F/A-18C Dutch skin?

36 minutes ago, Double Dutch said:

How much time does it take to make one? Would an enthusiastic student be willing to make 1 for me for a reasonable fee?

Difficulty depends on what you want, how much needs to be changed as adapting other skins can be fairly easy. Do you have a picture of what you want

11 minutes ago, Hoirtel said:

Difficulty depends on what you want, how much needs to be changed as adapting other skins can be fairly easy. Do you have a picture of what you want

The Dutch Don't have a FA-18C, the most logical thing would be to copy the Dutch F-16 skin, see the link for some pictures (https://www.defensie.nl/onderwerpen/materieel/vliegtuigen-en-helikopters/f-16).

I find that this layout the little red-white-blue (dutch flag) circle, which I find looks cool.

F-16 in de lucht

Or create a skin on based on the Dutch F-35, https://www.defensie.nl/onderwerpen/materieel/vliegtuigen-en-helikopters/f-35-gevechtsvliegtuig, where I noticed the the red-white-blue circle has become 3 shades of grey.

Het onderhoud aan de F-35 gebeurt met het logistiek beheer- en informatiesysteem ALIS (autonomic logistics information system).

https://www.aviatorgear.com/p-28586-rnlaf-lightning-driver-patch.aspx

Edited by Double Dutch

-----

Don't practise till you got it right.

Practise till you don't do it wrong

Best thing to do would be find a skin that has this two tone grey, I would think that would be easy, Then modify it to add your own roundels and markings. Have you any experience with photoshop or open source versions?

3 minutes ago, Hoirtel said:

Best thing to do would be find a skin that has this two tone grey, I would think that would be easy, Then modify it to add your own roundels and markings. Have you any experience with photoshop or open source versions?

Hi Hoirtel,

Thank you for your time.

I am 56 years old, I have a tiny bit of photoshop experience but I removed the program long ago (never really used it). If there is a manual online on how to do it, that would help. 

You say finding a skin that has 2 tone grey is easy, I would not know where to start yet. I have just purchased DCS and am still waiting for my Hotas to arrive (in 1-2 weeks time). Just preparing to make this as cool as possible 🙂

-----

7 minutes ago, Double Dutch said:

Hi Hoirtel,

Thank you for your time.

I am 56 years old, I have a tiny bit of photoshop experience but I removed the program long ago (never really used it). If there is a manual online on how to do it, that would help. 

You say finding a skin that has 2 tone grey is easy, I would not know where to start yet. I have just purchased DCS and am still waiting for my Hotas to arrive (in 1-2 weeks time). Just preparing to make this as cool as possible 🙂

Oh right, sorry. Have a look through the user files on the website. This is where all the community skins come from you may well find something that already does what you want. If you find something that comes close and just needs a bit of tweaking. I'm sure someone will do it, I will. I'm no expert skinner but I do have PS experience and have modified some of my favourite skins to add my own name and/or markings. I only have limited time so prefer flying to skinning! The user files are great but lack some keyword searching. You can also try just a google search and look for the links to the DCS user files. You can also ask in the skinning forums too.

Edited by Hoirtel
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2021 at 12:23 PM, Hoirtel said:

Oh right, sorry. Have a look through the user files on the website. This is where all the community skins come from you may well find something that already does what you want. If you find something that comes close and just needs a bit of tweaking. I'm sure someone will do it, I will. I'm no expert skinner but I do have PS experience and have modified some of my favourite skins to add my own name and/or markings. I only have limited time so prefer flying to skinning! The user files are great but lack some keyword searching. You can also try just a google search and look for the links to the DCS user files. You can also ask in the skinning forums too.

That is cool to ad your own name/callsign to the plane.

I also found a download to get a cleaner cockpit, do you know where to place those?

Edited by Double Dutch

-----

11 hours ago, Double Dutch said:

That is cool to ad your own name/callsign to the plane.

I also found a download to get a cleaner cockpit, do you know where to place those?

No. I don't use mods like that. 

5 hours ago, Hoirtel said:

No. I don't use mods like that. 

I just installed it, it's not a Mod. It works exactly like skins, create a folder in your users directory where you also make the plane's folders. Looks awesome, much cleaner view!!

-----

As I fellow Dutchie I would like to inform you that it is illegal to put a Dutch skin on a Hornet because its the ugliest thing ever 😉

• Like 1

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

2 hours ago, MrDieing said:

As I fellow Dutchie I would like to inform you that it is illegal to put a Dutch skin on a Hornet because its the ugliest thing ever 😉

Nehhh would be amazing to get the looks and signs on there from the Dutch f16 or the f35!!

edit your name on the side… how cool is that?

Edited by Double Dutch

-----