Civilian Objects And Vehicles

3 hours ago, Eight Ball said:

@corbu1Thanks!

V2.0 is up 🙂 see first post

I'm also running a small server to showcase the pack

image.png

Required mods are v2.0 of my asset pack, the AH-6j and UH-60L

Available aircraft are: all the default helos + AH-6j and the UH-60L, the CE II and the yak-52. No weapons, no jets

Can you point me to the AH-6j Download?

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

So far i really love the nautical pack! One small thing that imo. could really be an awesome addition to it would be some somali style pirate skiffs and fishing vessels.

They would make the pack a one stop shop for all the antipiracy mission assets you would need.

@Eight Ball Very cool from what I could see so far. 

There is a construction ship that builds a wind turbine, but no complete separate wind turbines, correct? Would be very cool if you could add a operational wind turbine as asset, so that we can build a wind power plant.

• Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

Dee-eee-ecent! That's incredible. Driving a ship in DCS from 1st person is a dream come true. Thank you!

• Like 2

Modules: AH-64D, Mi-24P, UH-1H, F-14, F-18C, CA, SC    Terrains: Sinai, Strait of Hormuz, Syria    -    Wishlist: Desert Storm map, 1950s Sinai, Navy Phantom, A-6, Mirage F1EQ, AH-64A, MiG-17/23/25/29, dynamic campaign, live/historical weather - Social credit score: -20

10 hours ago, MRTX said:

pirate skiffs and fishing vessels

Yup, it's on the to-do list. Next update add a few not so civilian ships: the resupply ship, pirate skiffs and a PBR MkII 🙂

9 hours ago, uboats said:

is the ship still drivable in 2.8?

Yes. Never had any drivable ship before 2.8 actually. They are under the ground units --> unarmed category, though.

8 hours ago, Hiob said:

but no complete separate wind turbines, correct?

1 hour ago, rato65 said:

I have one. Will post it

There are already 4 in the game, from Razbam 😉

Under static object --> structures : Offshore wind turbine 1 & 2 and wind turbine 1 & 2

2 hours ago, 79Au said:

Driving a ship in DCS from 1st person is a dream come true. Thank you!

You're welcome. They are not the most manoeuvrable tho. If you need to manoeuver to leave a harbor I would advise staying below 10 km/h.

Given enough time they can go unrealisticly fast (around 80km/h) but I decided to leave it because it's still a snail's pace compared to what we're used to in DCS. And simply because you can go that fast doesn't mean you have to 🙂

They also all have the ability to navigate on lakes and rivers

Edited by Eight Ball
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sorry, my fault. Wrong values in the .lua

drop this one in "\Civilian Assets Pack - Navy v2.0\Database\CAP Ships" and overwrite

Can't get him to engage other ships tho, just helos. And he's pretty terrible at it...

:wallbash:

somali_trawler_armed.lua

Edited by Eight Ball
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Eight Ball said:

There are already 4 in the game, from Razbam 😉

Under static object --> structures : Offshore wind turbine 1 & 2 and wind turbine 1 & 2

Not able to find them here... maybe my 2.7 Version is too old. But if from Razbam - are they in the South Atlantic Scenery or are they free available? Cant find an info so far...

12 minutes ago, rato65 said:

Not able to find them here... maybe my 2.7 Version is too old. But if from Razbam - are they in the South Atlantic Scenery or are they free available? Cant find an info so far...

Can't say for sure when they were added. They are part of the SA assets but I think those are available for everyone?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eight Ball said:

Sorry, my fault. Wrong values in the .lua

drop this one in "\Civilian Assets Pack - Navy v2.0\Database\CAP Ships" and overwrite

Can't get him to engage other ships tho, just helos. And he's pretty terrible at it...

:wallbash:

somali_trawler_armed.lua 3.23 kB · 7 downloads

Thanks Eight-ball for the speedy fix. Hopefully you will work out how to make the pirates actually pirate things on the sea - they'd suck at pirating helos. 😉

44 minutes ago, rato65 said:

20 minutes ago, Eight Ball said:

Can't say for sure when they were added. They are part of the SA assets but I think those are available for everyone?

Those four wind turbines were added in patch 2.7.15 .26783 ob on 22/Jun./2022 ,
and usable by everyone as Eight Ball said.

Its stable release date was unknown (changelog is missing), but at least 08/Sep./2022's 2.7.17 .29493 should have them.
(Or 04/Aug./2022's 2.7.16 .28157 might)

Screen_221124_074825.jpg

• Like 2

Modules: A-10C/II, F-5E, F-14A/B, F-15E, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, FC3, Ka-50-2/3, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, SA342, Mi-24P, AH-64D, P-51D
Maps: Nevada, PG, Syria, SA, Sinai, Channel, Normandy2.0      Assets etc.: CA, Sc, WW2AP
Mods and Skins in User Files: files/filter/user-is-western0221/ 

Screen_221018_005618c.jpg

1 hour ago, Raviar said:

Love your work, I am heavily using this mod, great work, well done

Glad to hear that 🙂

---------------

I've updated the first post and added a link to v2.1 which contains the new lua for the armed trawler. It's the only difference with 2.0 so you don't need to redownload the mod if you have that version, just grab the new lua (also linked in the 1st post)

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Vine_dog said:

I have two ship models that I havent been able to free up the time to get to developing
SA'AR 6 and Hertz 4

would you be interested in taking them on?

I dont really have any experience - and much interest - with armed ships. I also have dozens more vehicles I need to release before taking on any new project.

I'm not saying "no" but you might be better off trying with somebody else (Admiral?)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, western_JPN said:

Those four wind turbines were added in patch 2.7.15 .26783 ob on 22/Jun./2022 ,
and usable by everyone as Eight Ball said.

Thanks! I checked these out and IMO they seem a little small, at least the offshore ones. I posted mine over here

Will check them together with @Eight Ball's wind construction vessel asap.... 🙂

• Thanks 1