Civilian Objects And Vehicles

So nice to read you again over here Eight Ball.

Thanks for your kind work releasing top nocht mods. ( Sea King , coof, coof....hint ....hint )

Edited by Esac_mirmidon
  • Like 4

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Thanks for the kind words everyone,

I've decided to  proceed with the release of the Seaking since it's in an usable state already. It's neither as polished nor as complete as I orginally intended but it works.

I'm doing a "low profile" release so I can focus on the ship pack and I'll revisit the Seaking later.

Seaking Pack v0.5

There are 3 variants (Sikorksy SH-3A & SH-3H and Westland Mk48) as well as 2 static ones with folded rotor and tail to place on a carrier deck (SH-3H and Mk48)

For some reason I couldn't get the liveries to work with the AI SH-3A or the static Westland variant. No idea why, I'll investigate later but if anyone has a clue, please let me know.

EDIT: Eddie came up with a quick fix for this issue, it will be integrated into the pack but in the meantime have a look here

In the mission editor, the AI Seaking can be found under the helicopter tab (it should appear at the very bottom of the list)
The static object variant can be found under Static Object -> Structures -> "Static - Seaking"

Credits :

Original 3D model and UK livery by Julialt (CGTrader)
US Pilot 3D model by CombatSystem3D (CGTrader)
US Navy Liveries by Gunslinger22
German Navy livery by Neo47
Belgian Coast Guard livery by Eightball
Special thanks to Admiral189 and CrazyEddie for allowing me to use their AW-101 as a template, to Backy51 for helping me with the lua as well as Tobi for the Blender exporter.

QoQICS5.png

Z1wbgTb.png

jfLqR4P.png

YgNxlCN.png

JsLG787.png

Edited by Eight Ball
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 13

Super Sea King Eightball, well done mate, this is excellent workmanship.

I'll have a close look at the Liveries issues and see if I can figure it out for you, should not be too difficult.  Might take me a bit of time, I'm recovering from Spinal surgery and cant spend more than a few minutes at my PC at the moment, but could not resist have a good look at this beauty, seriously impressed I am. 👍

• Like 3

1 hour ago, crazyeddie said:

I'm recovering from Spinal surgery and cant spend more than a few minutes at my PC at the moment

Sad to hear, wish you a troublefree recovery 🙏

• Like 6

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

okay, I think I see the problems, one is easy to fix, the other cant be fixed the way it is set up currently, I dont think.

You need to add another folder to the Liveries folder for the : seaking_sikorsky_sh_3a ; and put any new skins for the 3a version in there.  Remember to change True to False in the description.lua if you include the actual skin in the new skin folder. 

The statics are a different issue. There isnt a way to change the skins on Building Structures, the game will not let you do it. I have been asking ED for YEARS to change that to no avail.  So, if its nominated as a Fortification in the lua all you will get is the default skin.  I never did find a way around that much as I tried. 

Admiral and I found this when we did the Merlin so what we did was change our folded version to a flyable, just like a normal model, with a normal flayable lua - so technically if you tried to fly our Merlin folded it will fly just like the normal version - daft, but there you are.   That does work. 

Just make sure you name it as a Folded Type in the "Display Name" so that people know what they are getting.

PS:  You will need to create 2 versions, 1 for the Sikorsky and another for the Westland, that should overcome any conflicts. 

Edited by crazyeddie
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, crazyeddie said:

Super Sea King Eightball, well done mate, this is excellent workmanship.

I'll have a close look at the Liveries issues and see if I can figure it out for you, should not be too difficult.  Might take me a bit of time, I'm recovering from Spinal surgery and cant spend more than a few minutes at my PC at the moment, but could not resist have a good look at this beauty, seriously impressed I am. 👍

Hi! i wish you a quick and troublefree recovery. As already stated, DCS will be here waiting for you and even better than it was.

Thank you for everything you do for the community.

Stay safe.

Best regards from Portugal,

F.

• Like 1

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

If you wait a few days, possibly less, I will post new files to change the statics over to flyables with new liveries folders, I have got it working but it needs a bit of work to correct the static lua's, height off the ground etc etc, and a couple of other small things, instead of the statics showing up as structures they will now show up as static helo's, with liveries. 

