Heatblur Update - Supersize Me & Public Roadmap

On 6/12/2021 at 6:21 PM, Jester986 said:

If you don't mind HB team, could we get a comment on maps? If they fall into Hope to, plan to, or no plans for categories?

I think it is safe to say that we hope to one day. We love beautiful maps, and we love discovering and exploring our beautiful planet. How, when and if, is something that cannot be predicted on fully, so I will restrain from saying: "we plan to in the future". I hope this suffices for now, when we know more, we will bring you into the fold, as always, of course. 🙂

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

@IronMike earlier this year you said that you guys are not sure about what A-6E submodel you want to create.

where you able to narrow down choices (so TRAM, WCSI or SWIP)?

also, are you aware of the awesome work in the A-6 intruder community discord?

Such as custom kneeboards for the game later, the FOI requests for Tacmans or the research on actual combat loads?

Edited by Iron_physik

5 hours ago, Riojano said:

if i remember well, TRAM is what they are doing

last time I asked (about 3-4 months ago) they said no model was decided.

the BuNo of the screenshots is from a SWIP, the 3D model of it also fits a early SWIP model with metal wings.

so it can be either TRAM, WCSI or SWIP

differences are following

• WCSI (Weapon Computer System Integration) where TRAMs with a digital weapon panel added, this panel allowed the WCSI to fire Harpoons and SLAMs
  • SWIP (System Weapons Improvement Program) where WCSI birds that got a software update and different pylons, they could now also AGM-65, AGM-88 and AGM-62. On top of that they could use the AAW-13 Datalink pod to self guide SLAMs and Walleyes without having to rely on a A-7E with a DL pod.

Heatblur so far has not stated what exact model they planned, they just said "A-6E" but not what submodel it will be.

Edited by Iron_physik

36 minutes ago, Iron_physik said:

last time I asked (about 3-4 months ago) they said no model was decided.

the BuNo of the screenshots is from a SWIP, the 3D model of it also fits a early SWIP model with metal wings.

so it can be either TRAM, WCSI or SWIP

differences are following

• WCSI (Weapon Computer System Integration) where TRAMs with a digital weapon panel added, this panel allowed the WCSI to fire Harpoons and SLAMs
  • SWIP (System Weapons Improvement Program) where WCSI birds that got a software update and different pylons, they could now also AGM-65, AGM-88 and AGM-62. On top of that they could use the AAW-13 Datalink pod to self guide SLAMs and Walleyes without having to rely on a A-7E with a DL pod.

Heatblur so far has not stated what exact model they planned, they just said "A-6E" but not what submodel it will be.

Out of curiosity do you know the time period of each of these different models?

14 hours ago, nighthawk2174 said:

Out of curiosity do you know the time period of each of these different models?

Base A-6E first flew in 1975 1970 (some where even in SEA, but flew no combat missions out of fear that the ostblock gets acces to the Solid state computers of it)

CAINS then came later in about late 1970-71

TRAM first flight was about 1974

TRAM/DRS came in 1979

WCSI came about in 1985-86

SWIP came about late 1988

Edited by Iron_physik

31 minuti fa, Iron_physik ha scritto:

Base A-6E first flew in early 1975 (some where even in SEA, but flew no combat missions out of fear that the ostblock gets acces to the Solid state computers of it)

CAINS then came later in about 1976-77

TRAM first flight was about 1979

WCSI came about in 1985-86

SWIP came about late 1988

Are you sure about the first flight of the A-6E? I knew it took off the first time in february 1970

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mig Fulcrum said:

Are you sure about the first flight of the A-6E? I knew it took off the first time in february 1970

oh dang, you are right

75 then was the year of the first TRAM and 79 was ther TRAM/DRS

CAINS came 71

Edited by Iron_physik

So.....when are we gonna find out what the mystery module in development is going to be? (Or at least when are we going to get the next hint? 😉 )

• Like 6

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2021 at 8:01 PM, Iron_physik said:

@IronMike earlier this year you said that you guys are not sure about what A-6E submodel you want to create.

where you able to narrow down choices (so TRAM, WCSI or SWIP)?

also, are you aware of the awesome work in the A-6 intruder community discord?

Such as custom kneeboards for the game later, the FOI requests for Tacmans or the research on actual combat loads?

We still have not decided this yet. Sorry to further disappoint on this subject, as you know us, it will not be a question of "want" but rather "can". Thank you for your kind patience.

Thank you for the discord community hint as well, I sent you a PM, would be nice to connect with its members. 🙂

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

15 hours ago, IronMike said:

We still have not decided this yet. Sorry to further disappoint on this subject, as you know us, it will not be a question of "want" but rather "can".

so it all depends on documentation, gotcha!

lets hope the FOIA's then result in a positive outcome for tactical manuals.

also, you all are welcome in our community:

https://discord.gg/qfWkQ8mjym

CA2C1428-6A90-467F-A96B-8DDBFAE6F7C7.png

Edited by Iron_physik
  • Like 1

Thank you!

Yes, documentation, but also feasibility. As in terms, is it worth and possible to model this or that system fully and realistically in DCS. Although I don't see much of an issue with the A6 variants, but when it comes to development, sometimes something seemingly "simple" can turn out to be almost impossible to make, etc etc.. These are things that are very hard to predict in advance and we just need to see once we approach the items. 🙂

• Like 3

Heatblur Simulations

57 minutes ago, IronMike said:

sometimes something seemingly "simple" can turn out to be almost impossible to make

It can't be easy to model the infamous DIANE "reliability" and quirks, I imagine. At least the A-6E got rid of it...

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

38 minutes ago, Raven (Elysian Angel) said:

It can't be easy to model the infamous DIANE "reliability" and quirks, I imagine. At least the A-6E got rid of it...

