Buddy lasing for a 2000 with the F-16C

Hello !

Does the F-16C currently supports buddy lasing for the Mirage 2000?
We had a few problems with that last night, althouh it worked with the Hornet...

Thanks !
Afaik all litening tgp are modeled in the same way, no matter what aircraft is lasing. You should try again and if you have problems post a track in the bug section.

Regards

Sent from my MI 10 Lite 5G using Tapatalk

On a side note question....

Am I right in thinking that we can change the TGP code via the DED, but we can't change the weapon codes? are these set by the ground crew prior to T/O and as such can not be amended in flight?

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

28 minutes ago, bart said:

Am I right in thinking that we can change the TGP code via the DED, but we can't change the weapon codes? are these set by the ground crew prior to T/O and as such can not be amended in flight?

You are correct. Change TGP/laser code but not bombs once engine is started. 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That is correct. No Paveway II LGB has a data interface with the aircraft. It is set on the bomb itself by the ground crew.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

44 minutes ago, Tenkom said:

You can change laser codes for the bombs in the hornet and a-10. Maybe they will let us in the viper eventually.

As I believe the bomb's code has to be set by ground crews IRL, it would make mores sense for them to remove the A-10/Hornet in-flight capability and allow the bomb's codes to be set only in the mission editor and the alt-' rearming menu on the ground. That's just my personal preference, anyway.

Edited by Xavven
  • Like 2

You can change laser codes for the bombs in the hornet and a-10. Maybe they will let us in the viper eventually.
Hope not, it should be the other way around. No airframe should be able to change the codes of Paveway IIs in the cockpit. (aside from kneeboard or something for the ground crew)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 3