Aircraft & Fuel tank skin issue

skywalker22

Just noticed there is a general issue regarding skins, in correlation between aircraft and fuel tank(s).

If fuel tank(s) are mounted on the aircraft, and if you go and change the skin (from drop down menu Paint Scheme), the graphics on fuel tank(s) is not changed accordingly. If you then select some other type of mission payload which does NOT include the fuel tank(s), and after that select some mission payload with fuel tank(s), the graphics on fuel tanks will be accordant with the skin it self.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by mitja_bonca

• ED Team

Seems to be correct for me, you have to perform a rearm for the tank to change. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

23 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Seems to be correct for me, you have to perform a rearm for the tank to change. 

thanks

But why would you perform a rearm in case if aircraft already is armed, and you would only like to change skins? That surely is a bug. 

• ED Team
52 minutes ago, mitja_bonca said:

But why would you perform a rearm in case if aircraft already is armed, and you would only like to change skins? That surely is a bug. 

It is the way it is in DCS, same for an empty fuel tank currently, it needs to be removed and added to refuel it. 

• Like 1

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Just DCS Things
At least this is only an aesthetic issue. It's not that bad

• Like 2

Modules:

F-14, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, M-2000C, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B N/A, MiG-29, Su-33, MiG-21 Bis, F-5E, P-51D, Ka-50, Mi-8, Sa 342, UH-1H, Combined Arms

Maps and others:

Persian Gulf, Syria, Normandy, WWII Assets, NS 430 + Mi-8 NS 430

3 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

It is the way it is in DCS, same for an empty fuel tank currently, it needs to be removed and added to refuel it. 

Oh, didn`t know that. Thanks for clarifying. I`m pretty new in DCS concerning full fidelity aircrafts, although I`m around for almost 3 years.

Sorry for confusion.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

@skywalker22, I've noticed some weird tank/skin anomalies to. I can't get any of my skins to use their own liveries on their bags, they all use the default clean livery. I even made a custom tank skin and added it to my livery and still goes to default. Can't find any errors in the description.lua or anywhere else, it's driving me nuts.Rocking Back And Forth Family Guy GIF

And I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.

Micah 5:15

• 2 months later...

In the Mission Editor, you and a fuel tank and then select a skin with a texture specific to the selected livery, the livery specific texture for the fuel tank will be shown. If you then -- without leaving the ME loadout panel -- change the skin, the tank texture will NOT change; it remains the same as the previous skin.

To get he livery specific texture, you must then remove and then re-add the tank.

WAD? Then please design it to work logically.

• Like 1

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Or ignore it and start the sim. The correct tank skin will spawn as normal regardless of what's shown in the Mission Planner/Editor.

Though I fail to see how this glitch is "correct as is." A more accurate tag would be "code limitation" or something similar, as it is not correct in the slightest.

• ED Team

Moved to wish list, I have already requested a slider for tanks on the rearm menu.

it is marked correct as is, as it is working as intended. 

thanks

• Like 2