Civilian Objects And Vehicles

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Some are already planned, I'll see what I can do for others. But like I've already said, russian vehicles are pretty hard to come by. I do have a few russian trucks and cars but they're much older (from the 60s I'd say) and unfortunately, no lada niva or riva 🤷‍♂️

21 hours ago, Morpheus said:

No change, it happens when "touching" the ship, as soon as I take off (few centimeters) fps come back to normal

Ok, here's an even more simplified collision model, I got rid of the collision for the safety nets/fences around the helipad and redid the deck underneath/around the pad.

It's pretty hard for me to test this issue because I'm not experiencing it. With the simplified collision model I've shared yesterday, my FPS went from 60 to 57 when I'm on the pad, if it wasn't for the FPS counter I wouldn't notice.

collision v3

15 hours ago, prccowboy said:

maybe need to tie the collision model to the lua and define the helipad

I don't really understand, what do you mean by this?

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Eight Ball said:

It's pretty hard for me to test this issue because I'm not experiencing it. With the simplified collision model I've shared yesterday, my FPS went from 60 to 57 when I'm on the pad, if it wasn't for the FPS counter I wouldn't notice.

That's why I asked the question: is there someone wich has same problem, may be it's on my side ?

I try your collision V3 asap 😉

FOX-2 2021_ED_1.PNG

Some of those big KamAZ trucks in race livery would be cool too... Set up a mission in the ME where you are following a stage of the Dakar in a Mi-8/UH-1 support chopper or something along those lines.

These assets open up so many fun possibilities. Nuking sh!te from space gets tiresome after a while.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Eight Ball said:

I don't really understand, what do you mean by this?

AFAIK, you are missing the lua code that defines how the ship takes damage/collides with other objects (i.e. helicopter skids). This is typically the section starting with "GT.DM =" 

Also, I suggest in this section you include (for this specific model)

area_name = "0.Collision_Helipad",  belongsToRunway = true

to allow proper interaction between helicopter/harrier/etc. with the helipad area

I posted a similar comment to another ship mod's thread; but it's just my 2 cents. if it works for you without then no worries.

8 hours ago, Eight Ball said:

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Some are already planned, I'll see what I can do for others. But like I've already said, russian vehicles are pretty hard to come by. I do have a few russian trucks and cars but they're much older (from the 60s I'd say) and unfortunately, no lada niva or riva 🤷‍♂️

Got you a Lada Riva and some options for the Lada Niva SUV:

Also a good Toyota HiLux I'd love to see and repaint.

9 hours ago, Morpheus said:

That's why I asked the question: is there someone wich has same problem, may be it's on my side ?

I try your collision V3 asap 😉

I have the same problem. On the landing pad 7 FPS. Flying around 60 FPS. 

V3 version improves quite a bit, from 7 FPS to 30, but the moment i lift off, i recover fps to 60 again.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

15 hours ago, AvgeekJoe said:

Got a few more models.

First the Lada Niva:

Second there is a VAZ sedan available: 
https://grabcad.com/library/vaz-2103-1

Edited by AvgeekJoe
Broken link

21 hours ago, prccowboy said:

AFAIK, you are missing the lua code that defines how the ship takes damage/collides with other objects (i.e. helicopter skids). This is typically the section starting with "GT.DM ="

Oh, I see. Althought it is my understanding that these lines in the .lua are solely for the new damage model, allowing some parts of the ship to be swapped with damaged/destroyed parts. All the newer ships (handy wind, arleigh burke, etc) have them and you can play around with the associated args in the model viewer. But none of the older ships (tanker Elnya, Ticonderoga, etc) have them so I do not think these play a role in how the ship collides with other objects. I'll give it a shot, though. Thanks for the explanation! 

17 hours ago, Esac_mirmidon said:

I have the same problem. On the landing pad 7 FPS. Flying around 60 FPS. 

V3 version improves quite a bit, from 7 FPS to 30, but the moment i lift off, i recover fps to 60 again.

Thanks for the feedback! Good to know there's an improvement but I'm running out of things to simplify back there. I'll do my best.

19 hours ago, AvgeekJoe said:

4 hours ago, AvgeekJoe said:

Got a few more models.

First the Lada Niva:

Second there is a VAZ sedan available: 
https://grabcad.com/library/vaz-2103-1

Thanks for the links!

Lada Riva: a bit bare bone but I can give it a shot.

Option 1: same link as the Lada Riva?

Option 2: there's no download link unfortunately 😕

Option 3: I actually already have that one, althought I saved it as "UAZ Pickup" and was planning to include it in pack with a few other military vehicles. After everything else tho.

