Warthog throttle OFF-->IDLE function?

I heard that all of our modules, including the Hornet, had the same controller function as the A-10C where the throttles will go from OFF to IDLE simply by lifting them over the Warthog throttle's idle detent. I cannot get this to work with the Hornet. Going from idle to off works, but the reverse does not. It appears that I need to assign a specific key to move each throttle from off to idle. Is the correct controller assignment buried somewhere under a different name, or does this functionality not work in the Hornet like it does in the Hog?

I found with my Warthog throttle that you have to set the throttles to idle (not off) and when the plane loads move it over the hump to off for it to register properly.

Edited by panton41
  • Like 1

Windows 10 64-bit | Ryzen 9 3900X 4.00GHz (OC) | Asus Strix B450-F | 64GB Corsair Vengeance @ 3000MHz | two Asus GeForce 1070 Founders Edition (second card used for CUDA only) | two Silicon Power 1TB NVMe in RAID-0 | Samsung 32" 1440p Monitor | two ASUS 23" 1080p monitors | ASUS Mixed Reality VR | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind

A-10C Warthog | AV-8B Harrier (N/A) | F/A-18C Hornet | F-16C Viper | F-14B Tomcat | UH-1H Huey | P-51D Mustang | F-86F Saber | Persian Gulf | NTTR

28 minutes ago, panton41 said:

I found with my Warthog throttle that you have to set the throttles to idle (not off) and when the plane loads move it over the hump to off for it to register properly.

You'll find that to be the case with a lot of switches too.  Prior to startup I'll go through and cycle all the switches and throttles to get them synced with the sim.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Razor18 said:

There is an option in Options / Misc. tab to check, saying "Synchronize cockpit controls with HOTAS controls at startup"? Does that help maybe?

That doesn't work always.

Sometimes switches are synced, sometimes not.

If you bind Engine ON/OFF button to cut-off position it sometimes will work like a charm, and sometimes you need to cycle throttles - Off/IDLE/OFF/IDLE to start an engine.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Foka said:

That doesn't work always.

Sometimes switches are synced, sometimes not.

If you bind Engine ON/OFF button to cut-off position it sometimes will work like a charm, and sometimes you need to cycle throttles - Off/IDLE/OFF/IDLE to start an engine.

You're absolutely correct, the "Synchronize Cockpit Controls..." option is unreliable at best; and "Off/IDLE/OFF/IDLE" is exactly what I have to do to sync the throttles once in the pit.

• Like 1