New change? Collective in mid position on spawn?

Something new that I first experienced today.  When spawning into the Huey the collective is set in the mid position.  As soon as I move my controller it aligns with my controller and works fine.

The problem is, if you start  "hot", the moment you spawn in, the collective is pulled halfway up and you are launching.

Not usually an issue for me in single player since I prefer to start cold but some multi player servers spawn into hot starts so its an instant crash.

I have seen a few other minor issues with controls over the past two days with other modules and I am wondering if a quiet hotfix was released that created a few issues?  Or perhaps a Windows update is creating a few inconsistencies with the controls?

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/3/2021 at 2:43 AM, Andurula said:

The problem is, if you start  "hot", the moment you spawn in, the collective is pulled halfway up and you are launching.

Not usually an issue for me in single player since I prefer to start cold but some multi player servers spawn into hot starts so its an instant crash.

During start 'in flight', I noticed that the trim is not necessarily at zero, this automatically leads to a crash.

As a precaution for all missions starting in flight, I make a trim RAZ at starting.

On 5/21/2021 at 1:37 PM, Tanuki44 said:

Have you checked the box in the Options to synchronize commands when starting the missions?

synchro.png

I recently had to leave that unchecked.

With that checked, my joystick will be at center, but when I click fly it pins the stick to the top left and throttle is maxed until i move the stick around. If I don't move the stick quickly enough and it's a hot start, especially in a helo, it crashes on the pad. I had to have one hand on mouse to click fly and the other hand on stick ready to immediately wash controls.

Unchecked, then at least stuff starts centered and no throttle where I can move the stick to sync it without having to rush to do so to avoid a crash.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Munkwolf said:

I recently had to leave that unchecked.

With that checked, my joystick will be at center, but when I click fly it pins the stick to the top left and throttle is maxed until i move the stick around. If I don't move the stick quickly enough and it's a hot start, especially in a helo, it crashes on the pad.

I had exactly the same problem start a couple weeks ago. I had always flown with the sync box checked, but I had to start flying with it unchecked.

But...out of curiosity I just now tried again with a hot start mission with the sync box checked, and the controls seem to behave just fine now. Oh well.