Heatblur Update - Supersize Me & Public Roadmap

An inescapable problem that comes from choosing to make a Phantom is dealing with how prolific it is and simply picking one. There have been F-4s in service since the dawn of the 1960s. We all have our favorite(s), depending on our individual historical interests and country of origin, and a collaboration between developers could be a viable workaround for the challenge of offering a highly requested aircraft and making sure that as many variants as possible are represented.

Can't pretend fly as well as you can.

2 hours ago, Rick50 said:

I'm just talking out my buttt!

Good of you to say. We all are (despite the impression some try to give...), but it's rarely acknowledged.

All that can be said with any certainty is that we're all HB fans, and despite the recent announcement of a new flyable we're looking at future releases like a greedy kid holding a Christmas present in one hand whilst reaching for the next box under the tree...

Hopefully HB see the compliment 🙂

• Like 3

Nah, I've only just met 'er...:pilotfly:

2 hours ago, Rick50 said:

What if... ED and Heatblur colaborated to bring us two Phantoms?  They develop the core code together, share data and SME resources to get a working "phantom". Then they split off, ED finishes theirs as an international "E" gunfighter, and Heatblur finishes theirs as a Navy "J" ??

This what I am hoping happens, too!

13 hours ago, Rick50 said:

I'm gonna engage in wild unsubstantiated flight of fancy... with no lift to see...

What if... ED and Heatblur colaborated to bring us two Phantoms?  They develop the core code together, share data and SME resources to get a working "phantom". Then they split off, ED finishes theirs as an international "E" gunfighter, and Heatblur finishes theirs as a Navy "J" ??

Unlikely. Lot of coordination required, lot of trust, lot of additional complications.... but then, making a Phantom module is complicated due to the subject itself, the variants, the details, and though its an older aircraft it's still a very complex system compared to most of it's contemporaries. Sharing resources might be the only way to get all that done in a reasonable timeline.

That said, no, I don't "know" anything. Nor have I seen any such hints. I'm just talking out my buttt!

Rather the F-4S than the J.

15 hours ago, Rick50 said:

or better with Trugritt aswell with F early and F ICE with AMRAAM and making the F early as a free offical module for demo purpose and another official FF free module included with DCS. I mean i can only hope but imagine that

Edited by ustio

On 5/6/2021 at 10:08 PM, Tonker said:

Good of you to say. We all are (despite the impression some try to give...), but it's rarely acknowledged.

All that can be said with any certainty is that we're all HB fans, and despite the recent announcement of a new flyable we're looking at future releases like a greedy kid holding a Christmas present in one hand whilst reaching for the next box under the tree...

Hopefully HB see the compliment 🙂

We did and it warmed our hearts. Thank you!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

With regards to TARPS functionality, will we be able to take photographs in-game and have copies on our hard drives available? This is a feature that would make photo-recon for virtual flying units a feature for many home-made campaigns, and open up a world of support roles to the DCS community.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I noticed that the Public Roadmap did not mention the F-14 manual.  Is it still going to be developed...to include more instruction on actual flying, operating, and fighting in the Tomcat as well as instructions on using the Jester menu?

Edited by N0430BM

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

2 hours ago, ghostdog688 said:

With regards to TARPS functionality, will we be able to take photographs in-game and have copies on our hard drives available? This is a feature that would make photo-recon for virtual flying units a feature for many home-made campaigns, and open up a world of support roles to the DCS community.

It's not decided yet.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

On 5/7/2021 at 9:51 AM, TobiasA said:

...and Blk 52 with HTS. 

Stay tuned, boys 😄

We've already got the Block 50, and the HTS is coming "soon™️." A Block 52 would only mean a P&W engine rather than a GE. But a 40/42 would be really nice!! 👍

• Like 1

On 5/8/2021 at 2:08 PM, jmijnen said:

Why get hyped for these unannounced modules when you've got this to drool over???

Because there is a chance we might see this mystery module before the A6? At least that's the rumor on the grapevine 🙂

• Like 1

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Jetguy06:

We've already got the Block 50, and the HTS is coming "soon™️." A Block 52 would only mean a P&W engine rather than a GE. But a 40/42 would be really nice!! 👍

"Soon" is the reason why I would like to see the F-16 from HB... Just daydreaming. 

