Mission 7 and weather

Well, looks like there are too many clouds to employ LGB bombs in mission 7.

With some luck I can try to use them as dumb bombs and do some CCRP bombing (and say goodbye to "precision strike") but I don't think I can do JTAC in that conditions...

Do I miss something? 🤔

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

My Blog (Italian): Notti a (Video)Giocare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

Hi LordOrion,

I agree, that is a little too tough.  Mission 7 is the only one that did not do well with the new weather.  I have submitted updated files for all missions so hopefully it will be available in the next update after today's.

When we get JDAMs with INS/GPS guidance, that would be an interesting mission though.  The most game-changing aspect of the new clouds isn't necessarily the visuals, it is that they extend over the entire map.  The targets in all but the shortest 'instant action' style missions always had clear skies because no clouds were rendered that far away from the starting point.  It is great that cloud cover set by the designer matters now. 

Edited by Bunyap
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@Bunyap Thank you!

This campaing is simply fantastic, the best Red-flag I've played so far in terms of realism.

I hope to see more form you soon.

• Like 1

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

• 1 month later...
On 5/5/2021 at 4:37 PM, Bunyap said:

When we get JDAMs with INS/GPS guidance, that would be an interesting mission though.  The most game-changing aspect of the new clouds isn't necessarily the visuals, it is that they extend over the entire map.  The targets in all but the shortest 'instant action' style missions always had clear skies because no clouds were rendered that far away from the starting point.  It is great that cloud cover set by the designer matters now. 

JDAM are now live... 😜

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

Yes indeed. 🙂  I tried to plan ahead and include coordinates in the correct format in the briefings.  I'll need to verify that though.  One pass on all four DMPIs should be fun.  I am wrapping up another project for the next few weeks but I can't wait to return to this and try it.

• 1 month later...
On 6/25/2021 at 3:57 PM, Bunyap said:

Yes indeed. 🙂  I tried to plan ahead and include coordinates in the correct format in the briefings.  I'll need to verify that though.  One pass on all four DMPIs should be fun.

Ok, eagerly wait for that.

On 6/25/2021 at 3:57 PM, Bunyap said:

I am wrapping up another project for the next few weeks but I can't wait to return to this and try it.

Another campaign? That sounds interesting!

Any more details you can share?

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

• 1 month later...

Have to chime in as well, Taking my time through this Campaign and its another absolute hit Bunyap.  I did career as ground guy so never did redflag real world but lots of Jrtc's amongst other events.  The feeling in this campaign brings me back, hard to describe but it has that feeling down pat.  Well done, and I eagerly await more campaigns from you.

Take Care.

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S