C101 ADI drift

Bas.T

Hey there,

I just picked the C101 up and have been loving everything about it it's just an absolute blast to fly plus all the little details really put it perhaps even ahead of some other modules. Now, I've been having issues with the ADI drifting rather substantially where it at one point was even inverted and I have yet to find a way to reset it. I've browsed chuck's guide and the aviodev guide but haven't found a clear answer on it. Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, kontiuka said:

You have to use the Fast Erect switch which is one of the switches under the HSI.  It can take a while to realign if you're ADI is really misaligned.

And this can be done while you're in the air correct?

Correct, you need to fly straight and level while holding the switch depressed.

Same goes for the HSI, heading will be far off after some wild maneuvers from magnetic. The HSI will correct itself after some minutes of flying straight and level.

18 minutes ago, gulredrel said:

Correct, you need to fly straight and level while holding the switch depressed.

Same goes for the HSI, heading will be far off after some wild maneuvers from magnetic. The HSI will correct itself after some minutes of flying straight and level.

Very good to know, thanks! by the way.. felt a bit pointless to make another topic about it so I may as well ask it on this one. Has aviodev already re-worked the Sea Eagle so it works without the mission editor? It would be pretty great to be able to use it on servers like hoggit.

Maybe a seperate thread would be better

Can't say something about. I'm only playing single player and mostly EB version and a bit ground strafing with gun or rockets in the CC.

I guess, that's a low prio thing for aviodev. They focus on getting multicrew fixed.

3 hours ago, Desert Fox said:

We really got enough fantasy stuff in MP already you can't disable. No need to have one more really. If this can be put in via mission editor, hoggit/designers can just do so if it is really wanted.

Not sure what you mean with fantasy stuff but it's clear that you misunderstood my question since the sea eagle in fact needs to be plotted per target. therefor it's only useful in very small scenario's where you actually have a designated target. Not something large like hoggit where targets constantly change. It is not that they're not available in the weapons menu, it is just that you shoot a missile that has no seeking capacity the way it is implemented now opposed to a harpoon. Where aviodev once spoke about adding the possibility of plotting a course for it in the F10 map.

Edited by Bas.T

1 hour ago, Bas.T said:

Not sure what you mean with fantasy stuff but it's clear that you misunderstood my question since the sea eagle in fact needs to be plotted per target. therefor it's only useful in very small scenario's where you actually have a designated target. Not something large like hoggit where targets constantly change. It is not that they're not available in the weapons menu, it is just that you shoot a missile that has no seeking capacity the way it is implemented now opposed to a harpoon. Where aviodev once spoke about adding the possibility of plotting a course for it in the F10 map.

Here's a script someone wrote for it to work in MP.  I've never tried it though.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/5/2021 at 5:55 PM, Desert Fox said:

The Sea Eagle has never been a real thing on the C-101. It's more of a theoretical ordinance. Hence no need to put yet another of these fantasy loadouts in MP after we got 4 HARM, 6 Mavericks and similar freakshows elsewhere already.

Funny thing is that Theory is a real thing...

If it works in theory, then it should be simulated.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.