Revell Model Loading Pages

Cheap_Trick

Thought I'd have fun with the theme's loading graphics.  Just to see if I would get any applause esp for those of us born before 1960-

If I get requests, I'll upload a theme package that will update the entire user interface with a Revell focus.

BackGround-F-86F Sabre.png

DCS-plate.png

Edited by Cheap_Trick
Spelling
  • Like 10

Love it! brings back memories!

• Like 1

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I bought this kit in about 1982 from a little shop in my town. I think Id seen it gathering dust in the window for about 4 years prior. It became my "standard" against which all models where judged.

In the 2000s I bought the kit again under the revell badge. Time and perhaps memory had not been kind to those molds!. I ended up scrapping it before buying the Great Wall kit which was almost as much as pig and now sits gathering dust hanging from my lads bedroom ceiling. 

Great Idea and lovely art athough I think Roy Cross and the 1970s Airfix boxes still has my heart. 

P61.jpg

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

1 hour ago, Boosterdog said:

I bought this kit in about 1982 from a little shop in my town. I think Id seen it gathering dust in the window for about 4 years prior. It became my "standard" against which all models where judged.

In the 2000s I bought the kit again under the revell badge. Time and perhaps memory had not been kind to those molds!. I ended up scrapping it before buying the Great Wall kit which was almost as much as pig and now sits gathering dust hanging from my lads bedroom ceiling. 

Great Idea and lovely art athough I think Roy Cross and the 1970s Airfix boxes still has my heart. 

P61.jpg

Omg, I still have this one in the box. Always remembering me that I should find some time to actually build it. Such a precious one that I don't want to rush it... It even included pictures how someone else build a fantastic diorama with it.

I also remember a Revell F-14 box with Wolfpack livery, one of those that's also available for DCS...

3 hours ago, Boosterdog said:

I have that very model hanging from my ceiling, too. My copy went together just well.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

6 hours ago, Wrcknbckr said:

Omg, I still have this one in the box. Always remembering me that I should find some time to actually build it. Such a precious one that I don't want to rush it... It even included pictures how someone else build a fantastic diorama with it.

I also remember a Revell F-14 box with Wolfpack livery, one of those that's also available for DCS...

The Wolfpack F14 I remember was again airfix. I read in a kids mag (Look-in I think) about it in the late 70s and I scoured John Menzies for weeks. That Saturday  I had saved £3.72 exactly for the Hercules but even the lure of that huge kit wasnt enough to disuade me once I saw the Tomcat on the shelf below it. But if one piece of model box art sparked my love of aircraft with was Roy Cross's G George Lancaster that my brother bought home in the mid 70s.  

Sorry - off topic. 

F14.jpg

Roy Cross Lancaster.jpg

4 hours ago, streakeagle said:

I have that very model hanging from my ceiling, too. My copy went together just well.

You probably have more talent than I!!

Edited by Boosterdog

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.