Client Late Activation

Proxen

I've seen a couple threads asking the same thing, but they're quite old so I thought there might be a better way of handling this in 2021.

First I'll explain what I'm trying to do. When placing clients on the supercarrier I'd like them to NOT spawn in The Street cause those parking spots block the AI flights that spawn in Elevators 1 and 2. (Pic for reference)

1200px-ACTUAL_CARRIER_TOPOLOGY.png

The only way I know to do that is to delay the players spawn at least 1 second. Using Late Activation on the client group achieves that in Singleplayer (you get the 'Your flight is delayed' message and all that). Players just gotta wait for a second and then they spawn automatically outside The Street.

Multiplayer is another story. The 'Your flight is delayed' message lasts until you press ESC and manually select another slot, which is kinda confusing for some players that don't really know why they're not spawning.

So here I am asking for help. Is there an easy way to do this in MP? Thank you.

I guess it depends on your definition of easy - but one option could be to use SimpleSlotBlock script. (See 

This allows you a lot of control over when slots become available - and you can enable and disable by setting flags.  It might be an overkill for your scenario - and I'm hoping someone else will chime in with a simpler solution - but if not... it's an option.

Although it's probably one of the most complete options I've seen (probably a bit too much for my purposes), it requires the host to install some scripts beforehand, and while it might not be that hard to do, it's not really an option for me since I'm planning to upload the mission to the User Files section and I'd like to make it as accessible as possible so everyone can enjoy it.

Thank you anyway.