Need a favor, please. CM3 throttle.

I bought a new CM3 throttle this past winter, and I'm just now getting around to setting things up.  As the old saying goes, you don't know, what you don't know.  As I was creating my first couple of profiles, I realized I didn't save the bone stock baseline profile  that shipped with the throttle.  I've somehow lost "mode 1", and I know that if I don't stop now, and reset things to get all five modes back, I'll wish I had, at some point down the road.  

If anyone saved the baseline profile that ships with the CM3, and can post it here, I'd be most appreciative. 🙏

Thanks,

Tim

11 hours ago, pickafivestring said:

I bought a new CM3 throttle this past winter, and I'm just now getting around to setting things up.  As the old saying goes, you don't know, what you don't know.  As I was creating my first couple of profiles, I realized I didn't save the bone stock baseline profile  that shipped with the throttle.  I've somehow lost "mode 1", and I know that if I don't stop now, and reset things to get all five modes back, I'll wish I had, at some point down the road.  

If anyone saved the baseline profile that ships with the CM3, and can post it here, I'd be most appreciative. 🙏

Thanks,

Tim

Just reflash the firmware.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

4 hours ago, Double Dutch said:

hi Tim,

I just bought one, with stock baseline profile, you mean right after calibrating you safe/export that file/settings?

Yes.  I wish I had calibrated, and then saved the profile, but I didn't.  Live and learn I guess.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, pickafivestring said:

Yes.  I wish I had calibrated, and then saved the profile, but I didn't.  Live and learn I guess.  

Thanks, I will make a mental not to do that (it was also mentioned on youtube).

-----

Don't practise till you got it right.

Practise till you don't do it wrong

1 hour ago, imacken said:

Just reflash the firmware.

I thought about that, but I keep seeing these YT videos warning against flashing the firmware unless you absolutely have to.  I guess that would be a last resort of sorts.  

The weird thing about this is the button numbers of my throttle in the mode section of the configuration software.  All the pictures in the software document on Virpils' website, and all the YouTube videos, show mode one thru five to be buttons 67 thru 71.  On my throttle, with the current firmware, and less than two months old, mode one thru five, are buttons 68 thru 72.  If I change the buttons back to 67 thru 71, I lose mode one.  What happens in the latter is when the mode one switch is on one, mode two is selected in the configuration software.  When the mode switch is on mode two, then mode three is selected in the configuration software, and so on, until you select mode five on the hardware, then just button 72 gets selected.

I guess I have a talent for mucking things up.....LOL.

Regards,

Tim

That is strange. 67-71 here. 

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

That's what I said above!  It really is no big deal.  I've done it many, many times!

• Like 1

Me neither!

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/6/2021 at 1:30 PM, pickafivestring said:

I flashed the firmware last night.  Everything is back to factory shipped status.  Pretty simple procedure...not sure why so many people warn against doing it. 

I think it's more that the device ID can change, meaning games won't recognise your bindings and things will get reset. In your case, that doesn't really matter and it was definitely the right option.

• 9 months later...

Lots of good tutorials on You tube. The 50MC3 throttle has huge potential, with 5 modes, and for each mode, you can map all of the buttons on the throttle, but that means taking it out of the factory default. But if you save a copy of the Factory setting, you can export different profiles to file and then change to any one of them in then in less than a minute.  I've had mine for 10 days and am still working through what is available to learn on YT. Thoroughly impressed

Edited by Todd Down

I could never remember all the commands mapped if I mapped buttons with every Mode on the throttle.

Plus DCS button limit is 128. I currently have one command mapped to a button in Mode 2, that is it.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I'm so itching to upgrade to the CM3 Throttle, I absolutely love my CM2 base. 

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

57 minutes ago, Burt said:

I'm so itching to upgrade to the CM3 Throttle, I absolutely love my CM2 base. 

It is a sweet throttle for sure. Been using mine for several months now.

• Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I totally believe in Virpil ! Thanks for the scratch !

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020