" category image? 😉

Edited by draconus
  • Like 4

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

On 10/11/2021 at 8:39 AM, draconus said:

btw, @IronMike , is this some kind of dark humour here

https://trello.com/c/5LRemVZc/63-shipped

to put a picture of a ship that was blocking a major world waterway for a week and have been seized for a few months, in the HB's "shipped" category image? 😉

dark humor is best humor 😄

• Like 11

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

On 9/25/2021 at 12:55 AM, Tank50us said:

Ya know, with all the Helicopters that we're getting that have entered service, how would you guys feel about tackling one that could have entered service, but was canned because the Soviets suffered a critical existence failure...

RAH-66 Comanche STEALTH Helicopter - How it works | WHY Cancelled? - YouTube

I’d pay a lot for a full blown Comanche module. 🥰🥰🥰 

• Like 2

If speed is death…, buy a Honda and live forever.

17 hours ago, RenegadeSkip said:

I’d pay a lot for a full blown Comanche module. 🥰🥰🥰 

But ED are wanting to take the community to very high fidellity modules.  That's not possible for RAH-66 Comanche... because it never came even close to a real world system. It was barely more than a flying airframe. No weapons systems, no fire controls, no datalinks, no advanced systems integration. There are no MFD pages to model, because it never got closer than 7 years from a production/service introduction variant. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Rick50 said:

But ED are wanting to take the community to very high fidellity modules.  That's not possible for RAH-66 Comanche... because it never came even close to a real world system. It was barely more than a flying airframe. No weapons systems, no fire controls, no datalinks, no advanced systems integration. There are no MFD pages to model, because it never got closer than 7 years from a production/service introduction variant. 

Unfortunately, you are entirely correct. Maybe one day we’ll get a good approximation from a mod creater. One can hope. Lol

If speed is death…, buy a Honda and live forever.

Yea, and I'd be happy to see such a popular mod!  

Maybe after all the new helis come out, and raise the interest of combat helos in general, we could see mod community think about taking on the Comanche!

Then we could make silly scenarios to remind me of all the Novalogic Comanche games!  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, RenegadeSkip said:

Unfortunately, you are entirely correct. Maybe one day we’ll get a good approximation from a mod creater. One can hope. Lol

I remember a long time ago when I was in middle school seeing a picture of a Comanche doing a ground weapons test of a Hellfire. So I imagine that they did more testing than just flying the thing around for a few hours a day and taking notes. And given that many of the systems would later go into the Longbow anyway, I get the feeling that the real challenge would be getting the skin to work right (which can be worked around since that is about the only thing still highly classified), the sensor suite that didn't get yanked off the shelf for the Longbow (which I imagine would function very similar anyway), and the gun (one of the options was apparently the gun from the Cobra). So I think it could be made with little difficulty, it'd just be a case of figuring out what was ported, what wasn't, and how best to integrate it into DCS

• Like 1

I hear what you are saying, but I'm not so certain that the Longbow just yanked all it's newer systems from the Comanche, allowing for an easy port-over. But it's understandable. Thing is, we don't have any idea of what the MFD pages or HUD symbology would look like, as I don't believe it was ever that deep into development of it's systems integration... might not have even been begun at that point, maybe just using Cobra/Apache display systems to fly the aircraft.

The Hellfire tests, well, I'm not sure how much we can assume from those tests. They might have used lasing from a 3rd party, rather than onboard laser/optics that could have been still a "test-stand only" item. It might have only been a "captive carry" test to see how the weight shift is when flying, to open and close the weapons bays, test aerodynamic effects... I'm not super clear on EXACTLY what state the development was, at the end when it got cancelled, but it seems to me there was many years of remaining costly development to go.

So maybe "not possible" is poor wording on my part, maybe Heatblur or others could come up with sufficient documentation and resources to create a high fidelity Comanche. If that's possible, I'd imagine it would sell quite decent! Maybe not as much as the ED LongbowD, but probably enough to make the effort worthwhile. But I do think that would be highly dependent on the quality and volume of documentation.

Not to mention that the IP holder of the actual aircraft (Sikorsky and Boeing) would both have to approve of such a project, and ED itself too. I think it's not especially probable that all three would approve of a module that would be partly realistic, and partly fictional (representing systems that never got developed to completion, or even "set").

• Like 1

I doubt that anyone will do an experimental helicpter like the Commanche, it's probably too classified even if it were viable. This on the other hand though.....;)AH-56 side view, on museum display in 2007

• Like 3

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

52 minutes ago, Сиваш said:

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THERE IS ANY NEWS ON  A-6E Intruder, WHEN ABOUT WE CAN SEE IT IN DCS?

I was hoping that he would come along with Forrestal.

I'd expect AI A-6 to come at the end of the Tomcat Early Access - can be months or more - but the flyable module has years to come.

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

13 минут назад, draconus сказал:

Я ожидал, что AI A-6 появится в конце раннего доступа Tomcat - это может занять месяцы или больше, - но у летающего модуля есть годы.

It's bad that there is no status information AI A-6, In the video, he flew last year.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
vor 6 Stunden schrieb Dannyvandelft:

They just announced the Eurofighter.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

But the Eurofighter is not their next module. The Eurofighter is still a few years away. The next module will be released next year...so its time to announce it 😉 We are All excited what it is! 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...