Quaggles - DCS Input Command Injector Mod - Store custom input commands safely in Saved Games instead of merging them with developer changes each update

Quaggles

Is anyone having issues with this not working on the A-10C and A-10C II?

EDIT:  I think I had a parentheses instead of a bracket closing a line.

Edited by RogueSqdn

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

Where can you find the name of things to add commands. I'm looking at adding a up/down command for the F14 RIO Weapon Type Wheel. There isn't a Weapon Type Wheel listed in the default.lua in the  DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\F14\Input\F-14B-RIO\keyboard    folder. This is what I've come up with on my own. It appears in the controls selection now and I can map it but it only selects two values, 0 and 0.0232. What should I use instead to make it rotate?

return {
    keyCommands = {
            {down = device_commands.WEAP_Type_Wheel, cockpit_device_id=devices.WEAPONS, value_down = 0.023255813953488, value_up = 0, name = _('Weapon Type Wheel Up'), category = _('Bones Custom')},
            {down = device_commands.WEAP_Type_Wheel, cockpit_device_id=devices.WEAPONS, value_down = -0.023255813953488, value_up = 0, name = _('Weapon Type Wheel Down'), category = _('Bones Custom')},
    }
}

Edited by bones1014
added code then corrected code

8 hours ago, Quaggles said:

I recommend using Visual Studio Code with the vscode-lua extension, it will highlight your syntax errors and can save a lot of time troubleshooting

Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a shot.

I've been using Notepad++.

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

• 4 weeks later...

I am only using the open beta version of DCS in my saved games and in my Eagle Dynamics folders.  I put the zip of the input injector in my Ovgme saved games folder and enabled the mod.  I then put the new inputCommands foldoer in my open beta saved games folder.    However, the new commands do not appear.  Is this because I do not use the regular DCS-only the open beta version-so I have to change something.  If so what?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

I am only using the open beta version of DCS in my saved games and in my Eagle Dynamics folders.  I put the zip of the input injector in my Ovgme saved games folder and enabled the mod.  I then put the new inputCommands foldoer in my open beta saved games folder.    However, the new commands do not appear.  Is this because I do not use the regular DCS-only the open beta version-so I have to change something.  If so what?
The file in OvGME, should go to install folder as far as I remember. Or you wouldn't need OvGME.
I have just reinstalled my computer, so I need to repeat it. I'll come back, unless somebody beats me to it.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Maxsenna

Any help would be greatly appreciated.   If you need any more info from me on my problem, just let me know.

Edited by sobe
new last sentence
  • Like 1

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

I notice in the Data.lua file, the following line exixts:

Insert this code into "DCSWorld\Scripts\Input\Data.lua" above the function "loadDeviceProfileFromFile"

However, I use the DCS Openbeta version.  Is this the problem??

Got it finally.  User Error.  Now on to hardlinking.

• Like 1

Using this mod, can you create a keybind that does two things? (I.e. a keybind for the F-14 where you can flick both jettison switches for the tanks with only one keypress)

-Tinkerer, Certified F-14 and AIM-54 Nut | Discord: @dsplayer

Setup: i7-8700k, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB 3066Mhz, Lots of Storage, Saitek/Logitech X56 HOTAS, TrackIR + TrackClipPro
Modules: F-14, F/A-18, JF-17, F-16C, Mirage 2000C, FC3, F-5E, Mi-24P, AJS-37, AV-8B, A-10C II, AH-64D, MiG-21bis, F-86F, MiG-19P, P-51D, Mirage F1, L-39, C-101, SA342M, Ka-50 III, Supercarrier, F-15E
Maps: Caucasus, Marianas, South Atlantic, Persian Gulf, Syria, Nevada

Mods I've Made: F-14 Factory Clean Cockpit Mod | Modern F-14 Weapons Mod | Iranian F-14 Weapons Pack | F-14B Nozzle Percentage Mod + Label Fix | AIM-23 Hawk Mod for F-14 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm too stupid for this. I installed all the stuff (injector and community key binds) as described on GitHub. Enabled injector logging and log file tells me all is merged (or something like that) but it doesn't turn up as a category in the DCS control setup.

The modded files you create should be in Saved Games and the mod itself in the DCS install folder.

Do you have that set correctly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Yes, I OvGME the mod in the main game directory and the definition files in save games. 

In the log file I can see that the "injector" works but as I understand it, there should be in the control config tab a own category, which doesn't show up, for no aircraft. 

I don't know where I did a wrong turn. 

Installed / uninstalled / installed again, put files a couple of times in the safe game. 

Yes, I OvGME the mod in the main game directory and the definition files in save games. 

In the log file I can see that the "injector" works but as I understand it, there should be in the control config tab a own category, which doesn't show up, for no aircraft. 

I don't know where I did a wrong turn. 

Installed / uninstalled / installed again, put files a couple of times in the safe game. 
Hi! Do you have an example of a module?
It works for me as far as I can see, (added options for flaps lever for my TM WH in the Mig-19), but the category doesn't show.
Cheers!

My next guess is that there’s a syntax error in your Saved Games files. I had numerous ones that took me a while to track down, mostly involving square or curly brackets.

• Like 1

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Like I said, I might be too dumb to understand how this is suppose to work. 

Until now, I have no idea how to "write" a custom keybind. 

I installed the community keybind found on github in hope that I find something useful which I don't even know missing yet. 

That community one was the source of a lot of syntax errors in my case.

I’m not at home now, but later on I would have no problem posting my files for you to try out.

• Like 2

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Like I said, I might be too dumb to understand how this is suppose to work. 

Until now, I have no idea how to "write" a custom keybind. 
I installed the community keybind found on github in hope that I find something useful which I don't even know missing yet. 

Get Notepad++, unless you have it already.
I assume you downloaded and added the folder structure in Saved Games.
In that structure, open the folder for the module you are expected changes for, and open the joystick.lua for that module.
Yeah, it's all code, but I'm sure you can figure out what's added to the module.
That said. If the file is 1K, no changes are added to it. Maybe that's why nothing shows. Just a wild guess really, and apologies if I totally miss your point.
Cheers!

1 hour ago, RogueSqdn said:

That community one was the source of a lot of syntax errors in my case.

I’m not at home now, but later on I would have no problem posting my files for you to try out.

That would be nice. I would mainly be interested in F-14 stuff if you got, but every "confirmed" file would do, too see if it works. 

Sorry I didn't have time yesterday, but here they are.  Place each in your appropriate OvGME folders.

InputCommands.zip

• Like 1

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

I checked and it looks like it worked right from the beginning in the way it is supposed to be. What made me think that it didn't is this picture from the GitHub page

113183515-75dbfb00-9297-11eb-965a-492fd9

I was looking for that category, but it never showed up. Now I checked the possible bindings for the Tomcat and found a lot that weren't there before the mod.

So, it looks like I can start to build a test panel for my dreamed off VR pit.

Thanks for the help @RogueSqdn and @MAXsenna for pointing me in the right direction.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

How can one structure the Mi-24P folders now after update so it works? Thanks!

EDITED

I found it!
In the entry.lua it says the folders for the input should be called Mi_24_pilot (or the rest... "operator" is "op" I think)

qqqqqqq.jpg

aaaaa.jpg

Edited by zaelu
found the correct syntax name
  • Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least