Keybindings on VR controller stop working with hand interaction

Demidrol

I currently fly without a "real" joystick using a touchpad on the controller as a 4-position hat. After 2.7 I wasn't able to manage my keybindings on the touchpad work properly when I hold the virtual stick.

Case 1:  Option "Hand Interaction Only When Palm Grip is Obtained" is active. 

Keybindings work fine until I press grip button and grab the virtual stick. Just with holding the Grip button bindings still work. 

Case 2: Option "Hand Interaction Only When Palm Grip is Obtained" is inactive. 

Again as soon as I grab the virtual stick the keybindings don't work even I no longer hold the grip button.

Did you try the bindings that start with "Throttle:" or "Stick:" rather than "Left:" or "Right:"? These were new for me in 2.7 and enabled me to map and use the controls differently when I am using the throttle or stick. There is a slight inconvenience in having to manually select these bindings from the drop-down selection rather than clicking them on the controllers themselves to register them.

On 5/8/2021 at 11:27 PM, weeaboochan said:

Did you try the bindings that start with "Throttle:" or "Stick:" rather than "Left:" or "Right:"? These were new for me in 2.7 and enabled me to map and use the controls differently when I am using the throttle or stick. There is a slight inconvenience in having to manually select these bindings from the drop-down selection rather than clicking them on the controllers themselves to register them.

Oh. you are right. Thanks