Strange bug in regards to all missions in any aircraft.

Sabre65

Hello,

I'm new here, but not to DCS World.

My father loves DCS World but one thing pretty much takes away his ability to do many missions that require a hot jet.

His game, regardless if it's in the air or on the ground hot setting, is ALWAYS cold and dark.

For example, we start him in the air for a quick mission, cold and dark jet.

Instant action on the catapult??? Cold and dark jet.

I was able to help him get setup since his DCS download was incomplete.

It didn't even have a Run.exe program. As far as I know it doesn't have an updater.exe but I can check with him.

He's reinstalled twice to my knowledge but the problem persists.

What do you guys think it is?

Should I just tell him to raise a ticket?

Or, since my DCS is doing well, just transfer some main files over to him?

Thanks everyone,
Sabre65

Wait, cold and dark, in the air?  I guess that's one way to add a bit of urgency to the start-up checklist.

• Like 1

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

1 minute ago, Lace said:

Wait, cold and dark, in the air?  I guess that's one way to add a bit of urgency to the start-up checklist.

Yes, literally blows my mind. 

Couldn't believe it

Get Skatezilla's updater GUI.
Makes it a little easier to repair/update etc.
Also check if DCS is setup in game mode and if "sync with HOOTAS" is checked.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic?url=https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/134493-the-dcs-updater-gui-utility/&share_tid=134493&share_fid=74365&share_type=t&link_source=app

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Also check if DCS is setup in game mode and if "sync with HOOTAS" is checked.

That's a good shout actually.  There have been a coupe of occasions when I have air-started in the Viper with the battery switch off.  I guess if the throttle had an ICO detent that could kill the motor too.

• Like 1

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.