Civilian Objects And Vehicles

Thank you for this, civilian boats are missing in DCS like cruise ships 

Not entirety true!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Thanks for the support, hopefully the wait will be worth it.

I'm almost done with the ships, I've hit a small speed bump with the collision meshes but thanks to Admiral now it's fixed.

If everything goes according to the plan they should be ready this weekend.

I'm also updating/upgrading the previous vehicles I released, starting with the airport service vehicles

On 11/22/2021 at 2:17 PM, Rudel_chw said:

Honestly, I prefer one single Pack, as it is easier for end users to download and install just a single larger Mod rather than two or three when a mission I edit uses these assets. 

I know that the idea of smaller packs looks atractive at first sight, but once you start using the assets on your missions you will quickly realize that it's better a single CAP

I agree with you but I'd like to keep it modular. Since there's a bit of everything in these packs some people might not be interested by all of them. And it allows me to release them once they are ready (very soon for some, a few weeks away for others)

So I think the best way to make everyone happy is to provide download links for each pack as well as a link for a big pack regrouping all of them.

But everyones input and suggestions are always welcome

Edited by Eight Ball
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 4

7 minutes ago, Eight Ball said:

So I think the best way to make everyone happy is to provide download links for each pack as well as a link for a big pack regrouping all of them.

Great idea 👍 thanks a lot for all you have shared with the DCS community 🙂

• Like 4

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

4 hours ago, Eight Ball said:

Hey @Eight Ball, first thank you for your hard work.  Second I like your idea above a lot as I am working on a campaign and will weave in your stuff.

Third, any chance of a list of coming attractions please?

Fourth, any way to please donate to your continuing work like say 3 December?  Like maybe in return for requests...  Thanks!

• Like 1

Sunday already, uh...

The night lighting, the last item on the list for the release of the ships, is a bit more tedious than I expected. I thought it'd be done within a hour...I've only made the offshore supply ship so far but I think the other ones will be more straight forward (gosh, I hope so). Good thing is while I was looking into the game files to see how it was done, I found out how to add the new wake animation and I finally figured how to use the LODs system.

CfPHfDa.jpg

J9bubuZ.png

UcyQm3s.png

cD9bCJx.png

On 11/26/2021 at 11:39 PM, AvgeekJoe said:

Third, any chance of a list of coming attractions please?

Fourth, any way to please donate to your continuing work like say 3 December?  Like maybe in return for requests...  Thanks!

No comprehensive list I'm afraid, I've already shown a good chunk of what is coming and I'd like to keep a few surprises. Every unit is prefixed with "CAP" so it'll be easy to find them in the mission editor. Regarding donations, maybe at a later point but not tied to request tho, I want to play it fair and square with the original authors of these models.

@Mitch Yes, drivers are planned for the ground vehicles.

Edited by Eight Ball
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 7

3 hours ago, Eight Ball said:

UcyQm3s.png

cD9bCJx.png

Oh myyy...

You've just re-invigorated my desires for mission creation... some really cool scenarios can be built around this ship...

I really appreciate the work you guys put into creating and maintaining these mods. It can't be easy and a bit of a drag some days.

Patreon when? Or better yet - become official asset creators or something so you can be compensated properly.  🙂

Edited by reece146
  • Like 1

On 11/26/2021 at 7:28 PM, Eight Ball said:

Thanks for the support, hopefully the wait will be worth it.

I'm almost done with the ships, I've hit a small speed bump with the collision meshes but thanks to Admiral now it's fixed.

If everything goes according to the plan they should be ready this weekend.

I'm also updating/upgrading the previous vehicles I released, starting with the airport service vehicles

I agree with you but I'd like to keep it modular. Since there's a bit of everything in these packs some people might not be interested by all of them. And it allows me to release them once they are ready (very soon for some, a few weeks away for others)

all your mods are great stuff, but please do not forget to add some red soviet/coldwar era hardware and heavy metal. . . that would be also a great addition! keep up the amazing work and thank you very much for sharing!!!!

• Like 1

So...hum...more delays...but also more upcoming content for the pack 🙃

A wee bit more patience, it will pay off in the end.

6F1K362.png

ntYjZ2W.png

On 11/28/2021 at 5:45 PM, flanker1 said:

all your mods are great stuff, but please do not forget to add some red soviet/coldwar era hardware and heavy metal. . . that would be also a great addition!

There just aren't that many russian vehicles on the websites I use (Sketchfab and CGtrader). Most often either the quality is too low or the price is too high. I'm always looking though so if I find anything interesting I will add it.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

• 2 weeks later...

The pack is in the hands of a few testers now, so far no game breaking issues have been found. Shouldn't be long before it's ready.

Trust me, nobody wants to release this pack more than I do. I've been at it every day for nearly 3 weeks now, I'm quite sick of it lol

Edited by Eight Ball
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4

Agree much! Ready to wait for whatever time it takes.. The quality of your mods are such that the wait is very much worth. Take your time, and appreciate all the good work you are doing to bring civilian assets to DCS. I'm writing this watching merchant ships sail out of the port in my hometown, and I can't be more excited to have some of those maritime assets in DCS, which you have shown in your screenshots and videos. Thank you!

• Like 2

It's here, finally 🙂

w6XFVZE.png

Download link added to the first post. It's pretty big (1.2Gb) mostly due to the textures for the LNG carrier (a mix of 2k, 4k and 8k textures)

Hope you enjoy.

A glimpse of what is coming next (Maint.Debriefing livery by Neo47):

4pHhOUL.png

Edited by Eight Ball
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 8

Thank you sir! o7

• Like 1

ROG Z690 Hero ● i9-12900K 5.5GHz ● Giggy RTX 3090 OC ● 32GB 4800MHz ● Firecuda M.2s ● Reverb G2 ● Win11Pro //// A10CII ● AH64D ● AJS37 ● AV8BNA ● C101 ● CEII ● F16C ● F5EII ● F86F ● FA18C ● FC3 ● I16 ● KA50 ● M2000C ● MI8 ● P47D ● SA342 ● SPIT ● UH1H ● Y52