Desert / Med camo schemes

I’ve always been keen on the North African and Italian campaign camo schemes...

and we have plenty of arid terrain maps 👍

My question though - we have desert skins for the Spitfire and the Luftwaffe aircraft, but not for the P-47 or P-51...

The Americans seemed to have used desert camo for P-40s, P-38s and US operated Spitfires.  Were the P-47s and P-51s just used in Northern Europe? and therefore wouldn’t have received desert / Med schemes

• Like 1

Pretty sure Lightnings operating over Africa featured standard Olive Drab / Neutral Grey camo... so did the Allison-powered P-51s and A-36s - the only Mustang versions flying there in '43. Later, when Allies got their feet on the northern side of MTO, with Thunderbolts and Merlin-powered Mustang variants appearing, they all sported OD/NG camos as well, later replaced by natural metal finish.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

For the P-47, USAAF Jugs were either bare metal or OD with gray bellies. I saw one museum piece with a desert scheme, but I don't trust coloration of museum pieces or re-colored BW photographs. I mean, no way in hell Lou IV had bright blue camo. 

• Like 1