Infantry Models

Proxen

I know it's probably not a priority, but you know, I'd say the buses weren't either and here we are.

Gazelle Gunner:

image.png

USA Infantry M4:

image.png

I'd be happy with a mere model swap between those two to be honest. I know, easier said than done, but come on, it can't be harder than the bus model upgrades, right?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

There's already an updated model in the game files, been there for at least couple of years now:

KsRU5lz.png

Not sure what's keeping ED from doing the last ~2% of work necessary to get it ingame, I guess there isn't a popular demand for it...

But IIRC, Suntsag made it available with his NATO mod

Edited by Eight Ball
  • Like 2

hace 2 horas, Eight Ball dijo:

There's already an updated model in the game files, been there for at least couple of years now:

KsRU5lz.png

Not sure what's keeping ED from doing the last ~2% of work necessary to get it ingame, I guess there isn't a popular demand for it...

But IIRC, Suntsag made it available with his NATO mod

It's actually in there as the Georgian Soldier M4 IIRC. Still not quite as good looking as the Gazelle Gunner IMHO.

DCS has actually:

Old Models (require redone).

- Russian Infantry, parachute, parachute RPG

- Insurgence Sa-18, Insurgence Stinger

- Georgian soldier

- Us Infantry, Us machinegunner, Us Stinger

New Models

- WW2 Us Parachute Soldier

- WW2 German Axis infantry Soldier

- WW2 UK Infantry soldier

- Insurgence soldier

- Supercarrier Crew

- Kutnesov Crew ?

The Gazelle gunner has outside from infantry soldier models.

• Like 1

hace 1 hora, Eight Ball dijo:

No, it's a different model

Just checked and although similar it is indeed a different model. My bad!

hace 53 minutos, Silver_Dragon dijo:

DCS has actually:

- Georgian soldier

New Models

- Insurgence soldier

- Supercarrier Crew

- Kutnesov Crew ?

How difficult would it be to transform the Gazelle Gunner to a regular infantry unit? It looks way better and more in line to what a current day US soldier would look like, I think.

27 minutes ago, Proxen said:

How difficult would it be to transform the Gazelle Gunner to a regular infantry unit? It looks way better and more in line to what a current day US soldier would look like, I think.

Polychop would have to do it.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

1 hour ago, Proxen said:

Just checked and although similar it is indeed a different model. My bad!

You need improve them all infantry animations, and put them as infantry with propper luas on a "Polychop pack", the same situations can be with the future Kiowa pilots. If they plan to make them. Not sure if ED has making changes on infantry with the Supercarrier crew, but not bad to improve complex animations.

hace 1 hora, joey45 dijo:

Polychop would have to do it.

Could be a nice addition for a relatively easy task. Look at Deka and the China Assets pack. Sure, it's just a sub and a couple ships, but it's free and they keep upgrading it from time to time. I just think it would be nice to have at least one high detailed infantry unit that's not attached to an helicopter.

Edited by Proxen

21 hours ago, Silver_Dragon said:

DCS has actually:

- Georgian soldier

New Models

- Insurgence soldier

- Supercarrier Crew

- Kutnesov Crew ?

Is there any chance that ED could make some dedicated AT troops armed with ATGMs? Such as the M47 Dragon and its Russian/NATO counterparts?

• Like 1

Right now it's fair to say we only have the bare bones of a ground force... There are so very many things I'd love to see, not just in terms of units but also the structures they inhabit:

- sandbag fortifications - the kind you'd see making up an ISAF base in Afghanistan

- watchtowers (and varieties of them) that actually have people inside and don't magically fire

- MG bunkers

- any other alternative to the "barracks armed" or "house armed"

- trenches and foxholes

- many more military buildings in general

And that's before you even get into ground unit variety and the AI associated with them (the day they learn to take cover... that is the day). There's a lot of work to do, but I'm sure they'll get there eventually.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

Am 6.5.2021 um 10:18 schrieb LooseSeal:

Im Moment ist es fair zu sagen, dass wir nur die nackten Knochen einer Bodenkraft haben... Es gibt so viele Dinge, die ich gerne sehen würde, nicht nur in Bezug auf Einheiten, sondern auch die Strukturen, die sie bewohnen:

- Sandsackbefestigungen - die Art, die Sie sehen würden, die einen ISAF-Stützpunkt in Afghanistan machen würde

- Wachtürme (und Sorten von ihnen), die tatsächlich Menschen im Inneren haben und nicht magisch feuern

- MG-Bunker

- jede andere Alternative zu den "Kasernen bewaffnet" oder "Haus bewaffnet"

- Gräben und Fuchslöcher

- viele weitere Militärgebäude im Allgemeinen

Und das ist, bevor Sie überhaupt in Bodeneinheit Vielfalt und die KI mit ihnen verbunden zu bekommen (der Tag, den sie lernen, Deckung zu nehmen... das ist der Tag). Es gibt eine Menge Arbeit zu tun, aber ich bin sicher, dass sie es irgendwann schaffen werden.

+1