Toyota Hilux: 400k is a LOT of triangles (to give you an idea, ED's new BTR-80 is 200k triangles) and it's completely empty on the inside. I already have quite a few pickups (beside the Nissan and the gmc pickup I've already released, I've got a Ford F150, a chevy silverado, a 2018 Nissan frontier and a couple of fictionnal but realistic SUVs)

Option 4: Seems like the model wasn't made for video games. Beside Blender not recognizing the format, it doesnt have any textures, no UVs and interior. Lots of work to get ingame and IMHO not worth it since I already quite a few 4x4 and in much more "workable" state.

Option 5: it's just a bull bar 😁

Option 6&7: typically the kind of website I avoid. No author is credited and no licenses are provided. I browsed the site a bit and came across models from Hum3D which are definitely not free. That's a no-go for me.

14 hours ago, bruddy32 said:

Awesome pack!!! Is there a possibility to get a "non sinking" variant the sinking tanker? Would be great for PG Missions

Sure. I kept it out because it's not as pretty as the other ships. In the meantime you can open one of the sinking ship lua (i.e "sinking_tanker_3" located in ".../Civilian Assets Pack - Navy v1.0\Database\CAP Ships") and comment out line 44 and 45 (simply adding a couple of "-" in front of it)

So, change this:

GT.animation_arguments.radar1_rotation = 13; -- Top Radar
GT.radar1_period = 3600;

to this:

--GT.animation_arguments.radar1_rotation = 13; -- Top Radar
--GT.radar1_period = 3600;

And you should have a working tanker.

Edited by Eight Ball
  • Thanks 3

That's a clever solution to make ships sinking.

Make them rotate as a radar !!!

Edited by Esac_mirmidon
  • Like 1

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

I know it's a hard job dealing with all these requests on new vehicles ect, but it would be nice too i think with updating the ones we already have with more different liveries. 

Like for example the Carrier deck vehicles which are still only in static, but would be nice if they were drivable as well. The basic modules are already there, just needs to get some moving parts.

Same issue than Morpheus:

Landing on the gas tanker ship with the Huey, in the Batumi Habour is impossible. Ultra massive drop of FPS.

Strangely I havn't big drop of FPS when landing on the Grebeni island heliport platform, despite all the polygons and details you've included (garbage, half empty swimming pool with stagnant dirty water).

What a big work you've made !!!

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

Thanks for the feedback, here's another version: collision v4, with this one I get steady 60FPS with no dips.

If that doesn't solve the issue then the problem is probably not with the collision mesh. In this case, could you try to place the ship as a static object, land on it and see if the FPS drop is as severe?

Edited by Eight Ball
  • Thanks 1

On 12/19/2021 at 4:44 PM, RWC said:

I know it's a hard job dealing with all these requests on new vehicles ect, but it would be nice too i think with updating the ones we already have with more different liveries. 

Like for example the Carrier deck vehicles which are still only in static, but would be nice if they were drivable as well. The basic modules are already there, just needs to get some moving parts.

I've already made quite a few civilian liveries for the Landrover 109, the kamaz truck and the UAZ. I also made a fire dept. livery pack.

Regarding the carrier deck vehicles, what you suggest is impossible, unfortunately. It would require editing the 3D model. Not allowed by ED and can't do it in Blender anyway.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Eight Ball said:

Thanks for the feedback, here's another version: collision v4, with this one I get steady 60FPS with no dips.

If that doesn't solve the issue then the problem is probably not with the collision mesh. In this case, could you try to place the ship as a static object, land on it and see if the FPS drop is as severe?

Thank you, will try 👍

FOX-2 2021_ED_1.PNG

Absolutly better for me with your fix.

Don't change anything, it's perfect now !

Thanks !

• Like 1

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

1 hour ago, rato65 said:

This is so cool. It seems you are bringing NFS (Need for speed) into DCS? 🙂 VERY good idea 😆

If so, it'd be nice to see and these are all suggestions from a menu where two or three would be awesome like at least a few Ford Mustangs and BMW 3 Series and Jaguar Xjs of any series and Mitsubishi Pajero/Montero SUVs would be rad.  Anything Mercedes is OK, too.  Figure those cars would be seen all over NATO bases and kept in good condition for decades after manufacture.  If you must, add Toyota Corollas or Nissan Z-cars for the Western Pacific map.

I already suggested Soviet/Russian cars.  There is a good blog site about popular Georgian cars for the Caucuses map though.  Be nice to see a QVR since that's locally made. 

With that: Anything that comes out of this, I'm going to be very happy and ecstatic about!

Edited by AvgeekJoe
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...