VR Multiplayer menu laggy

tomeye

I recently got the G2 and playing around with it. I have found that when I enter the multiplayer menu with servers listing the menu is very laggy, even mouse cursor is very slow making server selection difficult. Anyone with similar experience?

In the game I get around 30-40 fps.

Yeah, G2 and same. Is like that until the server browser has queried all the servers. After that, smooth as per usual.

Cheers

Core i9 12900KF | ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-F GAMING WIFI | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | 64GB DDR5 5200MHz | 3 x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | MSI MAG 322CQR 32´ | VKB Gunfighter Mk.III MCG Pro | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog Throttle | Thrusmaster T-Pendular Rudder | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | Windows 11

same here!

it get stuck every half second...

reverb g2

Edited by EAF51_Jimmi

AMD 5800 x3d Ekwb liquid cooled - 32 GB 2 x 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz G.Skill Trident Z RGB F4-3600C14D-32GTZ - rtx 3080 Asus Ekwb liquid cooled - Asus Dark Hero X570 - M2 Nvme 1tb 980 pro - M2 Nvme 1tb 970 evo - some other HD

Reverb G2 VR headset  + Leap motion hand controller 

VKB Gunfighter Mk.III ‘Modern Combat Edition’ Ultimate - Extended + Custom made Speed "bugfeedback" stiffening joystick with arduino and DCS Bios - Trhustmaster Wharthog throttle -MFG Crosswinf pedals -Simshaker controling a Jetseat and 2 bassshakers

I came here to comment on this, it's unplayable, DCS is becoming a major headache to play with all the stuttering menus and flashing screens it's incredibly frustrating, not to mention the trembling clouds. Please ED show us some love.

• 4 weeks later...

2.7 changed something with the multiplayer menu and opening up the ground crew stores page. Both just take 100% CPU and all GPU draw calls stop. It's... neat. They broke this before in a previous patch but it's never been what I'd call good.

The multiplayer menu gets worse the more servers that are populated in the list. If you type a filter for the name of the server you want fast enough, you can usually avoid it.

• 1 year later...

As the title states, server list is freezing while loading servers, freezing with it the entire frame
It also occurs while loading into a specific server also only in VR

Its very nauseating, i have to join a server with my headset off my head and looking into the monitor mirror so that i dont throw up

I believe this is a known issue, but i'm wondering if it will ever get fixed?

Edit: It's at least a couple years old

Edited by bukizzzz

• ED Team

posts merged. 

I am not seeing a problem my end, can you repeat and then attach your dcs.log it may have some clues. 

Also let us know if you are on a wired connection or wireless 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

As stated, screen freezes every half seconds until the whole list of servers is loaded.  The freezing time can be short to several seconds and seems to increase with time as the server list grows.  this issue has been there for a while, over a year for sure.

I use a wired (ethernet RJ45) connection through a router connected directly to the ISP modem.  Internet is fed to the house through fiber optic directly connected to my ISP modem.

dcs.log

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i9-13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB, ADDLINK S72 2TB, TM WARTHOG COMBO + PENDULAR RUDDER PEDALS, PIMAX 8K X, Sony 5.1 Spks+SubW | DCS OB, A-10C_II, AH-64D, F-14/16/18, F-86F, AV-8B, M-2000C, SA342, Huey, Spitfire, FC3.

It's ALWAYS done this while loading all the info from servers around the world.

My workaround is to simply search by name, add a favorite, and then click show only favorites. Loading all the names in the list still takes some time, but no stutters, and I only see the servers I want to see because they're in my favorites.