• Like 2

Nice to see you back @Eight Ball. Have you missed to add the IRINA textures?

@crazyeddieshould i provide a easy fix for the statics till you get your hands on it? And get well soon!

He is fast 😄 👍

Screen_221015_172200.png

Edited by Neo47
  • Like 4

Regards / Grüße

Neo

-- Core i7 2600 @4,5 GHz | ASRock P67 Professional | 16 GB RAM | GeForce RTX 2070 | SB X-Fi | 250 GB SSD + 1 GB SSD + 2 TB HD | WIN 10 Pro | TM Warthog | VPC WarBRD base | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip | WINWING F/A-18 H.O.T.A.S | MFG Crosswind | TIR5 | HELIOS --

3 hours ago, Neo47 said:

Have you missed to add the IRINA textures?

Apparently I forgot to tell you to tell you I couldn't open the zip files you sent me. It throws an error everytime 😐

6 hours ago, crazyeddie said:

There isnt a way to change the skins on Building Structures

Thanks a lot the help, mate! I hope you get better soon.

It doesn't really matter now but you can actually change the liveries for static objects.

i.e. FARP tent

bLK7ORm.jpg

And it worked with the US variant of the seaking too

YAz82cs.jpg

Anyway, I'll integrate your fixes as soon I get my hands on the Iranian liveries and post an update.

I'll also post a paintkit ASAP.

Thank you all for the help.

Edited by Eight Ball
  • Like 2

really nice mod, thanks a lot!

Screen_221017_133511.pngScreen_221017_134643.png

• Like 5

Modules: F-14A/B | M-2000C | AJS-37 | Mi-24P F/A-18C | A-10C II | F-16C | UH-1H | F-5E | Mi-8 | FC 3 | AV-8B | A-4E | Gazelle | Ka-50 | Yak-52 | CE2

Maps: Syria | Marianas | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Caucasus

Setup: Virpil WarBRD Base & VFX TM Warthog | Arozzi Velocita Stand | Monstertech Mount | MFG Crosswind | Cougar MFDs | VRInsight Panel | JetSeat 908 | TrackIR

WIP...

Screen_221018_163111.png

• Like 10

Regards / Grüße

Neo

-- Core i7 2600 @4,5 GHz | ASRock P67 Professional | 16 GB RAM | GeForce RTX 2070 | SB X-Fi | 250 GB SSD + 1 GB SSD + 2 TB HD | WIN 10 Pro | TM Warthog | VPC WarBRD base | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip | WINWING F/A-18 H.O.T.A.S | MFG Crosswind | TIR5 | HELIOS --

Somebody asked for these so here they are, earlier than I intended. I normally like to see the Mod finished before I do stuff for it but I do like this Sea King so started on it last week:

Known issues -

The 845 Sqn Sea King is the wrong model, The RN Cdo Version has a simpler wheel arrangement and several other differences, so I had to fit things around what I had and the Sikorsky version fitted the need better than the Westland.  Likewise the Westland Rescue versions are also different models so again I fitted things to the model as best I could, sliding doors in a different place etc etc etc - its all a bit of a compromise. 

There is a bit of stretching on the model so some lettering appears a bit distorted in places, my software could not correct for that, sorry.   

I DO NOT KNOW HOW YOUR GAME IS SET UP, and there is no point in telling me - So if you have issues with either the flying or the static versions I suggest you check a livery that does work  and compare the description.lus in that livery to what I have done and make any changes that might be required.  This came about because some of the mod liveries did not work and I made a huge change to the mod to get it to work they way I prefer it, in that process I changed the description.lua's on some liveries to get them to work.

There are a couple of different liveries for each one, with a generic unmarked if you want to do your own.

Screen-221020-152826.png

Screen-221020-153159.png

Screen-221020-153217.png

Screen-221020-153208.png

Screen-221020-153308.png

Screen-221021-091056.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ximab4bghwo8myw/CrazyEddies Livereies for Eightballs Sea King.zip?dl=0

Edited by crazyeddie
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Spanish Armada Sea King......

02(799).jpg

Someone ? XDDDDDD

Edited by Esac_mirmidon
  • Like 2

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4