HOTAS keybind to kick the computer drum or riot! 😄

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, TLTeo said:

HOTAS keybind to kick the computer drum or riot! 😄

yes pls, make a A-6A XD

1 hour ago, Raven (Elysian Angel) said:

All the A-6 had the DIANE, just the A model used this analogue drum to do calculations while the E got a digital computer

DIANE is just the acronym of the DIgital Attack + Navigation Equiptment that the A-6 uses.

2 hours ago, IronMike said:

Thank you!

Yes, documentation, but also feasibility. As in terms, is it worth and possible to model this or that system fully and realistically in DCS. Although I don't see much of an issue with the A6 variants, but when it comes to development, sometimes something seemingly "simple" can turn out to be almost impossible to make, etc etc.. These are things that are very hard to predict in advance and we just need to see once we approach the items. 🙂

that makes sense.

considering that the A-6 and the F-14 are very similar in Avionics I am sure you can handle its systems development!

the only part that would be more out of the ordinary and more complex would be the digital missile panel that the A-6E had after WCSI to make use of Harpoons and other more modern weapons, here you do kind of need acces to the tacmans of the WCSI and SWIP for proper explaination.

• 2 weeks later...

Does the new development (EF) have any consequences for the development of the full A6 module?

Im kinda disappointed, thinking you guys are more the way I see interesting aircrafts, that meaning the love for old rust buckets which had to be flown by pilots and not computers. 

Business wise you guys most probably hit the jackpot (in that niche market) with the EF, but you lost part of my heart on the way. Still hoping for some old stuff from you guys and I keep dreaming of the F4F.... 

Anyhow, I will most probably get your new module anyway and put it somewhere in the hangar to the other flying I-pads and keep flying with the F-14. 

Edited by Lt_Jaeger
  • Like 6

On 7/9/2021 at 9:55 PM, Iron_physik said:

would be the digital missile panel that the A-6E had after WCSI

Did Intruder have digital panel? ☹️ I always thought it was an epitome of analog switches steam gauge cockpit like Phantom or Tomcat...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, toni said:

Yeah, will that slow down your own projects HB ?  

Surely... but they say:

We do not currently have a release date set, especially as full releases of the Viggen and F-14 currently have precedence over any future releases.

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/277911-frequently-asked-questions-the-dcs-eurofighter/?tab=comments#comment-4731152

btw: There was this great announcementof HB Roadmap:

https://trello.com/b/HsMiJggJ/heatblur-public-roadmap

but I don't see it updated at all since the start.

Edited by draconus
  • Like 3

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

On 7/23/2021 at 8:24 AM, draconus said:

Surely... but they say:

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/277911-frequently-asked-questions-the-dcs-eurofighter/?tab=comments#comment-4731152

btw: There was this great announcementof HB Roadmap:

https://trello.com/b/HsMiJggJ/heatblur-public-roadmap

but I don't see it updated at all since the start.

I updated it yesterday, we just need to add the EF still, which we will do soon. Needs a nice screeny or gif, ofc.

As for whether it will slow down other projects, or if we lost our love for old rust buckets: negative on both accounts. 🙂

Edited by IronMike
  • Like 5

Heatblur Simulations

On 7/23/2021 at 1:14 AM, kseremak said:

Did Intruder have digital panel? ☹️ I always thought it was an epitome of analog switches steam gauge cockpit like Phantom or Tomcat...

yes, with the WCSI upgrade the A-6 got 1 digital panel to control Harpoons

the ability of that panel was enhanced with the SWIP

here a photo of a A-6E SWIPs missile panel where 1 HARPOON is loaded:

unknown.png

after selecting that harpoon the symbology change:

unknown.png

as you see its not a MFD like on modern jets, its a really basic computer interface with the screen being literally just 5 lines from a digital clock XD

here the description of that panel from the flight manual:

Spoiler

grafik.png

grafik.png

grafik.png

grafik.png

grafik.png

grafik.png

grafik.png

the panel is needed to deliver weapons like the maverick, walleye, harpoon, SLAM or HARM

specially note that this panel enables the A-6E SWIP to make use of the HARM SP pullback (shoot at radar emiters behind the plane)

• Thanks 1

On 7/24/2021 at 6:31 PM, IronMike said:

I updated it yesterday, we just need to add the EF still, which we will do soon. Needs a nice screeny or gif, ofc.

I see the Roadmap got update for EF but there's only one secret module now 🤔 while you said there'll be still two of them in the line.

• Like 7

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

So I just want to clarify for the sake of everyone's hard on, EF 2000 and Intruder confirmed, but there are 1 or 2 more unnamed modules thus far?  I know the A-6 is a ways out which sad yes, but still not really with what is in the pipeline in between.  HB, can you confirm how many modules are left that are in the skunkworks for the time being?

• Like 2

On 8/7/2021 at 5:47 AM, Devil 505 said:

So I just want to clarify for the sake of everyone's hard on, EF 2000 and Intruder confirmed, but there are 1 or 2 more unnamed modules thus far?  I know the A-6 is a ways out which sad yes, but still not really with what is in the pipeline in between.  HB, can you confirm how many modules are left that are in the skunkworks for the time being?

What does it matter? There is at least one unannounced module in the works and given the magnitude of this undertaking even if there were 3-4 other planes planned for the future we wouldn't see them for the enxt 5-10 years. And I think the Phoon might even still be pretty far away and not come out next year.

Personally, I would *really* hope to see the Tomcat and Viggen both leave EA this year and tick all the marks as well as fix most major reported bugs and issues. There are still long ways to go with those modules before we even start talking about yet another in-house aircraft, no matter how shiny or highly demanded it might be.

Edited by Skysurfer
  • Like 4