2 hours ago, toni said:

I think what Heatblur needs behind the A-6, is prowling into Electronic Warfare Platforms. Nothing better than a Prowler, E-2C/D Hawkeye  and  a Growler afterwards.

I think that's a limitation of DCS itself and not something Heatblur has overlooked.

• Like 5

Can't pretend fly as well as you can.

Deephack and dotChuckles make a strong case for the secret next gen module being the Gripen that I can't dispute.  Deephack Live Stream + DCS News 8th May 2021 - YouTube  the specifics start at 24:35.

I am ready to spend my money so please put up the pre-purchase page.  If in the (highly) unlikely event the Gripen is not in Heatblur's cards, feel free to apply my credit card charge to whatever else Heatblur chooses to do since I already know it will be excellent and I want it.

33 minutes ago, Andurula said:

Deephack and dotChuckles make a strong case for the secret next gen module being the Gripen that I can't dispute.  Deephack Live Stream + DCS News 8th May 2021 - YouTube  the specifics start at 24:35.

I am ready to spend my money so please put up the pre-purchase page.  If in the (highly) unlikely event the Gripen is not in Heatblur's cards, feel free to apply my credit card charge to whatever else Heatblur chooses to do since I already know it will be excellent and I want it.

Yeah, that video is pure speculation and total bs. Heatblur have said "next gen aircraft" doesn't mean actual aircraft generstion or era but the next generation of Heatblur development and technology. I'd be very surprised if they in fact did anything as modern as a Gripen, given their experience with and passion for older, iconic aircraft as well as the creation of this 1970's to 80's US Navy ecosystem with the Forrestal class, Tomcat and A-6. Obviously this is still speculation but having the foundation for these types of aircraft already makes more sense to me. Still think one of the planes could be a late naval F-4. It's still too early to even wonder about it as these projects are fairly far away and the current ones still need a lot of work.

Edited by Skysurfer
  • Like 6

On 5/15/2021 at 9:34 PM, TobiasA said:

Gripen is classified and will remain so.
It is more likely to see the Jaktviggen (AA variant) but even that stuff on that plane is classified.

IIRC they couldn't do an early Gripen because some of its systems were based on/shared with the JA 37 and said system in particular was classified. It's a bit fuzzy but I think that was the case.

In any case I'm hoping they stick to the 80s to mid 90s - which is in keeping with their other stuff (Forrestal is early-to-mid 80s, AJS 37 is mid 90s, and so is the current F-14A & B).

Personally I'm hoping for an F-4J/S or an 80s F-111F.

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 8

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

vor 19 Minuten schrieb Northstar98:

IIRC they couldn't do an early Gripen because some of its systems were based on/shared with the JA 37 and said system in particular was classified. It's a bit fuzzy but I think that was the case.

In any case I'm hoping they stick to the 80s/90s - in keeping with their other stuff (Forrestal is post early-to-mid 80s, AJS 37 is mid 90s, and so is the current F-14A & B).

Personally I'm hoping for an F-4J/S or an F-111F.

Both would be nice. 

I know tons of people who are waiting for a Gripen and if HB would announce it many of them would pre-order it. But I think that this is somewhat unlikely. 

The F-4 would be a good choice which would also attract a lot of people. A lot of countries flew it. 

• Like 2

As I think of the possibilities besides the F-4, I really think HB throws their hat in the WWII ring...Pacific of course.  They have shown great interest and capability in making USN planes as well a carrier.  

The Corsair is being done by Magnitude 3/Leatherneck and there is talk of ED having great interest in the Hellcat.  That still leaves a lot of possibilities.  With HB's amazing multicrew work, I think a torpedo or dive bomber would be great...the Avenger being the favorite with HB's connection with Grumman.

• Like 1

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

Avenger would be great - but aside from the licensing / contact with Grumman, I’m not sure how it would build on HB’s experience to get that “next gen” element...?

A Navy Phantom really does look like a good fit...

(but failing that a Tornado IDS / GR1, or even a F-111 would do very nicely 😁)

• Like 4