Roadmap Discussion - OBC

IIRC HB stated that they will "eventually" add OBC somewhere down the road but that was a long time ago. I would personally love to see at least OBC class IIA/B and III (thats what is performed during startup). They don't really have to actually "do" anything (i.e. nothing ever fails except you did not turn on the respective system) except for showing the acronyms on the TID and move the ramps. IMO that would be the icing on top of a very complete systems modelling but I can understand how HB may want to spent resources somewhere more important.

• Like 1

i5-8600k @4.9Ghz, 2080ti , 32GB@2666Mhz, 512GB SSD

+1

I'd like to see some of the other missing Master Test switch functionality too:

Emergency Gen test

Mach Lever Test (F-14A)

FLT GP tests

Wing sweep Test etc

These in the main should just produce a green 'GO' light. Simple and would be nice to have.

• Like 2

• 11 months later...
On 5/4/2021 at 2:51 PM, AvroLanc said:

+1

I'd like to see some of the other missing Master Test switch functionality too:

Emergency Gen test

Mach Lever Test (F-14A)

FLT GP tests

Wing sweep Test etc

These in the main should just produce a green 'GO' light. Simple and would be nice to have.

Have any of these tests been added since? I'm not familiar with the Tomcat

18 hours ago, Bog9y said:

Have any of these tests been added since?

Mach Lever Test (F-14A) is implemented.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

33 minutes ago, draconus said:

Mach Lever Test (F-14A) is implemented.

Cool thanks. Overall, are ther still many features missing on the Tomcat or is it mostly complete? I would be interested if I could follow the NATOPS manual procedures and not have to skip stuff or compromise. 

I don't know the systems in depth enough to know how they compare with the NATOPS, but the big one that stands out to me there is that not all BITs are done yet.

The other missing/WIP features I can think of is that the FM, AIM-54 guidance, and AWG-9 need some tweaks. The TARPS pod is also still missing.

• Thanks 1

You can do the whole RW normal startup and checks except for OBC and emergency generator. You can make pretend an OBC by putting the master test switch in OBC for 1,5min. The pilot doesnt notice much of it anyway except for the ramp lights coming on and going out again. 

• Thanks 1

i5-8600k @4.9Ghz, 2080ti , 32GB@2666Mhz, 512GB SSD

3 hours ago, TLTeo said:

I don't know the systems in depth enough to know how they compare with the NATOPS, but the big one that stands out to me there is that not all BITs are done yet.

The other missing/WIP features I can think of is that the FM, AIM-54 guidance, and AWG-9 need some tweaks. The TARPS pod is also still missing.

Jamming effects both recieving and emitting probably also need work?