VR axis in CA finally fixed in 2.7 - thank you ED!

Title says it all. Thanks ED. Now you can land and take the Hummer to drive back to your house.

...Or take a SAM and shoot down other aircraft in VR without getting insta-sick by the inverted up and down axis on the vR headset 🙂

Just gave it a quick test today, looks good so far.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Yes thanks so much!  I have been enjoying just jumping in a jeep and driving around Syria.  The cities are so detailed.  I would love an infantry module - even if it was simplified!  VR is great on the ground.  Hopefully ED gives CA some love.

• Like 1

Will definitely be checking that out.

Amazing how this never made it into the 2.7 release notes.

Thanks ED, have been asking for this for several years!

• Like 1

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

They did not manage to fit the radar overlay / HUDs to the vR view though. You can access some of the symbology via the isometric view. But the radar in the SA 15 remains invisible though. Hope that ED will fix the last remaining issue for vR users.

Its already way too much fun in vR racing in a Hummer around landing aircraft and firing signal flares.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Really?  Why have they not made a bigger fanfare about this fix? Great news, I'll check it out later.

• Like 2

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

This is major good news.  If you create a multiplayer mission and select the game master slot, from there you can jump into a jeep or hummer.  From there, I would like the players (my team) to drive to the airport while in VR because driving in combined arms is awesome now with this fix.  We can properly sight see London or Vegas or some other big city on the way to the airport.  You know, create a kneeboard map with confusing directions to the airport like you get in real life.  Is there a way to initiate a trigger zone to load a script where it auto loads the player into the cockpit when you get to your destination point?  That way you don't have to break the emersion by hitting escape and then selecting an airplane slot to jump in.  

• Like 1

At the moment, its just fun to drive around in vR. As long as the radar or aiming symbology is not propperly displayed, you can just chill out on a MP server drive around and watch other players take off, and distract them dropping colorized flares from your hummer 😉

But autoloading a player in an aircraft, I think that wont work in DCS.

When you find a server with tatical commander slot its already too much fun in 2D. But imagine that in vR:

Edited by darkman222
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

First of all,

thank you very much indeed ED for this fix. Secondly I would like to ask for fixing interface so we can now actually aim with the vehicles, since it's still broken. By the way, I really like that youve fixed head movement to the turret movement and not to the hull. Secondly, I would like to point out, that probably the best aiming solution for VR in the sight mode(when you press zoom in non-VR CA) would be to just to project monoscopic image in front of both eyes but not attached to the head movement (similarly to WT solution). Thanks again for the fix, hopefully we'll get a working interface someday, it would be really great to be able to switch to useable ground vehicles after we deploy them in MP.

By the way, artillery now kind of works, since you can see azimuth and elevation hud. You don't really need to see the actual aiming rectangle. It would be even better if we got a bit more precise azimuth indicator, since hud only shows 5 degree steps. When I fire rockets at the targets 30km away, its very hard to actually get it correctly on target since even the tiniest movements of fireing angles result in a huge differences. A numerical indicator of azimuth would be great, for artillery at least.

Edited by Acherat
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Its almost there. I dont care about the half bitmap vignette and some cut overlays. We just need a crosshair to see where and what we want to lock and the lead computing pipper needs to be fixed. At the moment it is just sitting in the center of your vision. Not being calculated at all just following the head movement.

With that fixed CA will be absolutely playable in VR.

You can bind the "VR spyglass" hotkey as Zoom. Works perfectly.

Edited by darkman222
  • Like 1